Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Create-a-character!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shigure

Nemui Buntai

150887 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Create-a-character! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Basically, I was wondering what people would do if they could create their own Star of Destiny character! Since Suikoden II is my favourite, I thought I would set the template in roughly that design.

Basically, there's three kinds of characters, S(hort Range), M(edium Range), and L(ong Range).

There's the fighters, projectile-users, and magicians, but they fit into all kinds of ranges! Also, there's the question of how many Rune slots they'd get and what runes they'd use, and what kind of weapon (and name if of the weapon you are so inclined) they would use! Try to refrain from using True Runes. ><

On top of this, I was wondering how people would view themselves as a character in the Suikoden world.

For myself, I think I would be a Medium Range character, and I'd probably use a bokken (wooden sword). No fancy name for it, just a wooden sword that I can get plenty more of. Probably two rune slots, and I'd like to use a Lightning Rune, and a Sunbeam Rune. I'd wear what I usually wear too, which is just a zip-up black hoody, jeans, and some sneakers. ><

The character I would make (which is more appropriate than myself) would probably be an L, with the Waking Rune (Can't Remove), Hazy Rune, and Killer (or Double-beat if available!). I love Waking Rune because the character is just sleeping and being a lazy bugger. He'd use a blow-gun that shoots darts out, and he'd wear comfy-looking blue pajamas with little gold stars on them and a night-cap.

I'd call him Marhaus!

So... Any takers?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here's one i did over at harmonia-online.

Name: Buff
Star: Tenko

Race: Human
Origin: Unknown (Hidden Ninja Village)

Weapon: 1-
Levels 1-5: Name 1- Dull Blade

Levels 6-11: Name 2- Killer Blade

Levels 12-16: Name 3- Death Blade

Runes:
HD- Gale Rune
LH- Fury Rune
RH- Shrike Rune

Physical description: Tall, long black hair. Wears black pants and a ninja shirt that covers his mouth. Carriers one of the most powerful blades known to man,forged by one of the greatest sowrdsmen to live in the land of Gregminister. Eyes are red from the fury he puts in his fights. Carries a secret knife his waist and ankle.

Weapon: Strong sword made of the finest material.Has a posion tip that can slay any monster.

Unite attacks: Stronghold Ninja Attack.(can unite with any one that is powerful and quick.)

How to obtain: Ask for his help then he tests your strength.

Stats: (Grade of S,A+,A,B,C,D,E)
Strength-A+
Defense-A
Magic-C
Magic defense-B
Speed-S
Technique-A
Luck-B
Repel-B
Movement-A
HP-725 (max)

Rune affinities: (Grade of A-F, use I if can't equip)
Earth-I
Fire-C+
Lightning-B
Water-I
Wind-I

Castle quote: "Care to spar"
Final battle: "Finally a battle"
Party quotes: In-"You picked right".
Out-"Loser"

War quotes: Charge-"Feel the power of my BLADE!!!"
Wounded-"Ha just a scratch"
Death-"Curse you"

Comment box: 1. "Ha you have so many weaklings in this place"
2. "Finally i have met some one that is strong as me."

Detective inquiries: profile
Army position: Front Line.
Inquiry 1
Coming up as a kid Buff was the most skilled sword fighter in his village.
Inquiry 2
At the age of 17 Buff left his clan after beating his master saying he's gonna look for some one more powerful.
Inquiry 3
On the inside Buff just misses his home town.I heard him say he wants to go back but after a defeat he said he won't go back until he finds that one person again.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat

Last edited by Buff on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shigure

Nemui Buntai

150887 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, you even put the stats in. That's awesome. I think the Shrike rune is totally sweet as well.

What kind of sword is it? One handed or two?
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This sounds like fun. Let me see what I can conjure up:

I'd be a short range fighter. A fist fighter, but a strong magic user. Not like a Warrior/Mage fighter like Flik either; I'm talking crazy, Simeon-Like, Silent Lake casting, "9-5-3-2 at low levels" kind of magician. The only reason I chose fist fighter, 'cause if the enemy is down to a less than a hundred HP, I'd have enough strength to knock 'em out. Using a magic wand or a cane to finish off an enemy isn't exactly my kind of style, anyway.

On to runes... the right hand is going to have the Flowing Rune. I like casting Silent Lake on the strong mages, and having the other fighters, maybe myself as well, stroll on over and just smash 'em. I've been on the receiving end of their high level spells, and let me tell you, it feels real good to render them helpless, and just mop the floor with them. And on the other hand, I have a special rune embedded: The Boxer Rune. This special rune is great for slapping around bad guys with. Here are the four different levels:

1. Quick Jab - Does small damage. Chance of Stun 20%.
2. Butterfly - Evasion Up 200%. Cross Counter Skill +2 for two turns.
3. Pimp Slap - Does decent damage. Chance of Confusion 20%.

*** Confusion would be similar to what Jeane's Charm Rune does: It makes the bad guys attack their friends.

4. Iron Mike's Uppercut - Does heavy damage. Chance of KO 80%.

I'd wear light armor. No robes or heavy mail armor. Appearance wise, I'd be wearing typical Obel Soldier clothing.

...And the name of this character?

Obel Soldier.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Shigure

Nemui Buntai

150887 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm guessing KO's and Cross Counter skills are things from Tactics?

I haven't got around to playing it yet and I'm dying to. :cry:

Sounds awesome. Boxer Rune is pretty cool too.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate to rain on your parade guys but there's already a few topics dedicated to this sort of thing. It's not a big deal considering you're new and all, but I'd suggest scanning through the topics in the forums or using the search function to make sure that you're not creating a duplicate thread.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shigure

Nemui Buntai

150887 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
I hate to rain on your parade guys but there's already a few topics dedicated to this sort of thing. It's not a big deal considering you're new and all, but I'd suggest scanning through the topics in the forums or using the search function to make sure that you're not creating a duplicate thread.

I checked the whole Character forum first. I figured it would fit in Character Discussion. ><

Sorry. If there are other threads on this topic, they must be somewhere else. I'll go check right now.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shigure wrote:
Wow, you even put the stats in. That's awesome. I think the Shrike rune is totally sweet as well.

it's a one handed sword. kind of like a katana.

Shigure

Nemui Buntai

150887 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Shigure wrote:

it's a one handed sword. kind of like a katana.

That's cool.

I just checked in the Search list for Create, Creation, Character, and checked, but I haven't found any other threads like this at all.

Maybe I'm searching wrong?

Could you point me to another kind like this so I can tell it's a duplicate? @_@
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shigure wrote:

Nah, I'm more than certain that you've seen those skills before. Cross Counter is nothing but fancy way of countering. It's basically a special counter attack for hand-to-hand fighter that does extremely brutal damage. And I know you've seen instant hit kill moves. Tir's Soul Eater had one, and Lazlo's Rune of Punishment has one, too.

You've got me thinking though... maybe I should make the KO a little different. I was thinking maybe the KO should be similar to a Stun move, where the bad guy can wake up out of it, but if the only bad guy left was the one in KO status, it would count as a "death," and you win the fight.

You should give Suikoden Tactics a run. It's calling you.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they may of gotten pruned off the forum, for when they clean up all the old stuff.

Shigure

Nemui Buntai

150887 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obel Soldier wrote:
Shigure wrote:

Nah, I'm more than certain that you've seen those skills before. Cross Counter is nothing but fancy way of countering. It's basically a special counter attack for hand-to-hand fighter that does extremely brutal damage. And I know you've seen instant hit kill moves. Tir's Soul Eater had one, and Lazlo's Rune of Punishment has one, too.

You've got me thinking though... maybe I should make the KO a little different. I was thinking maybe the KO should be similar to a Stun move, where the bad guy can wake up out of it, but if the only bad guy left was the one in KO status, it would count as a "death," and you win the fight.

You should give Suikoden Tactics a run. It's calling you.

Ahh. Yeah, I was thinking KO was different from a kill. I'm definitely aching to get Tactics, I just have no money in pocket.

Quote:
they may of gotten pruned off the forum, for when they clean up all the old stuff

That sounds pretty probable to me. I hope it's the case. I was looking for a thread like this myself, and when I didn't see any, I figured I should make one. I love creation. ><
Random

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'll give this a go. I'll use your setup, Buff, to make it a bit more orderly. Let's see then...

Name: Maralynn Hartforge
Star: ...

Race: Human
Origin: Unknown (An island to the south of Falena)

Weapon: One-handed blade.
Levels 1-5: Whistle

Levels 6-11: Whistle+

Levels 12-16: Whistle++

Runes:
HD- N/A
LH- Empty
RH- Illumine Rune

Special Rune: The Illumine Rune is very rare and apparently found only on the island she was born. It allows a special attack in battle that blinds the enemy and does twice the damage. This attack, Bright Whistle, has a 40% chance of blinding herself as well.

Physical description: Maralynn has short, red hair, cropped to her shoulders. She carries herself with a grace and dignity beyond her years. Her clothes seem to be a mix of Falenan and Toran castoffs. She also wears a small badge with the coat of her house (a silver sword in a red flame, with a blue background) and the words: "In the flame forged."

Past: She is the daughter of a Whisper Master Swordsmith and one of the few female Knights of the Northern Border Protectors. She travelled to Falena with her father when she was seventeen to buy some silver. Their ship sank in a storm on the return voyage and she found herself washed up on a beach in the Northlands (as the island folk call any land to the north of Falena). Whilst searching for her father, she heard rumour of a man found on a western beach who was taken to the famous doctor, Luikan. Since then she has been searching Toran for her father.

Weapon: One of the rare Whisper Swords forged by her father, a Master Smith. Forged with the blood of the intended weilder and infused with a strange material found only on the island, it is said that it will not cause harm to the intended wielder of the sword.

Unite attacks: None

How to obtain: Help her recover her sword, Whistle, from some theives.

Stats: (Grade of S,A+,A,B,C,D,E)
Strength-B
Defense-C
Magic-D
Magic defense-D
Speed-B
Technique-S
Luck-A+
Repel-C
Movement-B

HP- 692(max)
Rune Magic: L1:6, L2:3, L3:2 (max)

Rune affinities: (Grade of A-F, use I if can't equip)
Earth-I
Fire-A
Lightning-D
Water-I
Wind-B

Castle quote:
IF Blacksmith have: "Your blacksmith is incompetent! S/He has no idea of the careful handling required for my Whistle!"

IF Blacksmith have not: "Whistle is used to a certain amount of care. You need a proper blacksmith here."

Final battle: "Come, Whistle, we have work to do."
Party quotes: In-"I've got Whistle. Let's go."
Out-"Whistle needs some maintenance."

War quotes: Charge-"Feel our wrath!"
Wounded-"You should see the other guy!"
Death-"F-Father..."

Comment box: 1. "I need a room that's not so damp. The moisture will ruin Whistle."
2. "Could you ask that detective to stop following me?"

Detective inquiries: PROFILE
Army position: Front Line.
Inquiry 1
Apparently she comes from some southern land and was a knight of some sort. I heard she's looking for her father, too.

Inquiry 2
One of the mercenaries said that her sword glowed when she whistled to it. There's something strange about that sword, I'm sure of it.

Inquiry 3
I asked her if the rumours about her 'feeding' her blood to her sword was true and she hung me over the balcony. She's got quite a temper.

Last edited by Random on Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shigure

Nemui Buntai

150887 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love that you guys went and did Stats and Rune affinities and even detective profiles. Die-hard fans. @_@

Your detective profile makes me laugh because I can just see Richmond being the poor sap that has to investigate.

Very nice.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes, there was a topic EXACTLY LIKE THIS ONE; it was closed due to people creating themselves as asininely strong characters with highly unrealistic stats, so keep that in mind when you make yours, or this will suffer the same fate.

random's profile is already pushing that boundary...

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: