Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

World Map presented in History of Suikoden dvd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More mentions of the Western Continent come in the end of Suikoden V, ending spoilers below:

"Norma, Ernst and Levi head across the western sea to the ruins where Ernst found his "Beast Rune" to uncover the origins of the curse."

A nation called Zelant is also mentioned in Suikoden V and the character Norma hails from that nation which if you read into the endings correctly is on the Western Continent and is apparently a nation with a high reputation for armor and weapon quality.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Somehow, this is the first time I've stumbled upon this thread, and had a look at the various excellent maps being tossed around, particularly the one from theirstar. It appears to be the usual quality research that I would expect from John Layfield and his associates. Anyway, it's all highly interesting to me, especially since this is the first time I've actually looked through this thread...

It probably wouldn't have meant much to me until the point I've reached in Suikoden V anyway...at least as far as the geography of the southern continent on which Falena sits is concerned. The location of Armes and the like...blah blah. It's remarkably unsatisfying, though, all things considered...I mean, we still have no idea what's on the Western Continent, we don't see the full extent of either the southern or nothern continents, and there's supposedly another continent north of the one on which Toran, Dunan etc. rest on which Harmonia holds still more territory, right?

Plus, we still know nothing of the internal geography of any of the nations we haven't visited extensively...ranging from Harmonia to the new kingdoms like Armes. It still leaves me thirsting ever for more information, and more importantly, more Suikoden games. When does the as-yet-unannounced Suikoden VI come out, again? *grumble*

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, Zelant is on the Western Continent, and it makes sense that Zexen trades with the western continent. Zexen is a very militarily-based nation, and Zelant has the best armor and weapons, so of course Zexen is going to trade with them. Maybe Zelant is the nation Albert wanted to go back to?

I'm surprised Kanakan is so far away from the rest of the Northern Continent. I'm just wondering how so many people travel there to see Roundier Haia. There must be a port in either Toran or Dunan that goes straight there, since so many people go there for the liquor and the training lessons from Roundier Haia. That's pretty much all we know of that place so far.

A western continent. Yay! I'm sure in the next game we'll hear more of the nations there aside from Zelant. We still have a lot more places to visit. These places are...

Zelant Kingdom - Western Continent.

Dukedom of Gaien - Near Island Nations. Can't wait to hear more of this place.

Kanakan - Eastern Continentish thing. Is this a kingdom, a republic, any particular nation at all, or just some island where drunks and crappy swordsmen go to learn to be better? We need answers, Konami!!

Nameless Lands - As far as we know, it's on the Northern Continent, but I believe it was mentioned that there are several different nations within the Nameless Lands. Perhaps there is another continent to the north of Harmonia, where the Nameless Lands exist. This would make the original "Northern Continent" the "Central Continent".

Black Dragon Island - Glad to know where it is, but I'd like to know more.

Nagarea Theocracy - Can't say much without spoiling Suikoden V...I think. :?

New Armes Kingdom - Southern Continent near Falena. All we know is that they don't really get along with Falena and they dress all Middle-Eastern.

And I think that's it. Glad to see a new world map. Wonder how much it'll change for the next game? That all depends on the date of the game, location of the game, and the creator of the new game. Most likely, the maps will change with every new creator. I think they need to stop introducing more nations and focus on the ones we already have..
Rocky

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The link isn't working, could someone repost/rehost it? :oops:

And, history of Suikoden DVD? Is that like, Japan only?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fushichou

1860 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been a couple years since anyone posted anything here. I found an image of the Suikoden world map, though I'm not sure if this is the same as the one that was originally posted here.

http://images.ngamexp.com/6/0000006093.jpg
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^It's not. Thanks for nothing. I think layfield drew that like 30 years ago.

I saw the DVD map once and i'm fairly certain whoever drew that map (layfield) based it on the DVD map. w.e w.e w.e I just wanna see the DVD map now.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That awkward moment where you reply to a 4 year old post?

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Paying attention is for scrubs after all, isn't it?
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Didn't read assumed it was newish. Was not aware of how long this board has been essentially dead. Though you two were fascinatingly quick at jumping on my back for it. Makes you wonder if your type would actually make posts that even if slightly contribute anything other than sarcasm, maybe this board wouldn't have died. :/

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just happened to be on at that particular time.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Andarc wrote:
Makes you wonder if your type would actually make posts that even if slightly contribute anything other than sarcasm, maybe this board wouldn't have died. :/

Considering your snarky "thanks for nothing" post, you really shouldn't throw stones. Usually, the lack of a new post indicator would be a clue that the thread hasn't been active lately and that could be overlooked if you hadn't visited the board from the time the last post was made and when you made your reply, but your profile lists at least one post last November (asking "how dead" the series was), after which any new (to you) activity would no longer appear "new" upon your next visit. #losing

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

2 hours between your post and mine would indicate that I saw a new post marker (when usually there are no new posts and I log back out) and of course decided to read it to see your post. I did mean it in jest so that we might laugh considering you mentioned time in your reply to said individual (30 years was it?) so I apologise if you can't see the humour in the situation.

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But I don't read every board each time and I usually hit the mark all posts out of habit.

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seeing that map...or any Suikoden map for that matter, makes me want Suikoden 6 even more. Sucks that we will probably never see it though.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Barbarossa Rugner wrote:
Seeing that map...or any Suikoden map for that matter, makes me want Suikoden 6 even more. Sucks that we will probably never see it though.

Agreed. So much territory that they could explore deeply without overly conflicting with previous timelines (which seems to be a major concern of the development team moving forward with the series). I mean seriously. How could they not have had a game set in Harmonia?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: