Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 3/chapter 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Suikoden 3/chapter 4 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I noticed on my current playthrough that you can roam around to the duck clan, Alma Kinan, and Chisha Village during chapter 4. Other than being able to level up (just Geddoe and Hugo, my Chris is lvl.89), is there any secrets you can pick up. I was able to get Hortez VIII during chapter 4, but was, thus far, unable to get Landis. I know it is very rare to get him to join (that drove me nuts on my first playthrough, he's harder to get than Clive in S1), but is it even possible for him to join your party as early as chapter 4? It would make beating the Destroyers alot easier with a fourth party member.
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden 3/chapter 4 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
I noticed on my current playthrough that you can roam around to the duck clan, Alma Kinan, and Chisha Village during chapter 4. Other than being able to level up (just Geddoe and Hugo, my Chris is lvl.89), is there any secrets you can pick up. I was able to get Hortez VIII during chapter 4, but was, thus far, unable to get Landis. I know it is very rare to get him to join (that drove me nuts on my first playthrough, he's harder to get than Clive in S1), but is it even possible for him to join your party as early as chapter 4? It would make beating the Destroyers alot easier with a fourth party member.

You can recruit Hortez and Landis starting in Chapter 3.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

he's like the squirells in suikoden 2. just takes time and patients. i believe i usually get him during chris's chapter 3.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's what I advise for Landis
**Shadows**
1) Take with you your FC and 3 or so fairly good people
2) Go to Kaput forest
3) Just keep battling, after a few battles Landis should appear in the battle with you and he will have joined you after you win. I don't remember if he just goes to Budehuc automattically or not, I haven't played it in a while...

Keep in mind though, once into Chapter 5, you CAN NOT RECRUIT LANDIS ANYMORE!!! I made this mistake during my second playthrough and got severly annoyed at my PS2 and stopped playing Suikoden III for a time...

**End**

Hope that helped...

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harrekki wrote:

**Shadows**
3) Just keep battling, after a few battles Landis should appear in the battle with you and he will have joined you after you win. I don't remember if he just goes to Budehuc automattically or not, I haven't played it in a while...

**End**

once you get landis in the forest he will stay in your party until you take him out.

Leon Alucard

Childs of Elminister

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Landis appear at the forest's second screen coming from Duck Clan (can't remember were I saw it, guess it was suikosource). Just stay there, go to the bathroom, eat something...then when you come back open your menu and he should be there.

When I recruited Landis, I just stoped there and went to help in the kitchen, it took about ten minutes and when I come back and opened the menu and he was there, with wings, scythe and sarcastic smile :).

I confirmed this when I played the game for the second time to get the a diferent flame champion.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

actually Harekki, my first playthrough of the game I got Landis in chapter 5/6, can't remember which. I had tried earlier in the game and had given up, but I made sure to get him before the end of the game, so I could get whatever secret there was (at the time I didn't know about the extra scenarios)

Edit: he was actually one of the last characters I got and I already had the stone tablet at the time (I don't remember when you get that, its been a while.)
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You get the stone tablet (or more accurately get to see it) starting in chapter 4. And there are only 5 chapters, Thomas's 2 chapters, and the 108 Stars bonus POV; there is no chapter 6.

I personally get Landis during Hugo's third chapter since I have the extra spot in my group when I reach the forest.

EDIT: Forgot to answer the question at hand. At the start of Chapter 4 is the only time you can put members like Jimba, Lucia, and the 3 heros in the same group for most of the rest of the game. That stops when you go to Budehuc (I think). That's about as close to a "secret" as you're going to get there.

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My original post which got cut off by the bell said that I hadn't played it for a while, sorry if I caused any confusion...

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The way I got Landis in my party was to make sure that I had an extra slot available in my party. Again, if you are a patient person like me, and you like to fight, just keep fighting in Kuput Forest and you notice a guy with wings in your party that took your open slot. It usually takes a few random encounters with monsters, until he finally joins. Also, I'm not sure if the location matters, but he seems to pop up when you are at the fork in the road. I haven't played for a while, but that's what I remember.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leon Alucard wrote:
Landis appear at the forest's second screen coming from Duck Clan (can't remember were I saw it, guess it was suikosource). Just stay there, go to the bathroom, eat something...then when you come back open your menu and he should be there.

When I recruited Landis, I just stoped there and went to help in the kitchen, it took about ten minutes and when I come back and opened the menu and he was there, with wings, scythe and sarcastic smile :).

I confirmed this when I played the game for the second time to get the a diferent flame champion.

that's interesting. i always thought you had to fight in order to get him in your party. i will have to try this out when i get to that point.

TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

thanks for the tips, I wasn't able to get Landis before fighting the FireRuneIncar, but I got him immediately after word, before I did the first war battle. It didn't take long. Once I was in the right spot, immediately after my third battle, he was in my roster (I opened my menu to look at something)
P.S. I was thinking of the FC events as just one chapter and the wars as a chapter, then the destroyer parts as a chapter, it has been a while since my first playthrough. Also Sage there is the Koroku POV!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Leon Alucard

Childs of Elminister

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thinked the same thing too, as everyone said that you would see him only in the battle screen. But I saw other people say and realized that it wasn't a glich in my CD. He appers in your party even without the battle, it's just a matter of stay in the righ place.

I like Landis and all other winged guys. I would like to be able to recruit him soon as I reach Kuput Forest. Then he would be in my party into the flame champion cave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: