Suikoden United and Illusional Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Persona 3 - game of the year! It's out!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I replayed it again just to finish up the Persona Library. A very special game the first time through, but the New Game+ is quite lackluster considering you can check out all of the social link scenes on Youtube now should you feel like cheating.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm STILL not finished on my first play through, so I was wondering how it would be on my second. I didn't max out all of my S Links, and probably won't be able to, so I think that will take up much of my time. I do have my Cybele running around with all of the ma -dyne spells though, so that's nice. ^_^
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game of last year... anybody know if the Fes version is coming out?
Equus

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Last time I checked (which was a few days ago actually), there is no official word. Lots of rumors, couple of potential slip ups with folks putting English voice actors with FES in amongst their credits then retracting the posting, but nothing official. With the little spike in interest recently, it helps improves the chances, but who knows. Your guess is as good as mine. ^_^
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There seems to be more rumours flying around concerning Persona 4 than an English localization of FES, much to my annoyance. Oh well.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Delsaber: That's because the source for Persona 4 was in Atlus' financial report, meaning that it is far more credible than anything that has been discovered about a possible Persona 3 FES release. That being said though, there have been too many slipups for me to dismiss everything as mere rumors.

Equus: I was planning to finish all of the Social Links if Persona 3 FES was released, since all of the maxed Social Links have a special ending that you can see at the ending of the game and maxing out all of your Social Links (including Aeon) gives you the Rainbow Crown, which allows you to fuse Orpheus Kai. Basically put, Orpheus Kai is perfect for fighting the secret boss because he resists all elements and he's made up of high-end Personas too.

Thor McOdin: I wished there was an option to make the MC's level go back to 1. As much as I preferred the Social Link system over the battles, the game loses quite a lot of its fun when you can blast through anything. >_>

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually have enjoyed the game enough that I'm planning on playing a second time, which is rare for me. The only game recently that I've played through more than once was Suikoden V. I figure I'll work at maxing out the S-Links then, since I won't have to worry about some of the other noise. ^_^

I do see how the lack of challenge might make a second playthrough not as appealing, but I think it would mostly be for the completionist in me than for the challenge.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first parts of the game are cake on a second try, if you go new game+. After a while though, it can be fairly tough since the rest of your party will be weak still. You can always dumb down the main character by only using personas you get through shuffles or make on that playthrough, or just using equipment you find of the leftovers from the previous game. For a while anyway. Some bosses were still fairly tough despite the main character having a high level.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Equus

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True, I had wondered about the challenge with the rest of your party at the lower default levels again. I'd imagine that it would be relatively easy to push on in an area because your MC can go romping through the area, but have your party drop like flies because of it. I rather doubt I'll handicap myself in the new game +...mostly because the idea of running around with a ma-*blank*-dyne Cybele destroying some of those things that caused me such pain in the first play through sounds awfully satisfying. It almost makes me want to giggle.

I think a lot of my new game + is going to be devoted to the S-Link and also creating persona that are even more effective...especially the higher level ones. I'm also hoping for a release of FES over here too, but I plan on trying to enjoy the game as much as I can without it. It'll help curb the almost inevitable disappointment. ^_^

Update - 2/20 - So it looks like Atlus has a countdown up on it's site, and the background looks exactly like an image from the introduction to Persona 3. One can only guess that the countdown is for an announcement having to do with P3...and the only thing I can think of that they would go through that trouble to do is to announce FES. Anything else would be severely anticlimactic.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FES coming out April 22nd. A week before my birthday. :O Comes with Enhanced Persona 3 + Aegis' Story.

Quote:
Oh, and we decided to set the suggested retail for FES at $29.99, just for the heck of it. Thanks for continuing to support us, Atlus Faithful!"

I feel like trash - I found out on GameFAQs' PS3 board... >_>

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Equus

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LoL! I signed up for the email newsletters from Atlus. ^_^

Nice that they're putting it as a bundle rather than just an addendum.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WHOA WHOA WHOAAAA! NOW it's coming out? HOLY- I'm shocked =O
I haven't even found the time to finish my second playthrough. Good thing I guess...maybe? xP

Is that really going to be the suggested price? o_o that's pretty wow...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt I'd go though the trouble of selling my copies of P3 but is there a reason to still own the old game if this new release is much cheaper and have everything included?

I am very surprised that Atlus is so quick to release this new version, I mean no matter how well P3 sold outside of japan, it's at best around the same numbers as a Suikoden or Tales game, so this seems like more of a move on Atlus' part to just put out the game no matter what rather than needing to meet the demand of fans (call me crazy but no matter how many people liked P3, I'd bet there's more of a demand around the world for Suikoden I&II on PSP than this). It's nice that the new release will be so cheap, though being someone who didn't like the game enough to devote all my attention to it, I feel a little disappointed that a better version is released at half the price within such a short time before I even finished the game.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And I think you're completely wrong. Persona 3 is new, fresh, and controversial and Suikoden I and II aren't. People who actually care about Suikoden I and II are probably more willing to buy the PS1 games than buy a PSP and Suikoden 1 & II, and probably already have.

FES is not quick to arrive - we got the original game after FES was released in Japan. If you think a year's wait is "quick", I don't wanna know your definition of long...

As for me, I'm keeping the original of course. The original game in both versions are slightly different, anyway.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
I doubt I'd go though the trouble of selling my copies of P3 but is there a reason to still own the old game if this new release is much cheaper and have everything included?

It would most likely based on the light version, which means you would need the original Persona 3 for it to work. Which would also explain the cheap price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: