Suikoden Unique and Informational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do True Runes Grant Immortality?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Do True Runes Grant Immortality? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

don't know if there was a topic on this here or not, but there was one over on suikosource. like right here.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5659

but i have been gathering quotes through my game play on suikoden 3 and they mention that true runes give immortality plenty of times. don't know if they made it into a typo of some thing. i know they don't grant immortality but how can you go against the game that says they do. just seems odd to me. but here's the current quotes from people i have gathered.

lilly mention that true runes gives immortality in hugo's chapter 2. but i didn't write down the quote she exactly used.

this is what joker said at the end of geddoe's chapter 2. when he explains the story of the true runes.

Quote:
those who have the one of the 27 true runes holds great power and immortality.

and here's some thing mua said in hugo's chapter 3. doesn't really say much though.

Quote:
many of my comrades in the alliance of free knights say the flame champion is immortal.

this was during a flashback with the flame champ, wyatt and geddoe.

Quote:
some times i regret our immortality - wyatt

here's one yun says during chris's chapter 3.

Quote:
the bearers of the runes are said to be granted power and immortality - yun

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True Runes do grant immortality.

However, various conditions are placed on this.

- A young True Rune bearer will grow to physical maturity. This is what happened with Ted. He grew to the point of a young adult then ceased aging from there.

- True Rune bearers can be killed by beheading. Just like in Highlander. :P

- True Rune bearers can be killed from severe damage to organs and so on.

Essentially, True Rune's only grant agelessness and immunity from natural diseases.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In those quotes you have to remember that by immortal they mean that they won't age. If True Rune bearers couldn't be killed then it's make gameplay quite easy.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:

- A young True Rune bearer will grow to physical maturity. This is what happened with Ted. He grew to the point of a young adult then ceased aging from there.

same goes for luc and sasari.

Quote:
In those quotes you have to remember that by immortal they mean that they won't age. If True Rune bearers couldn't be killed then it's make gameplay quite easy.

that's what i kind of figured. just was a little confused by them all saying immortality.

Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just a lad when I stumbled across the rune which found me, in the summer of 1953. The boys and I, we cut school to go over to the next town to see a carnival. We had a run-in with some bigger boys and split up to escape getting a classic whoopin. My buddies wound up gettin whooped, I wound up in a cave near the railroad tracks... some voice talked to me, and I haven't aged in 53 years... who's doing the whoopin now?

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
If True Rune bearers couldn't be killed then it's make gameplay quite easy.

Or quite difficult, as your enemies also have True Runes...

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*snicker* You DON'T want to hear how I got mine...;););)

There's even been some debate over how far a young Rune bearer will age after he/she gets the rune—I'm inclined to think that it's not so much a set age as it is something that varies slightly from Rune Bearer to Rune Bearer and Rune to Rune. I dunno.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it has to be. if you look at luc and ted who got their runes at such a young age and notice them now they don't look that old. but sasari said to hugo who was pretending to be the flame champ at the time saying "your just a kid, at least i look to be over 30."

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd agree with HarmonianHiccup about the ageing. I would think it differs depending on the person and the rune.

Also:

Quote:
Or quite difficult, as your enemies also have True Runes...

If True Runes meant you could not be killed as was asked in this thread, then no matter how many enemies had True Runes, you still could not be killed. That was my point.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True Runes grant immortality via not-aging only. It's not like they are immune to being killed by a sword... I think Brandeau showed us all how that works. Rune barers can be killed just like anyone else. But what I want to know is where these runes wind up after their barer is killed. Like, is there half a gate rune just kinda hanging out somewhere? Find that, and I'm sure you'll find the former site of the gate-rune clan. I wonder, shouldn't the free half of the gate go find the other half? I'm not sure how that works.

Do they (the other true runes) all congregate in some void somewhere, the Beast Rune, the Sovereign Rune (did anyone find the sword?), the True Wind Rune... since Yuber wasn't killed, he still has the Eight Devil Rune wherever he is...

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the eight devil rune is a totally different rune from his eightfold rune, it is not a true rune. but where does a true rune go when the owner gets killed, it can either try to find a new host or like in rakagi's father case it stayed in his dead arm from what 4 said until it was released by the queen of obel. only reason why brandeau died was due from using a great ammount of power from the rune so it drained his life to where there was almost nothing. after lazlo beat him he had nothing left in his body and thus the rune passed on.

Yam Koo

Mighty Dragoons of Draconia

10296 Potch
1050 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

as buff said, brandeau died to the fact that he unleshed the full power. and as a draw back to having that rune, it takes the life of the bearer. and the reasoning for it not taking the heros, also known as lazlo, his rune became the rune of forgiveness.

as for the true runes giving immortality, that is not the right word. in my opinion, it is like the elves life span. elves are immune to illness, and they only age to a certain point. now, they can be killed though, which imortality does not offer. they usually have to suffer a great deal of damage, as well as being destroyed physically.

now, as for the runes passing after the bearer dies, that only happens when the next in line is near the rune. for what it sounds and looks like to me, a rune has a pre-determined line of hosts. the only way this chain could be interupted is by using the meathod luc and sarah used to steal runes.

The Great Fisherman Yam Koo
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yam Koo wrote:
as buff said, brandeau died to the fact that he unleshed the full power. and as a draw back to having that rune, it takes the life of the bearer. and the reasoning for it not taking the heros, also known as lazlo, his rune became the rune of forgiveness.

lazlo's rune of punishment didn't go into forgiveness state until he freed all the souls after he used the runes power.

Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

So, you don't believe Ted's aging was due to the time He spent on that ungodly ship without the Soul Eater?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i don't think it was said how long ted spent on the ghost ship. that could be the case or he could of age to where he looked like in 4 and then found the ghost ship.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: