Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

World Map presented in History of Suikoden dvd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That map doesn't show the whole world by off (or at least I guess) as the Eastern Landmass doesn't just cut off there and neither would Falena or Harmonia. In fact if I remember correctly, Harmonia has territory on continent to the north...

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Heroic Knight 3211

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what is the continent on the west and in the south east?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unknown at present.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The western one has been dubbed "Western Continent,"and the Eastern one has no name, which has been the focal point of most of this thread.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may as well bring up, once again, the mentions of the Western Continent from Suikoden III for those who forgot, or never had a chance to play the game, like Heroic Knight... 3211.

The Western Continent was first mentioned in Suikoden III. Nations on the continent engage in trade with merchants of the Zexen Confederacy via the western post town of Vinay del Zexay.

Also, it is rumoured that everything Albert Silverberg did with Luc and Harmonia all served a plan to earn himself enough of a reputation to gain a job as a strategist in a prominent nation on the continent.

I call the eastern part the 'Eastern Landmass' as I can't be sure it's not just one hell of an island.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too have heard of this northern continant, though the reason why it's not on the new map is probably because to show that thwy would also have to show the extent of Harmonia and nations of the nameless lands on the 'main' continant, which i doubt Konami wished to do at this moment in time.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I assume by the northern continent you're all refering to the other continent on which Harmonia is said to hold significant territory?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed that is the continent that i refer to.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't remember ever hearing about a northern continent or other continent in which Harmonia has influence. Where was this referenced? Was it in III?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like how there are no rivers or sources of fresh water on the Western Continent. Maybe it's like a Final Fantasy continent that is completely and entirely desert and you can't land your black chocobo on it because of that.

Stupid desert continents.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Heroic Knight 3211

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey! John Layfield i pass suikoden 3,4 times i didn't here anything about a southeast
or a west continent
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could've sworn it was only referenced in Kidd's investigation OR Albert's ending tag. Can't remember which one to be sure but I don't think Albert's the type to reveal his plans to the heroes.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Several NPC's in Vinay del Zexay's Port Avenue also reference it in passing.
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The western continent is referenced in Albert's ending, yes. If someone didn't catch that, it's their own fault.

It's also nice to know that, indeed, the world of Suikoden has plate tectonics. Re-examining the map after hours of staring at Photoshop, I find the continents match up nicely just like our own. Perhaps the Cyndar never had to travel by boat... The world of Suikoden would have, at one time, been a super continent. Yes, a total random and possibly useless fact brought to you by the student of geography.

Edit: The map is also terribly out of scale with what's presented in the games... at least in the Island Nations. None of the islands fall quite in the right positions based off the in game positions... If this is supposed to be a modern 475 map of the Suikoden world, there's a lot of island drift in just over 170 years.

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The northern continent is where Toran, Zexen and the rest of the well-known nations are located. At least, that's how the supposedly "main" continent have been consistently referred to in Suikoden V. Obviously Harmonia has some influence over this continent, because that's where its grandiose capital is based at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: