Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Persona 3 - game of the year! It's out!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Persona 3 - game of the year! It's out! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh mannnn! I'm just so happy right now

Last edited by Himuro on Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aw! I guess I should type a long description about how happy I am now, how this news has made my day, and how the characters and screenshots look extraordinarily cool. Or maybe I should type an expression of worriness that Atlus may begin to randomly spouting their SMT franchise as fast as possible without taking a good consideration about their quality.

But right now, I am just at a loss of words...

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not! They shelled out SMT3, DDS1+2 in the span of what? One year? I'm not worried at all.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The write up on the game's plot/system, from 1up.

1up wrote:
. The series, spun off from the critically acclaimed Shin Megami Tensei games, enjoyed three releases on the PlayStation: Persona, Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. Six years after the last game was released, Persona 3 is being brought to Japan. This week's issue of Japanese magazine Weekly Famitsu, features a seven page blow-out on the game, including a few words from the producer/director, Katsura Hashino, and the character designer/art director, Shigenori Soejima.

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment ended the story of the characters from the first three games, so Persona 3 starts fresh with a new cast and a new storyline. Like the previous games, demons known as Personae are used by the player to fight enemies, but this time the enemies are known as Shadows. The game is set on an Island Campus where regular student life ensues during the day, but when the clock strikes midnight, the evil spirits come out to play. According to Hashino, this idea comes from the Tarot cards used in the previous games in the series. The 13th Tarot card is Death, so the time after midnight is known as the "13th Hour," or "Shadow Time."

Soejima goes on to say the character designs are based on real students and what they wear nowadays. The whole game has a very modern feel about it, including the music and the way the students behave. The game's visual style is also very modern -- character portraits are represented by colorful illustrations that look like they've been torn from a newspaper, and the system menus and chat boxes all feature large, cool-looking text.

Personae can now be obtained on Persona cards at the end of battles. These cards are used to summon the Persona or they can be combined to create new Personae. This process takes place in a room which may be familiar to fans of the series, the Velvet Room. In fact, old friend Igor makes a return to assist in the synthesis process too. Also new to this game are "Communities", known as "Commu" for short. The lead character allies with communities by collecting "Commu Cards" which can be levelled up. When a Community with a high level is synthesised with a Persona of the same attribute, the player gains an experience bonus.

The game's been in development for a long time, and Hashino says fans of the series will not be disappointed, promising playtime of more than 50 hours and plenty of additional content for thorough players. Currently 75% complete, P3: Persona 3 will be released in Japan on July 13th.

This is, quite possibly the best video game news I have heard in ages. I loved Eternal Punishment (It is, in fact, my favorite game of all time). If this one is even half as good as that one, it'll be an absolutely amazing game.

I'm not completely sold on the art, yet, but Shigenori Soejima (Of Stella Deus fame) is doing a good job of emulating the style of Kazuma Kaneko.

High hopes for this one.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Over 10 minutes of Persona 3 goodness!

http://gameup.ddo.jp/src/g_up0056.zip.html
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please, please let this game come to America.

Please, please let this gamc come to America.

Man,I loved Persona! I'm so excited. :)

Modern RPGs are so rare.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Loran Cehack

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will have this game. Even if it never get released in America. I will learn Japanese/kidnap and force somebody that speaks Japanese to translate this if this doesn't get released over here. Although I believe that Atlus USA almost certainly will bring it over as they have been pretty cool about what they release lately.

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
You take control of the main character during each day of school, starting with arrival in the morning and ending in the afternoon as you head back to your dorm. Between classes, you can investigate the school grounds, and following the school day, you can do the same in town.

Players get to experience school life in Persona 3. The game lets you work through a year of in-game time. Most of your activities on weekdays take place following classes, but on weekdays and holidays, you can make appointments with other characters in order to strengthen your relationships. The relationship with your "Comyu," short for "community," has an effect on your battle with the Shadow.

Even on days where you don't have an appointment, you're free to just wander around town, visiting shops as you like. This is true even during summer vacation. The game includes summer school, a summer sports meet, and other events for your time away from school.

Other characters go through school life as well. On the days prior to a big test, your allies will lock themselves away in their rooms and concentrate on studying, meaning they won't be able to help out in the fight against the Shadow. Characters will even get sick and miss classes.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/694/694490p1.html

Another link to the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Ie0uHI9jA
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Once upon a time, I owned Persona 1 and Persona 2.

They were a gift for a friend, though.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, apparently, in order to summon his Persona, the main character shoots himself in the head.

Which...may lower the chances of it being localised.

YES. YES IT CAN.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see why that makes any difference compared to the violence you see in action games.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because a teenager shooting himself in the head, likely repeatedly, is a bit different than most of the violence in action games.

I mean, don't misunderstand me, I think it's a really interesting twist, and I hope more than anyone that it will be translated. I'm just saying that fact may be a bit of a snag. Hope it's not though.

YES. YES IT CAN.

Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That doesn't mean anything. They'll just edit it out.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They'll edit out the Personae?

YES. YES IT CAN.

Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They'll edit the animation. It's not the first time a Persona game was edited for NA release. Personally, I'd take an edited version over no version at all, and considering ATLUS's willingness to release SMTN, DDS1+2, and Devil Summoner 3 (which IS coming out here, just wait for e3 for an announcement), I bet you they will release Persona 3.

Anywho, check out this feature on Megaten games.

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/megaten/megaten.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: