Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Will Wright's Spore
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Will Wright's Spore Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198&q=spore +the+game Has any one read anything or seen anything in this game? I've been looking at it and I am blown away at the possibilities of the game. You start out as a single cell organism and you evolve into other creatures by doing little games, you get to evolve the creature how you want it to, adn customization and creativety are the main focus point for it. Eventually, you can make civilizations with your creatures and combat othertribes of other creatures, then you can do space travel, conquer othe planets and do the same to their planets. It's hard to describe, but watch the video and see about it, it;s quite amazing.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, this game looks awesome. It's a little bit of Sims with Sim City and then a touch of Alpha Centauri. I'm definitely looking forward to it. In fact, because this game is from Will Wright, I have no worries about the quality or ambitiousness of the game

Here's some links for more information if anyone cares:

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spore_(game)]Wikipedia's entry[/url]
IGN's
Gamespot's

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that looks insane. I didn't watch the whole thing, but I skipped ahead every five minutes and each time it was something completely different. From a larvae to colonizing a galaxy, what the...?? I've never seen anything like that. And its online as well huh? Sounds cool.
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My friend showed me that game, he can't wait for it. Said it's like SIMS God. It looks cool, but I don't think I have the patience for it. I'll probably just watch him play it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Phamex wrote:
My friend showed me that game, he can't wait for it. Said it's like SIMS God. It looks cool, but I don't think I have the patience for it. I'll probably just watch him play it.

I bet you will watch. Let's just hope that my computer will end up being able to handle the game...I'm sure I'll need a new graphics card.

But yes. This is one of the few PC games I've ever been psyched over.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pierrot_Le_Fou wrote:
Wow, that looks insane. I didn't watch the whole thing, but I skipped ahead every five minutes and each time it was something completely different. From a larvae to colonizing a galaxy, what the...?? I've never seen anything like that. And its online as well huh? Sounds cool.

It's not technically on-line.

What it'll do is download other people's creatures/cities/whatever and put them into your game to populate your planet, but, once they're in your game they are completely computer controlled. You don't interact with any other players.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blackjack wrote:
Pierrot_Le_Fou wrote:

It's not technically on-line.

What it'll do is download other people's creatures/cities/whatever and put them into your game to populate your planet, but, once they're in your game they are completely computer controlled. You don't interact with any other players.

That's a pretty unique take on it. I'm glad it's not an MMO though-- I often feel like those end up sucking away all your spare time to try to keep up. At least with this you can evolve at your own pace. The possibilities do seem endless-- we'll have to see how well this can be done. I guess if there's anyone who can pull off a game like this it's Will Wright.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everything I've seen so far about the game sets it up as an interesting, solid game. It has so many different facets of gameplay, that there's something in it for virtually everyone. At the same time, though, it seems like it has a simple, useable interface that won't make it too difficult for players to easily master the controls. A big beef I have with many modern and ambitious projects is that they overcomplicate things, and the game just ends up sucking (Master of Orion III, anyone?) It didn't happen with a couple titles, like Civilization IV...and that seems to be a selling point of Spore as well.

Even more interesting to me is how the game is all procedurally generated, so that the players won't have to pay $90 for it to cover development costs. You also won't have to wait years for expansion and patch material that will enhance the gameplay experience. It can be constantly changing, not only because of the procedural generation, but because of its ability to download content from other game players online and load it onto your game.

Will Wright also has a reputation that I've got a reasonable amount of faith in. I really hope that this game turns out great...it has the potential to be another SimCity, a revolution in computer gaming...at least insofar as the procedural generation goes. One of the very few games that I've been excited about for a very long time.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm very very excited about this game. I was hooked from the concept of starting as a single celled organism and being able to shape the development of life. I'm really looking forward to what happens once you discover space travel and the interplay between other players. I also want a tail with a hand on the end. Phatty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm so mad at you Timbo! I can't believe you beat me to posting this.

This game looks downright amazing. Any word on whether it will be released for a console as well as PC?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rumoured for both Xbox 360 and a handheld, though it's not known which one.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hawkthanatos wrote:
Rumoured for both Xbox 360 and a handheld, though it's not known which one.

A handheld? I hadn't heard that. I don't know if the DS or the PSP coul handle the capacity of the game, but it would be interesting to see.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A simple search on Yahoo or Google will lead you to the Demo Creature Generator for Spore. I downloaded it and have created a bunch of pretty weird looking creatures. The demo severely limits what you can do, but it still provides enough options to make literally hundreds of thousands of unique creatures of varying sizes and types. One you buy the game and have a full scale version of the creator I imagine the possibilities will be just about endless.

I'll post picks of my creations soon. I suggest you d/l it and play it for a bit, you'll get hooked. I just can't wait to play the real game now.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

A handheld? I hadn't heard that. I don't know if the DS or the PSP coul handle the capacity of the game, but it would be interesting to see.

Its for the DS. It only focuses on the creature phase though.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it's out, and i got to see and play it. And here's my response.

Not as much fun as i thought it would be, to be honest.

I suppose one thing, the graphics weren't that good, but that's probably because i didn't have the adequate driver. It was going pretty slowly on my computer, so that must say something about how old my laptop is, even though i bought it about 1.5 years ago. The atmosphere was surprisingly childish, like this game was made for 10 year olds, but that's not really a complaint as it is something i deemed worthy to note.

The different stages are pretty much 5 different games, but you end up at the final one, which as you know sends you to outer space. But when you get to the final stage it that brings up the question, what was the point of the other 4 stages of your evolution? I felt that the other stages, especially the first one, has been under, uh, developed, and should have had more influence on your overall gameplay when coming to the Space Age.

That's all i can think of for the moment. I might be back to talk about other stuff.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: