Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kirke/Lorelai
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Kirke/Lorelai Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i was reading some character info on kirke and came across that after suikoden 1 he gave his scythe to lorelai. was there some thing between the two. and if so what could they possibly have in common cause i see nothing. lorelai is big in hunting for sindarian treasure but kirke is just a a former exectuoner for lorimar.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's the story:

After the Gate Rune Wars, Kirke gave up being an executioner and became a farmer. He threw his weapon somewhere because it was too crappy to be used as a hoe. Lorelai, being the practical adventurer that she is, found it and thought it would be much better if she used a melee weapon rather than some stinking stupid bow and arrow. After she grabbed it from the ground, it morphed into a much more shinier weapon that resembled a halberd, and Lorelai was like "COOL!!!" so she carried it for three years until you found her at Gregminster during the Dunan Unification War. The end. :mrgreen:

But seriously, I don't think there's a documentation behind the story. The most logical explanation is that Lorelai was being practical regarding her choice of weapon. Obviously a scythe/halberd/whateverJudgmentissupposedtobe is a much better choice than her bow and arrow.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i never used her in 1 so i never knew what weapon she until, until i saw the pic of her with a bow. maybe the scythe that kirke gave her really did morph cause in 1 it's all big but in 2 it's much skinnier.

Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Lorelai is the only character in the Suikoden series that changed weapons from game to game. She went from the bow & arrow to the scytheberd, and now, she changed it up again to the whip.

Nothing big, but I find it interesting. Were there anyone else that went through weapon changes, too?

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

unless you want to count viktor, who went from his regular sword to the star dragon sword, then back to his regular sword, then back to star dragon sword, then back to his regular sword since he gave star dragon sword to edge. but other than that i believe lorelai is the only one to have 3 different weapons.

Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought of Kirke as a really cool character
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obel Soldier wrote:
I think Lorelai is the only character in the Suikoden series that changed weapons from game to game. She went from the bow & arrow to the scytheberd, and now, she changed it up again to the whip.

Nothing big, but I find it interesting. Were there anyone else that went through weapon changes, too?

Well, technically, she went from the whip to the bow to the scythe. Y'know, for the record. ;)

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha! True, true.

It does make sense in that order. And I'm not talking just about the timing, either. Maybe she got tired of the whole Indiana Jones cliche, and wanted to try something different. And after messing around with the bow and arrow, maybe she felt like she didn't do enough damage, and wanted something with a little more "oomph."

Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obel Soldier wrote:
It does make sense in that order. And I'm not talking just about the timing, either. Maybe she got tired of the whole Indiana Jones cliche, and wanted to try something different. And after messing around with the bow and arrow, maybe she felt like she didn't do enough damage, and wanted something with a little more "oomph."

...or maybe game designers can't decide what kind of weapon describes Lorelai best? But I think the whip is pretty good... Or maybe she will always have different weapons in every installment?

Personally, I prefer her with the bow and arrow. The bow is my favorite weapon and the more people with it, the better! :mrgreen:

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
...or maybe game designers can't decide what kind of weapon describes Lorelai best? But I think the whip is pretty good... Or maybe she will always have different weapons in every installment?

Personally, I prefer her with the bow and arrow. The bow is my favorite weapon and the more people with it, the better! :mrgreen:

It could be a combination of both. I like this trend of switching up her weapons every game. Unless they decide to do this for other characters, it makes her unique. In Suikoden II, Kirke gives up his scythe to Lorelai, so he can retire from his executioner position to be a farmer. I wonder what reason she has for using the whip this time around.

I like the bow myself; Bow-users have saved my hide in the past.

Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She could be working on being a weapon's master? Being able to fight with an array of weapons would make her more valuable as a warrior really.

Another character to change weapons was Futch. Spear/Halberd in Suikoden 1 and 2, and in Suikoden 3 he was using a broadsword, I assumed it was Humphrey's? That's all I can think of for weapon changes really? Luc I suppose, losing the rod for a ring I think? Type considered is other. He's still a mage though, so he's still mainly magic as offense which isn't a change.

-My DeviantArt-
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elzamine wrote:
She could be working on being a weapon's master? Being able to fight with an array of weapons would make her more valuable as a warrior really.

Another character to change weapons was Futch. Spear/Halberd in Suikoden 1 and 2, and in Suikoden 3 he was using a broadsword, I assumed it was Humphrey's? That's all I can think of for weapon changes really? Luc I suppose, losing the rod for a ring I think? Type considered is other. He's still a mage though, so he's still mainly magic as offense which isn't a change.

Ahh, that's true. It would be real cool if in a future Suikoden title, assuming Lorelei returns, if she has the ability to switch weapons. You wouldt want her to utilize her broad range of weapons, no? I sure would. That would be unique to the Suikoden gameplay. I'm not sure how it would work, though.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Futch. How could I forget? He was one of the mainstays in my Suikoden III party. I guess I'm getting old. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elzamine wrote:

Another character to change weapons was Futch. Spear/Halberd in Suikoden 1 and 2, and in Suikoden 3 he was using a broadsword, I assumed it was Humphrey's?

she would have to be a master of different weapons. she did defeat killey in falena after all, that's why he spent 3 years in jail. and yes it was humphrey's sword that futch used in 3.

mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well we can consider Tuta he went from stones and such to no weapons((peace keeping))

As well as JEane no weapon to a rod that kicks ass
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kirke was kinda funny in an odd way because he told ya straight up that all he knew how to do was cut off heads... so hello, Liberation Army, it's not like Kirke could get a job at burger king with that incredible array of skills he's got.

Maybe Lorelai wanted to try out that cutting off heads thing...

Oh well... the thing I always hoped for was that the Judgment weapon could cast the spell Judgment, but that'll never happen... ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: