Suikoden United and Inspirational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Persona 3 - game of the year! It's out!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find a lot of bosses hard, especially since I tend not to level in between. Right now, it's the second to last one in Tartarus that is giving me trouble. I can stay alive no problem, but the rest of my party gets knocked out in one hit, even with almost the best armor available. I manage to scrape by in many cases and in one battle, won it by myself.

As I recall, that battle is easiest if you do only keep three people alive (or just take three people). Since they're going to do a lot of damage anyway, it's best to minimize what you have to heal. I think I went in with Akihiko, Koromaru, and Junpei and once Junpei got knocked out, I left him that way until I just had one enemy remaining.

The good thing though about them removing Elec immunity is that they almost always waste a turn to do that, meaning they aren't attacking you. :)

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luceit wrote:
*Sigh* Congratulate me, for I have finished playing the game two days ago, with a grand total of 113 hours into the game. In order to see the ending, I skipped doing the last two requests involving the hands.
Ha, congrats you. It was still faster than me...and even I missed alot of the quests at the end too (And also the two Dec quests. DOH! Me stupid)

Take a peek at New Game+ I find it very funny in a weird sense... XD;;

Luceit wrote:

Anyway, thoughts about the ending...(DO NOT HIGHLIGHT UNLESS YOU WANT THE ENDING TO BE SPOILED ABSOLUTELY!)

The differences I could spot in both sequences were:

1. 'Mysterious Girl' is replaced by Aigis.
2. Yukari says a lot more during Mitsuru's speech in the bad ending.
3. Mitsuru stumbles on her speech in the good ending when she comes to the part where her father 'died of an illness'.
4. Minato is not present during Graduation Day.
5. All of the original SEES members remember each other eventually.
6. That scene at the balcony...

Wait....so then...[ In the bad ending the whole balcony thing that happened in the good ending happened elsewhere? Was it exactly the same though besides that and it was 'Mysterious Girl' instead of Aigis?
*didn't see the bad ending*
]

I think my favorite characters were
1. Minato(main character)
[ Hence why the ending hurt/ruined me all the more...and FES doesn't exactly make me feel any better either...I mean...besides Aigis they didn't even seem to care! IT SEEMED LIKE THEY MOPED OVER SHINJI MORE THAN MINATO! ]

2. Akihiko
[ It's so funny how he's so scared of Mitsuru and all. I also find it funny that the game makes it seem like he's the coolest/more adult-like of the whole group but then throw him into like mission hot babe or the hot springs...and he becomes funnier than Junpei ]

3. Junpei
[ Although I didn't like the fact how he seemed to hate/be jealous/be cold to Minato at the beginning when they joined SEES and Minato was always chosen as the leader etc. His character sort of grew on me...and he's so realistic in the sense of "hey I know people who have the same attitude/mannerisms as him" Can't hate him for long ]

As for the s.link characters....I dunno I think I only really liked the Sun s.link guy (his name was what....Akinari?)
I originally liked the little girl (Maiko?) originally but...I dunno after awhile...it was like =\
Plus I never finished hers
Everyone else felt too....superficial for me or something? I'm not sure... I dunno...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Duke Gallison

13428 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really having a ball now with Persona 3...right now I'm near the end of the first summer vacation...

Really don't like some of the voice acting (it takes you for an idiot, especially in battle), and the decision to keep Japanese suffixes like -chan and -senpai, but still a great game.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm stuck on the floor 14 boss and there haven't been much going since I started playing so I'm not exactly sure if I'm going to be stick with the game much longer, I guess I kind of like the "plan your own day" gameplay but is there a Suikoden V type of a kick start event some time soon?

Also the Persona 2 price hike since 3 came out makes me want to pad myself on the back, I think $35-50 for a copy of P2 at this point seems almost like a fair price, doubling from a few months back and 5-10 times the price I paid for some of my copies.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Really don't like some of the voice acting (it takes you for an idiot, especially in battle), and the decision to keep Japanese suffixes like -chan and -senpai, but still a great game.

Guess what's one of main complaints about the voice acting in Persona 3? >_>
I think almost everyone (me included) had issues with the voice acting in battle, especially when it comes to the operators. I can see if there are two enemies left if I started out with three and I killed one, thank you very much! Besides that, I think that Fuuka's lines were too repetitive for my taste and she just seemed to irritate me.
As for the suffixes, I think they're fine, but some people had issues with how the voice actors pronounced the suffixes.

Quote:

I'm stuck on the floor 14 boss and there haven't been much going since I started playing so I'm not exactly sure if I'm going to be stick with the game much longer, I guess I kind of like the "plan your own day" gameplay but is there a Suikoden V type of a kick start event some time soon?

Kick start event as in something becoming more interesting? Other than your regular full moon missions, you don't learn much about the main story in one go, and it only gets really exciting somewhere aroud August. Other than that, my main advice is to look out for Social Links and start relationships with them otherwise you're going to get very bored of this game fast.

For Naditsu:
*SPOILERS*
In the bad ending, it's March 5th. All of the SEES members still live in the dorm but they have no idea why they are there (except for Aegis). Minato, Junpei and Yukari are still friends because they are in the same class, but they don't seem to get on well with Akihiko and Mitsuru because they don't know them. As they approach the main building, Junpei happens to spot Aegis looking at them from behind a tree and he wonders if she has a liking to any of them. Yukari also mentions that she happens to live in the dorm, but none of them know why. (Which reminds me, only Aegis retains her memories in the bad ending.)
During the speech, the three of them sit together. Mitsuru has forgotten how her father died so she just says that he died of an illness (as you recall, in the good ending, she says this then stops as she begins to remember what actually happened). Later, Junpei proposes going out to the karaoke and you have the option to nod or just smile. That's the part where the game ends, and if I'm not wrong, the ending picture shows Minato, Junpei and Yukari with Yukari belting her heart out and Minato just reading something.

Getsuga

209279 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't know a whole lot about the series, but it certainly looks really, really, really cool. Especially the female characater with the gold thingy for the arm. Looks really neat.
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i hope that this means that'll make persona four i just finished yester day at 5 am and i was amazed by the game especially the last boss it was one of the coolest looking last bosses i have ever fought it was too easy though because i used Armageddon and took it out in one hit but the but the other bosses before i acquire armageddon were difficult and it was the first game with a compelling story thats challenged me in a while
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's already some talk about a Persona 4 at GameFAQs. So far though, all that is known is that it's most likely going to be released on the PS 3.
Speaking about the last boss, if you really want a challenge, you should try tackling it at level 70 and slightly above. It becomes a lot easier at level 80, a joke at level 90 and let's not even talk about level 99 with Armageddon. As a cautionary note though, be aware that you should get things to null Charm unless you want to risk having one of your party members getting charmed and then healing the last form back to full HP.

Speaking of which, I have discovered something interesting while going through the Persona 3 board. The first one appears to be a confirmation of a Persona movie, though from what I've heard (details are sketchy), it has very little to do with the original story. The second one talks about a Persona 3 anime set 10 years into the future. It's called Persona 3: Trinity Soul.

...Actually, the most interesting thing so far is a rumor that Persona 3:FES may be released in the US soon enough, as it was listed for a while in the profiles of two of the English voice actors.

Links:

Movie: http://www.persona-movie.jp/

Anime: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/comment?date=20071107

Possibility of FES: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932312&topic=3898 0557

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooooo an anime! That'd be sweeeet :o
and 10 years into the future too? That'd make my day if it's really coming out.

There's apparently already a P3 manga floating around. Haven't seen/read much of it though...but what I have seen...it hasn't quite hit the spot (in terms of...I WANT A BLOODY REAL SEQUEL-NO NOT JUST FES DANGIT! ) ...
urm yeah...*cough* sorry for that outburst

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Steve Prince's resume before being removed. See first on the list.

http://www.steveprinceproductions.com/About_Me.html

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that was quite a while ago now. Liam O'Brien outright stated "Persona 3: Fes" on his website before it too was taken down.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guess Persona 3 was a considerable success, for them to actually go and attempt to market FES outside Japan?

If it's at least as successful as Koei and its endless DW/SW expansions, that'd be good enough.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Guess Persona 3 was a considerable success, for them to actually go and attempt to market FES outside Japan?

They also marketed Persona 3 FES at Korea and Taiwan, to my knowledge. I did hear however that Japanese gamers were not very impressed with FES as they thought little of Episode Aegis and also because plenty of games there already have 'maid outfits'. Not that I care about what they think; Persona 3 FES is my perfect excuse to let rip on the PS2 again and go for the rest of the Social Links.

As for the manga, I've heard that the two groups scanlating it have trouble obtaining copies of the magazine in which it's shown. As a result, the chapters are skewed; instead of going from chapter 1-4, I only know that the prologue and chapter 4 (otherwise known as chapter 3b) has been released so far. Besides that, the prologue is spoilerific if you haven't played the game yet. It starts from the last Shadow battle (the Hanged Man)

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm thinking of getting the EU version in the next month or so when it's released, but I wonder, does the game have any replay value? I don't know a lot about it.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it has some degree of replay value. It doesn't have a lot, but it at least has some. It is fairly difficult to make all of the personas and complete the social links on your own, so if you want a "complete" game without using a guide, you will likely want to give it another go. There are also many personas that you can play around with, so you may want to try different combinations and such as you go through the game, not to mention possibly using different party members. From my perspective, most of the replay value comes from incomplete social links you'll want to take another shot at as well as gameplay.

The overarching story got less interesting for me when I knew what was coming. There is also one request you can do only a new game+, but that is probably not enough on its own. It wasn't for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: