Suikoden Utopian and Informational Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

World Map presented in History of Suikoden dvd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed. Even more so if the nation took up a large chunk of the landmass. It also seems there's a small part of it yet to be uncovered.

I know the text is small and blurry but is it possible even to get a vauge idea of what it may say on the landmass? I'm assuming it's something as delightfully helpful as "Western Continent" but some confirmation would be nice.

Another potentially extremely interesting piece of text is located on the small chain of islands located to the north of the large island off the western coast of Toran. It's impossible to view but there must be someway to find a clearer/larger image of that map.

Also, what's the deal with El-Eal always being sperated from the main continent? There also seems to be some text there which may shed some light on that.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Slightly touched up and given a closer look.

Click the thumbnail:

Click again when it's loaded to zoom it in to full view.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am indeed falling in love with having a full on world map. I noticed the placement of the Island Nations was way off but figured that considering Konami change the location of places all the time I'd just keep quiet incase I'd missed something.

Gaien and the "Bannna Island", that huge Western Continent, the Soutern Continent (below Island Nations) and the one to the east of that (keep in mind I don't want any of this revealed if it's Suikoden V information even though I personally know some of the places let's not mention it incase some people don't want it revealed) and various other "large" (I say large as they're larger than the Islands in the Island Nations) Islands floating around the place - they could be all featuring in future Suikoden games.

If someone could translate them for us I would happily give them my kidney. I'd give them my appendix but I kinda lost that one.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You guessed it right, it just says "Western Continent."

The small text to the right side below Toran says "Kanakan"

The smal text around El-Eal says "El-Eal Fortress."

The small island to the west of Toran is listed as "Black Dragon Island." This doesn't refer to the large island though.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
The small text to the right side below Toran says "Kanakan"

I can't see this text, or at least I'm not readily noticing it. A more specific location?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like how there's more pieces of land on the map that we haven't explored yet; notably, that giant chunk of land to the west of the Zexen Confederation. Looks like we have many more places to visit, folks.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You mean the western continent I've been discussing on and off for two pages? XD
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a separate island to the southeast of Toran and slightly north and east of Kooluk. There's small text above the island that reads "Kanakan."
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha! Yeah, that's the giant chunk of land I was talking about. Talking about it is cool, but talk isn't enough for me. I wanna step foot onto that giant chunk of land, explore the area, smell the fresh local air, check out the cute girls, and eat their food. You know... do what I usually do in Suikoden games. Hopefully, I'll find another steamed bun restaurant, but I seriously doubt it. Maybe I can drop by and say what's up to Albert, give him a high five or something. Maybe someday, you think? In another future Suikoden title.

One thing I just noticed was that landmass to the southeast. Doesn't it look like a smaller version of the giant landmass west of the Zexen Confederation?

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
There's a separate island to the southeast of Toran and slightly north and east of Kooluk. There's small text above the island that reads "Kanakan."

How you can read that is a miracle, I can barely even make it out. But that's actually one of the bigger mysteries solved right there. We've been speculating about what Kanakan actually is since Suikoden II. Now we know something, it's an island.

Is there any other interesting text? A few locations don't seem to be familiar to me. There's one south of, what I assume is, Caleria and two, presumably, Harmonian locations that seem interesting.

Any idea what's up with Kooluk and the mysterious El-Eal island though?

EDIT: Obel Soldier, you have a point. They seem to be similar in style. I've decided to dub that area the Eastern Landmass until we can be sure it's a continent.

Quick Map with Location Names
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I remember something about Kanakan. Nothing groundbreaking, mind you. I think Elenor's favorite choice of wine came from there.

So now we know that it's an island, and the people there make some good liquor.

Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, maybe the world has actually had a geographical shift after 140 or so years after SIV? Maybe that's a little too soon for a drastic change in geography regarding El Eal, but that's the only thing I can think of. Maybe they give a hint in Suikoden V?
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe it's just Konami's crappy continunity at play like usual. It's finally good to know where everything is, especially Black Dragon Island.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Is there any other interesting text? A few locations don't seem to be familiar to me. There's one south of, what I assume is, Caleria and two, presumably, Harmonian locations that seem interesting.

South of Caleria is Milit. The second northernmost point is Marid.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the map doesn't show the complete world of Suikoden. Essencially for the north. For what I get of the borders, Harmonia should have much more land to the north (it seems around Toran's size in the map) and Falena looks huge compared to it. Also, the Eastern landmass seems everything but its total, unless the "edge of the world" that Templton wants to find is there.
Hell, this Eastern Landmass seems to intrigue even more! Of course, that huge Western Continent is also very intriguing. My bet would be a huge nation vs 4 small nations there. Think of the possible set ups for future Suikodens!

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: