Suikoden United and Infamous Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Geddoe in S3 *some minor S3 spoilers*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Geddoe in S3 *some minor S3 spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just recently (yesterday, actually) played chapter 4 in where you pick Geddoe to be the Flame Champion, and I really enjoyed the extra information you get about how Geddoe feels about his old friend, the FC. In just a few short lines, it adds incredible depth to his character. I implore any Geddoe-nay-sayers, to play this ending.

(spoilers if you haven't played this ending or beat the game)

I also noticed the great struggle between True Fire and True Lightning as TL was forced from Geddoes body. This brings up two points to me. First, if the pain of the struggle and seperation waw so great at that moment, why wasn't it as great when Luc and Sarah removed the True Runes from our three heroes later in the game. And secondly, why did it take two runes for Luc to remove a True Rune from a body forcefully, but the True Fire Rune pushed out the True Lightning Rune by its self. One conclusion I came up with is that the True Rune, in being rejected by its former bearer, didn't struggle as much, and thus chose to leave Geddoes body for Hugos. This brings about an interesting concept, in that, True Runes not only think, but feel as well.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the main reason why geddoe's true lightning rune left his body if you choose him as your flame champ is because a true rune bearer cannot hold more than one true rune. don't know why but it's just against the laws apprently. i don't think it took luc 2 true runes, it was more on the spell that he had to casts to extract the rune and seal it in the floating seal thingy *forgot the name of it*. can the true runes think ya i would say that they can due to seeing the rune some times act on it's own. like in 1 were the soul eater takes the lives even thought tir never commanded it to. the rune of punishment for always looking for a new bearer after it devoures it's current host. true water rune for unleashing it's power in that one stage in 3.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if I were a True Rune, and wanted to inhabit Geddoe's body, I would put my whole effort behind the struggle against the True Rune already inhabiting Geddoe. However, if I were simply being used as a tool by Luc, I would certainly not be as enthusiastic to drive Runes out of his opponents' bodies.

Perhaps this means that a True Rune that is bonded with its bearer is more potent than one that is controlled by force? Maybe Harmonia's hubris at trying to control the uncontrollable (that is, control the True Runes) wiill come back to haunt her...
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus the Noble wrote:

Perhaps this means that a True Rune that is bonded with its bearer is more potent than one that is controlled by force?

that is very true. since geddoe has had his true lightning rune since the first fire bringer war he felt more pain when it got extracted from his body. the same can go for ted of when he got the soul eater back from the ghost ship captain *don't know the name* in s4.

Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno. I just thought that Geddoe was willing to give up his True Lightning Rune, so that's why it left so easily. Geddoe wanted the True Fire Rune. When we're talking about Luc, Geddoe didn't want to lose his old rune. That would be the difference right there. At least that is my interperatation, which, if it is wrong, still makes logical sense.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps it is because Geddoe's True Lightning rune was hidden inside his body as opposed to the normal left or right hand?

Luc's extraction technique was painful. Luc says that "the procedure is quite painful". I think it is a matter of interpretation when you say it wasn't as painful. Maybe it was but just did not appear to be?

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
omikirtzz

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Any 1 has a beast rune symble Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*edited for 1) going WAY off topic 2) spamming 3) the member not reading and following rules.

do a search; honestly, it's not that hard, sII has been out long enough for this info to be present SOMEWHERE, just look for it, rather than clog up a topic with nonsense.*
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Any 1 has a beast rune symble Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

omikirtzz wrote:
yea i need the picture of the beast rune. the 1 on the floor in the castle of highland, please send the picture to my email omikirtzz2@yahoo.com or a link. cause im gonna tatoo it on my back hahaha. its very rare the beast rune its like has a 3 head wolf in one sign

now that's what i call spam posting.

i don't think geddoe's true lightning rune was hidden in his body. in one of his chapters him and joker are in the tavern during the night and he shows his rune to joker. he just kept the glove over his head so no one could see it.

Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Camus the Noble wrote:

Perhaps this means that a True Rune that is bonded with its bearer is more potent than one that is controlled by force?

that is very true. since geddoe has had his true lightning rune since the first fire bringer war he felt more pain when it got extracted from his body. the same can go for ted of when he got the soul eater back from the ghost ship captain *don't know the name* in s4.

Actually, that's not what I meant at all. I was suggesting that it took two forcibly controlled True Runes to forcibly remove the True Runes from the Trinity heroes because they were bonded with their Runes. On the other hand, Geddoe no longer wanted his True Lightning Rune, so the True Fire Rune was able to push it out on its own.

And, as Neclord said, much ado was made about the painfulness of Luc's technique of True Rune removal. Having not seen the struggle between the True Fire and True Lightning Runes when Geddoe becomes Flame Champion, I don't know which was more painful. However, Luc's method was indeed extremely torturous.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i believe it was more painful for him when the true fire rune pushed the true lightning rune out. but you brought up a good point. did luc actually need 2 true runes to extract the the true runes out of the 3? if so then he did he aquire the true earth rune from sassari since luc only had one true rune.

mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe it was only painful for Geddoe and everyone else because the True Fire Rune forced it's way to become the true rune. Where as when Luc stole them all Geddoe didn't seem to be very tired just kneeled on the floor. While if i recale correctly everyone else collapses for some time. So it is quite possible that Geddoe became use to this. As well as this may have happened once before
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i don't recall in the game but did chris or hugo seem to suffer any pain when they gained their true rune. like how when ted got his true rune back he passed out.

TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

can the true runes think ya i would say that they can due to seeing the rune some times act on it's own. like in 1 were the soul eater takes the lives even thought tir never commanded it to. the rune of punishment for always looking for a new bearer after it devoures it's current host. true water rune for unleashing it's power in that one stage in 3.

I didn't mean is a True Rune able to think and decide what to do, but do they actually "feel", are there decisions swayed by an emotional aspect?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: