Suikoden United and Informational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Reason Why Yuber Joined Luc
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reason Why Yuber Joined Luc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i find this interesting to see why maybe yuber joined luc besides the fact that he like chaos. after you beat him and get the true lightning rune back, he says some thing like he'll never be released from his misuery. it's like he saying that he wants to be dead. he wants luc to destroy his true rune and cause chaos so his misery can be done. maybe that is the real main reason why yuber joined up with luc.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about that. I know Albert either summoned Yuber for Luc or showed Luc how to summon him which is why Yuber started to work for Luc, but I also believe Yuber had a vested interest in destroying a True Rune (as exampled in the Manga). Yuber may initially work for them simply because he was summoned and he wants bloodshet (which there will be) but I think once he realises the plan he wants to work with Luc for that reason as well.

I'm not sure about Yuber wanting to destroy his own True Rune - if Yuber is being controlled by a rune that makes him do things he doesn't want to, then I doubt it'd let him work for Luc with the intention of destroying it (if it believes a True can be destroyed). If Yuber's just moaning like some miserable brat (hey, he's in good company) about his misery, then it could simply be many things. His misery could be order and life which he wants to be released from, not in the sense that he wants to die but he wants to destroy all order and life. Luc's plan will allow him one step further to doing that.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
but he wants to destroy all order and life. Luc's plan will allow him one step further to doing that.

ya it will get him one step closer but if that plan actually happened, yuber would most likely be dead along with every one else in the grasslands and zexen. so he can't fulfill his plan to destroy all life form if he is dead. unless some how he teleports himself to a region that won't be affected in time before the whole massacre happens. since we know that yuber tends to run away when he knows the team he's on is going to lose.

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We don't know his plan won't simply be to destory all life on this world and run off the World of Emptiness. We don't know that by destroying all life he won't join into some higher being or become one with a rune or something. We don't know that by destroying all life but his own what would happen. It seems odd that if Yuber wanted to die that he'd run off all the time - that would suggest he either doesn't want to die or if "he" wants to die but his rune won't let him. Either way, the rune probably wouldn't let him do things in Suikoden III that would ultimately lead to its destruction.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'd say why he runs away all the time is due to the fact he doesn't want to die in a battle like that. he seems to want to die in some kind of choas and destruction. or maybe by pesmerga's hands. your right we won't know most the stuff you said until they finally decide to give us more insight on his rune and his intentions in the suikoworld.

ramenNrice

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm thats if they even bother to continue the series -_- ive heard that they even might discontinue it cuz like yea... its weally weally weak at market sales wise =_=
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
i'd say why he runs away all the time is due to the fact he doesn't want to die in a battle like that. he seems to want to die in some kind of choas and destruction. or maybe by pesmerga's hands. your right we won't know most the stuff you said until they finally decide to give us more insight on his rune and his intentions in the suikoworld.

I'd say its more like that he doesn't want to die at all. You know, like most people. He doesn't seem the emo type to me. I'm pretty sure he ran away from the battles in 1 and 2 was because he could tell that his side was defeated and there was no reason for him to waste his energy. But judging from his strength, he actually very well may have been able to fight off most of the army if he REALLY tried. Hey, the Flame Champion did it.

ramenNrice wrote:
hmm thats if they even bother to continue the series -_- ive heard that they even might discontinue it cuz like yea... its weally weally weak at market sales wise =_=

*slap* You are WAY too gullible.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Quote:

I'd say its more like that he doesn't want to die at all. You know, like most people. He doesn't seem the emo type to me. I'm pretty sure he ran away from the battles in 1 and 2 was because he could tell that his side was defeated and there was no reason for him to waste his energy. But judging from his strength, he actually very well may have been able to fight off most of the army if he REALLY tried. Hey, the Flame Champion did it.

that is true, why would any one want to die unless they are suidicial like luca. it could be possible that he could of fought of the armies on his own, but unfortunetly we'll never know since he always left cause he doesn't want to waste his life on a battle when he knows they won't win like you said.

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't call Luca suicidal.

In fairness, this is all a moot point about him fighting the armies. We simply do not know the extent of Yuber's strength. We know he is strong, but strong enough to hold off an army? I doubt it.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We can't really say if Yuber can fight an army by himself because we don't know the extent of his power with his true rune. If the flame champion can defeat an army it was obviously with the use of True Fire. But since we don't know much about Yuber's true rune we can't say if he can or cannot fight against so many enemies. From what I've seen in Suikoden3 he can do quite a damage if you are not carefull enough and could easily defeat the "weakest" characters or common troops (such as zexens or karayans)
KratosJudgement

Hell Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yuber joined Luc because he was looking for a chance to kill and destroy anything he wants and being with Luc got him what he wanted, so if you were with somebody who got you what you wanted, wouldn't you want to stick around for a little while?
crushedvelvet

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KratosJudgement wrote:
Yuber joined Luc because he was looking for a chance to kill and destroy anything he wants and being with Luc got him what he wanted, so if you were with somebody who got you what you wanted, wouldn't you want to stick around for a little while?

I agree, Yuber didn't say anything about his suffering. I expect Albert initially summoned him. Remeber that it was Leon who summoned him in Suiko 2 so Albert obviously knew how to do it.

The fact that a million lives would be taken probably had something to do with it. Violent and evil hearted creatures usually don't have motives, they do what they do for the simple reason that they enjoy doing it. That is what makes them so brutal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Yuber's motives were quite clear as all he does is seek destruction, I also thought it left no room for speculation...

but buff made a good point and it got me pondering, perhaps... nah.. <_<;;

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yuber has been revealed as a character, we can't really read anything more into the chaos thing, he wanted death and destruction and Luc's plan did precisely that, it was like his dream job, why wouldn't Yuber go along with it?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
why wouldn't Yuber go along with it?

one reason would be because he's not doing all the destruction. but then again he has teamed up with people who all do destruction with him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: