Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Know of any new and fun PS2 games? Post them here!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hyuga

Wanderer

2519 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Know of any new and fun PS2 games? Post them here! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So after beating Suikoden games over and over again, I feel all Suiko'd out. I eventually became tired of the repetition and I thought it is now time to put Suikoden back to the shelves and venture into the games I have never touched before.

So, I decided to take a break from Suikoden and play other games instead. I think it's a good source of entertainment while I am taking a break from Suikoden. I also think it would be a good breeze of fresh air for my gaming experience.

The problem is, I have trouble picking out games to play! Too many months of playing only Suikoden made me miss out on all the good games that were released during that time.

So here I am, asking for your recommendations of what other games to play. Any games you find fun, please them here. I'm all in for any genre: be it an RPG game, a fighting game, a puzzle, or any type of game at all!

Thank you and a pleasant day to all of you.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragon Quest 8 - Journey of the Cursed King is a top notch RPG which is a refreshing cross between a turn based RPG and Zelda - Ocarina of Time.

It's one of the few RPGs lately that I actually felt I was starting some grand and mystical adventure. It has beautiful graphics, the world is huge and you can explore pretty much all of it. The battle system is clean, simple and intuitive. I highly recommend it.

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It really depends on how you define "fun," but have you played Final Fantasy X and X-2 already?

You might also want to try out the Grand Theft Auto series. The newest is Liberty Stories.

Also, try Warship Gunner 2. It's not as popular as the others, but I still find it interesting.

And recently, Xenosaga Episode III. I haven't played it yet, but I've been hearing some spoiler free reviews from one of my friends in Tinto.

You have a lot of choice, really.

Wanderer

2519 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By the word "fun," I mean what games you people think are fun. Any game you find fun at all.

Oh, by the way, I've already played Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2. The former, I find crappy for a Final Fantasy game and the latter, I find it crappier. I have hated Final Fantasy games ever since X-2 came out. I really think it sucks beyond comparison.

But I'm still willing to buy Final Fantasy XII though. I wanna know what drives Final Fantasy fanboys drooling over an over-milked series. *goes away while cursing on FF games*
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uwangski wrote:
It really depends on how you define "fun," but have you played Final Fantasy X and X-2 already?

You might also want to try out the Grand Theft Auto series. The newest is Liberty Stories.

Liberty City Stories is crap, stay away from it. The other GTAs are okay, though.

Fun? I'd say Ramapge: Total Destruction - Come on! It's a fun multiplayer game that involves you beating the crap outa the world's most popular cities. :D

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

arch_wooohh wrote:
Liberty City Stories is crap, stay away from it. The other GTAs are okay, though.

That's what happens when you release games on PSP before PS2.

It's not really that crap. It'll still keep you busy until you realize it's not that good. :P

Hyuga wrote:
Oh, by the way, I've already played Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2. The former, I find crappy for a Final Fantasy game and the latter, I find it crappier. I have hated Final Fantasy games ever since X-2 came out. I really think it sucks beyond comparison.

Yet I still see people in here playing them. :mrgreen:

Come on! It's not really THAT bad.

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

radiata Stories is fun. any fianl fantasy. :P whatever

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You should try the Shin Megami Tensei games, Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga I or II...

But of course, I won't limit this to RPG's since you did say any games, so what about Shadow of the Colossus?

Okami is also coming up it would be wise to look out for this game, though it will probably get overlooked in the charts...

Erm, since I don't know the exact period you were "Suiko'd out" I can recommend some other older games like God of War if you're in that sort of thing, Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit if in Europe) if you like adventure games (though apparently it has divided adventure fans)...

And Killer 7 if you are looking at a more unique gameplay experience, but despite what everybody in this thread says, don't just take our words for what is considered fun, because things are different for different people, so have a look by your self on the game and make a decision...
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup, Radiata Stories, same with Takemura, plus
-Star Ocean 3
-Kingdom Hearts series
-NBA 2004 and so on
-Winning Eleven
-Tekken series
-Final Fantasy as people said, although i'm not really into it...
-Atelier Iris 1 and 2, those are cool 8-)
-Metal Slug, short bun fun :)
-etc... there are many fun games dude, just mention it and buy it :P
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

- Kingdom Hearts
- Prince of Persia. gees!
- Castlevania
- Dragon Quest 8
- try playing your old ps1 games, they're still good games you know.
- Singstar: Karaoke fans only, and oh i am.
- puzzle games. i got space invaders, how can that NOT be fun!
- Shadow hearts Covenant/II. It's fun. an rpg-er might find it annoying, but i like being involved in the attacking phase, i mean, i'm there anyway right?
- Fatal frame/Project Zero. gees... it can creep me out, but annoying controls to get used to. haven't finished playing it, but you know, a game that scares the crap out of you, worth a go.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flamo wrote:
-Winning Eleven

Hyuga comes from a country where football is almost non-existent, so I doubt he'll play it. If he would, however, I'd recommend FIFA 2006 or Pro Evolution Soccer instead.

I'm not saying Winning Eleven is crap though.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uwangski wrote:
Flamo wrote:
-Winning Eleven

Hyuga comes from a country where football is almost non-existent, so I doubt he'll play it. If he would, however, I'd recommend FIFA 2006 or Pro Evolution Soccer instead.

I'm not saying Winning Eleven is crap though.

No, why not just wait for FIFA 2007 to come out here, yeah? Much much more reasonable. :D

And, if Hyuga is a musician, two words: Guitar Hero.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Hyuga

Wanderer

2519 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, but uwangski, I play soccer. In fact, I was a varsity player for my school until I quit just recently because I had no time for practice sessions. I actually play football/soccer games aside from basketball games which are very popular in the Philippines. Actually, I am a huge sports fan.

And arch_wooohh, I've been planning that as well. I'll wait 'till FIFA 07 comes out. After all, we Pinoys usually get our PS2 games earlier than most countries, right?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm no musician. I really hate Music lessons at school and I loathe the fact that I have to study things which I find useless in the future (at least for me).

And thanks for the replies, people. Keep 'em coming!
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

K, this game is totally WEIRD but it's got to be one of the funnest games (well, two games actually) I have ever played in my life. Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari are crazy, immensely unique and just a load of fun. Check them out if you get the chance!

As for RPGs thaqt haven't yet been mentioned, the .hack// series is REALLY good, and the Arc the Lad games are also fun. I personally really liked both Phantom Brave and Disgaea (the second of which just came out--w00t!~) Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross are must-haves. Legend of Legaia 1 and 2 are decent and fun (AWESOME battle system in number 2. Really innovative!) and Legend of Dragoon is also certainly worth the play-through.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been having a complete blast playing Steambot Chronicles, it satisfies the retentive collector within me for a short time. The controls get some getting used to but if something as that ruins your enjoyment of a game....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: