Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do True Runes Grant Immortality?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[b]they can be killed in battle but resist illness and ageing[/b]

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Korgeta

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Do True Runes Grant Immortality? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The suikoden history is actually a short one, I mean according to suikoden timeline on suikosource, the recorded history is almost just over 500yrs. We know nothing of before except that the sindar were around before -2 Sol. The true runes do retard ageing, Windy has been around near all of the suiko history so to an extent it retards ageing almost indefinately.
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bearers die. But they don't age. They too are not invincible.
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Do True Runes Grant Immortality? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As has been said bearers die but do not age so they wont die of old age or cancer they'll always be killed by something or someone.

The true runes can be sealed in a certain person or place (Think Sas and Luc or think the cave in S2) or in the case of the rune of punishment it immediately passes to any person within a given area. This is why the ruins on Obel were sealed for centuries until Rakgi's father wandered too far into them and the rune of punishment transferred to him. Also I believe true runes will seal themselves in a certain location waiting for their next bearer. The closest I can think of this is the Night rune waiting in the cave of time for Victor.

The gate rune officially became whole again and Leknaat is the bearer of it. Originally it was unknown what happened to the other half initially leaving an open ended story for Windy which Konami snuffed out when suikoden 2 came out by amending the story as stated above.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You got that backwards, Uber. Windy was originally dead at the end of Suikoden I, but her (and Barbarossa's) status was ammended to "missing". Leknaat was never said to have the full rune, and with the last bit of info, it is assumed that Windy and old Redbeard still have their runes.

And to Korgeta's bit about only 500 years of timeline, do more research. The timeline started as early, potentially speaking, as -550 (or -390, if you don't believe Genoh :P ).

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":zdr62dnl]You got that backwards, Uber. Windy was originally dead at the end of Suikoden I, but her (and Barbarossa's) status was ammended to "missing". Leknaat was never said to have the full rune, and with the last bit of info, it is assumed that Windy and old Redbeard still have their runes.

My bad, that does sound more like Konami, instead of tying up loose ends they create more of them possibly with no intention of ever returning to them. Maybe they plan to bring all of the true rune bearers back in the last game villains versus tenkais.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: