Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

World Map presented in History of Suikoden dvd
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: World Map presented in History of Suikoden dvd Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://ranobe.sakuratan.com/up/src/up92268.jpg

Interesting. I'm looking for more info from the dvd.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that's massive. The suikoden world map is gigantic! We can see where Harmonia is. Wow, we've had a bunch of maps. Mostly wrong ones. I'm curious what that tiney little blip on the upper right corner of the map from Suikoden 3(2002 titled map). I'm also confused about the orientation of the map from Suikoden 4(2004 titled map) and where Kooluk is on it, particularly. Anyone know?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The big island in the middle of the Suikoden IV image is Obel so Kooluk looks like it's off the map in this case. It should be pretty far north no?

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most of Harmonia looks like it's off the map as well. The first screen shows most of Zexen and Grassland. I would assume (dangerously I admit) that the blip at the top right of the first map is Crystal Valley. Based purely on the fact that we "visit" Crystal Valley in Suikoden III and each map seems to contain the locations of the various places that are seen in each game.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The placement of the Island Nations in that map with relation to the other three is off.

And, the unclear location name on the map isn't Crystal Valley. Mari-- it's probably Marid, but its location doesn't make sense either.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A full map from the DVD has already been revealed thanks to Alkazar.

http://www.thevederate.com/suikoden/suikov/suikomap.jpg

Note that the version posted by Himuro heavily conflicts with this along with the brief view shown in one of the Suikoden V promotional videos.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really? Wow, what's that continent on the far west?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Western Continent referenced in Suikoden III.

Zexen conducts trade with nations on that continent. Also, Albert Silverberg was rumoured to have gained a post as a strategist in a prominent nation located on that continent.

Besides that, we don't know anything about it.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait wait, that's Harmonia? I thought Harmonia was maybe in the north eastern part of the world because of Caleria. I'm trying to see where Harmonia fits in to all of this because isn't Caleria apart of Harmonia?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can make out where the Grasslands end, right? By basically finding the large lake in the north-east of the region. You can also find where Dunan stops in the north, there's a line running across where the old Highland/Harmonia border was.

Everything in between those two is Harmonian territory. Also notice that the map continues north beyond the cut-off point meaning there's most likely yet even more Harmonian territory to the north.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True. I was thinking that northern area was the part of the world where Thomas was from.

I thought Albert went to Harmonia? If that western continent's not Harmonia then..I'm just confused. But then, Zexen didn't trade with Harmonia I don't think. I remember they had big trade with Tinto but that's it. Man I can't wait for V so I can run through I-III afterwards.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Albert Silverberg didn't go to Harmonia after Suikoden 3. Considering how he betrayed Sasarai, he'd have massive difficulty finding a job back in Crystal Valley--and that is if he isn't killed.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wasn't Albert's entire Harmonian tour of duty just part of a plan to get enough of a reputation to secure a job on the Western Continent?

If so, it may suggest that there's a nation somewhere over there potentially comparable with Harmonia.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looking at how big that landmass is, I'd say there must be some sort of pretty powerful presence there.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Wasn't Albert's entire Harmonian tour of duty just part of a plan to get enough of a reputation to secure a job on the Western Continent?

If so, it may suggest that there's a nation somewhere over there potentially comparable with Harmonia.

Yeah, he wanted to get more reputation so he could be a head strategist in a very powerful nation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: