Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Xenosaga Episode III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragonstar13, well seeing as i live in Ireland i will be waiting a bit longer for the game to arrive! ;)

EDIT: Well what do you know......i ordered Xenosaga Episode III from GameStop on Wednesday and noted 3 to 5 Business Days for shipping after the order was processed......it arrived today!!!! Something to do for the Weekend!
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@Goldmember - Hope you enjoy the game! I know I am so far, though I have only about 4-6 hours or so in at this point.

I haven't really done a whole lot besides watching cut-scenes, which is ok, but I personally would have liked it to be a little more balanced. The game really kinda eases you pretty slowly into actually doing much besides figuring out what's happening, but I guess it balances against the possibility of totally not knowing what the heck is going on. Sometimes, I'm having a hard time remembering what all happened in pase episodes...heh.

As for the voices, I haven't been really all that bothered by them so far. There are a few timing issues, especially when it's obvious that the VA has some weird pause when it was obviously because of timing with the subtitles, but they're not nearly so bad so far as others I've heard. Some of the delivery, as far as emotion goes, seems a tad bit off, but again, it's not the worse I've heard.

System-wise, I'm still not sure I like the new "break states". It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure the player really needs to get punished potentially even more for characters taking damage. Granted, the same holds true for the opponents, but I'm not sure it was really all that necessary. That's just my initial impression though, and I may well find nuances later on in the game that make it all worthwhile.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So this game is good? How does it compare to Xenosaga 1, presentation wise? Most importantly, does the story kind of make sense?

I played Xenosaga many years ago when it first came out and wasn't that enthralled with it. I eventually got Xenosaga II used for like $20, and it's STILL sitting in my little CD-cart. It's never seen the inside of my Playstation. I can't say that I'm that satisfied with the series, but for $20 in the used bin it might be worth a spin.

Even if there are connections to Xenogears, I think the connection for me would remain purely nostalgic. I have very good memories of Xenogears, its fandom, and my involvement with it, and it still tugs on the heartstrings a little bit to remember the game and its fandom.
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, I thought the second game was more cohesive than the first one, though there are probably many who would disagree with me. I think the second game got a pretty bad rep, some of it deserved, but I think it's a better game than a lot of folks gave it credit for.

This game is good so far, IMO. I'm splitting time between Disgaea 2 and this one, and I'm finding myself more drawn toward the story for this game, but your mileage may vary. It's obivously not good enough yet for me to concentrate on it to the detriment of playing other games, but it's enough to keep me coming back so far.

Anyway, presentation-wise it's pretty similiar to the first game sometimes, though I don't think the cut-scenes are quite as lengthy. Or maybe they're just paced better. I don't find myself rolling my eyes and going for another drink every time another cut scene starts up, though the beginning so far is a LOT of cut scenes and not so much actually doing anything. I'm guessing this changes a little the farther I go in.

From what I've seen so far, the game makes more sense, partially I think because there is an actual sense that they were trying to wrap things up. From everything I've read (that were non-spoilers), this episode actually DOES wrap stuff up pretty well, which is kinda welcome in some ways.

Connections to Xenogears is about as much from what I've seen so far as past ones. References are still similiar, but nothing major aside from the continuing appearance of two little kids who are very familiar...heh. I still also kind of look at the connections as nostalgia as well, since their actual concrete connections would be a stretch at this point for me, despite whatever the developers originally said and planned.

Take all this with a grain of salt though. Like I said, I'm only coming from a few hours of gaming. ^_^ I'll almost definitely babble more about it after this weekend when I have more time to put in.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm almost done. I'm completely getting my ass kicked, but at least the final boss music is awesome. So far, with the exception of a couple of bosses, I've really enjoyed everything. I just wish it were a little longer (a couple of relationships I wish they'd gotten more into detail about), but it really seems like they just wanted to get it over with. Still, I think they did a good job, redoing the music, redoing both hand-to-hand combat and E.S. battles, the skills system, the character designs, tying up loose ends while leaving some things open. And I love being able to replay cutscenes/text cutscenes!

However, I still weep openly about not having Ziggy's mankini.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i have to start all over again seeing as i lost all my PS2 saves last night!

I do not mind starting again seeing as i was not too far in, only a few hours, so i can skip the cutscenes and get back to where i was fairly quickly.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
So this game is good? How does it compare to Xenosaga 1, presentation wise? Most importantly, does the story kind of make sense?

For anyone who somehow kept up with everything that happened in I(I couldn't, I was completely confused playing it about 1/2 the way through) III and I seems very closely related, but there seems to be alot of stuff that happened between II & III that's not in the game. there are lot and lots of reading material in the database though, recapping everything in 3 sections each for I, II and even a between II & III recap section. I don't know if this counts as presentation but the pace it plays feels alot like I, where there are some long sections of the game that's only for running around event triggering while others are long dungeons for fighting. I didn't really like that either, I liked it better in II where everything seems shorter and more to the point.

About the story line, I just got to the point where shion and allen went in to the city in the past. Can someone explain to me how she doesn't recognize or remember kevin's presences when they basically spent quite a bit of time together in the past? I guess how he might remember her after they met in vector but just didn't mention it could be a plot twist later or something, but I don't see how she can not know who he was or remember him at all?
I was hoping allen would sucker punch kevin since he was much smaller but it was funny when he was later decked in the face, poor poor allen. Some other quick observations: shion is mean and kind of a beeach to everyone that she think she's better than, momo seems very useless in comparison to the past 2 games, and whoever did the voice for helmer is obviously a white guy trying to talk like he's black(I could of done a better job than him too)

Quote:
I'm almost done. I'm completely getting my ass kicked, but at least the final boss music is awesome.

I hope that's because you have been spending alot of time playing it, I thought it was at least a 35-50 hours game... I am 12 hours in I think at chapter 6, I have been talking to everyone and trying to get all the items I can see so I'm sure I got to be on the 50+ hours track. But then again, haven't even had time to play digaea yet and more sports games are coming out the next few weeks so I guess finishing faster won't be too bad since otherwise I may not finish at all.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I beated the game already, and I'll try to help for the insight on it as much as possible.

Arcana wrote:

This is a bit hard to tell, since my view of things making sense may differ from yours. From what I've seen through my first play through, the story connects most of parts together. Some things you're left to figure out yourself. The story presentation is fairly clear, but presented in a long way. There are less FMVs, and more texts with avatars. Not the media I would like to see, I prefer 2-d avatars instead like Suikoden and Xenogears, but meh.
To be honest, I think this game has the best developing characters I've seen. Shion maybe the most developed and realistic character I've played. She still annoys the hell out of me, but I do see her acting in realistic manners.
There are new characters introduced, and the story of other characters are revealed. Ziggy gets his story told, even though it does leave out details. So the game does tie up the loose ends for most of the characters.

Spoilers:
Quote:
About the story line, I just got to the point where shion and allen went in to the city in the past. Can someone explain to me how she doesn't recognize or remember kevin's presences when they basically spent quite a bit of time together in the past?

My guess is she was oblivious to it. It's funny though since the other man, T-elos' creator, looked familar to her, but the boy doesn't. I suppose it's because she didn't really think Kevin was in U-tic. So seeing him in Miltia didn't really cross her mind. At least this is my guess.

I rather not spoil you any further since you are still play, but the thing about Shion, is she's a developing and realistic character. Similar to Snowe in Suikoden 4. In order to make her developed, she needs to mean and selfish. At least that's what I think. If you're like me, you may like a certain part though.

Quote:
I have been talking to everyone and trying to get all the items I can see so I'm sure I got to be on the 50+ hours track.

I pretty much rushed through everything inorder to see the ending before I had to start going to class. So I didn't bother with any side-quests, or explore the game like I usually do.

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After finished playing the game, I think I can give my views on this now.

The gameplay is typically your turn based RPG with a little twist. I'm not saying this is bad though. But everytime I fight a normal battle I need to take around 5 minutes or more than that to win it. Seriously, when I play any Tales of series games, I only need only around 1-2 minutes to win. In Final Fantasy games you can do around 9999 damage so FF games before 12 is pretty easy. Therefore, I need to say that this game provide the hardest normal battles in whatever RPG I have played. As for the boss battles, besides the final boss, is not really that hard. It just takes a lot of time.

However, I have to admit that this game really provides the best dungeon among the three Xenosaga games. This is the only Xenosaga game that provides me some nice puzzzles to solve.

The story seems to conclude pretty well, but I think the story was rather rushed just to conclude the story. I was somehow turned off by the religious symbolism that is presented in the game, though. It somehow resembles quite a bit of Da Vinci Code. I never read the book, but there is a lot of hype going on the Mary Magdalene thing. In comparison to Xenogears, I somehow think the symbolism presented in Xenogears made more sense.

A lot of people say Xenosaga is a prequel to Xenogears, but I don't agree with that. The Abel in Xenosaga is by no means similar to that Abel in Xenogears. And the conclusion in Xenosaga III proves just that. There is no Elridge, no Deus, just some cameo appearances that is similar to some Xenogears things.

Quote:
Shion maybe the most developed and realistic character I've played.

I don't agree with that. Jr. is the most developed character in Xenosaga compared to Shion. And she is by far the worst protagonist I've ever played with. I have never played a game that will allow you to [spoiler] fight your main character[/spoiler].

As for Mr. Dragonstar's comment about Shion being similar to Snowe, I don't think the comparison will work. Given the fact that Shion is already an adult, she needs to have some analytical behaviour regarding her own issues. [spoiler] She said that no one is going to save her, but seriously I felt that it was her allowed herself not to be saved, and I think that no one could save her other than herself. Poor Jin, he deserved better.[/spoiler]
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
For anyone who somehow kept up with everything that happened in I(I couldn't, I was completely confused playing it about 1/2 the way through) III and I seems very closely related, but there seems to be alot of stuff that happened between II & III that's not in the game. there are lot and lots of reading material in the database though, recapping everything in 3 sections each for I, II and even a between II & III recap section.

There was a flash movie series that covered the events between II & III... it was called "A Missing Year," but I've never found a translation for it, just a list of vague details.

jjrrs wrote:
whoever did the voice for helmer is obviously a white guy trying to talk like he's black(I could have done a better job than him too)

lol, really? I always thought it was a black guy trying to talk white.

jjrrs wrote:
Quote:
I'm almost done. I'm completely getting my ass kicked, but at least the final boss music is awesome.

I hope that's because you have been spending alot of time playing it, I thought it was at least a 35-50 hours game... I am 12 hours in I think at chapter 6, I have been talking to everyone and trying to get all the items I can see so I'm sure I got to be on the 50+ hours track. But then again, haven't even had time to play digaea yet and more sports games are coming out the next few weeks so I guess finishing faster won't be too bad since otherwise I may not finish at all.

Well, what I meant by getting my ass kicked was that the final boss was tough. Then again, had I employed the use of a walkthrough, I would've picked up a few special tools along the way that would've made that fight, among others, a lot easier. (One person actually youtube'd themselves killing the final boss in one hit... it makes me laugh, to be honest)

But I beat the final boss. It was all good.

Son of Liberty wrote:
A lot of people say Xenosaga is a prequel to Xenogears, but I don't agree with that. The Abel in Xenosaga is by no means similar to that Abel in Xenogears. And the conclusion in Xenosaga III proves just that. There is no Elridge, no Deus, just some cameo appearances that is similar to some Xenogears things.

Somebody at the Xenolegacy.com forums had an interesting theory about how Xenosaga links with Xenogears. I'd link to it but the forum requires registration, and I'd quote it but the forum server's been crashing these last couple of days. Convenient, I know. But if you go to Xenolegacy.com when the forums are on a good day, check out the Xenosaga Episode III spoiler forum, and look up the Xenogears thread by a user named Zeolahn. Register first, of course.

I'm probably biased, but I'm for the theory.

Son of Liberty wrote:
I have never played a game that will allow you to [spoiler] fight your main character[/spoiler].

Sure you have! You've played Xenogears, right? He might have been only part of the main character, but still... And you also fight the main character's previous form...

Son of Liberty wrote:

As for Mr. Dragonstar's comment about Shion being similar to Snowe, I don't think the comparison will work. Given the fact that Shion is already an adult, she needs to have some analytical behaviour regarding her own issues. [spoiler] She said that no one is going to save her, but seriously I felt that it was her allowed herself not to be saved, and I think that no one could save her other than herself. Poor Jin, he deserved better.[/spoiler]

Just to let you know... Snowe is 19 in Suikoden IV. An absolute spoiled brat, but a full-grown adult.

Shion definitely has some issues. She experienced loads of trauma in her childhood, and then lost the one man she felt she could actually depend on. On top of that, she has to deal with the fact that she's responsible for... well, you-know-what in old Miltia. In the meantime, the ones who wanted to reach out to her either didn't (Allen, Jin), or else couldn't reach her in the manner she wanted to be reached, the way Kevin reached her. I think you're right in that she didn't allow herself to be saved, she didn't allow herself to open up to others and to not be alone. I'm just glad they all knocked a little sense into her. But, uh... I guess for reasons different from yours :P
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
[quote="Son of Liberty"]I don't agree with that. Jr. is the most developed character in Xenosaga compared to Shion. And she is by far the worst protagonist I've ever played with. I have never played a game that will allow you to [spoiler] fight your main character[/spoiler].

Fair enough, but why do see Jr. with better developement? I never really liked Shion either, in fact I hated her, but I still feel she was developed better then the other characters.

Quote:
As for Mr. Dragonstar's comment about Shion being similar to Snowe, I don't think the comparison will work.

What I meant was both of them go through character development. Snowe was the only character I recongize as a developing character, and acts in a poor manner.
The problem with Shion is she never really opened up to anyone, other then maybe KOS-MOS. Whenever she was in pain, and someone asked if she was in pain, she'd ALWAYS say "No I'm fine." Which is a typical reaction from most people. Even if they are in a lot of pain, they refuse to let others know it. So she doesn't tell people how hard it was for her to loose so many people, and there was no way for them to be able to comfort her. Also, there were some people, like Jin who knew of their past but never really told her. So it's really hard for her to accept what happens. Despite having people around her, Shion wanted to be with someone who understood her, who knew her pain. So...

*Spoilers*
Running back to Kevin was predictable. It's a typical behaviour for a woman who really does like a guy. There are plenty of women who get treated poorly from their partner, but they still run to them. So I see Shion doing the same at first. Then during Allen's speech, she realized how wrong she was, and at this point she FINALLY grows up. She realized what a brat she's been, and her friends have been trying to protect her. Sure she'll die, but at least she won't be a tool for Kevin of Wilhelm. That's why see can finally accept Allen's feelings, and stand by her friends.
Yes, she's very annoying to play with, but I think if she didn't behave in such rude ways, then there would be a lot less development in her character. When she meet with Kevin in the end, she pretty much reach the bottom, and was being a complete idiot, then she gets past this and fights with her friends. Despite knowing she will die if she does. That's just the way I see things. I suppose this isn't development to you.
I still don't really care for Shion, and hope for whatever next Xenogame there is, she won't be in it, I rather see a new one.

*end spoilers*

El Regrs wrote:
Sure you have! You've played Xenogears, right? He might have been only part of the main character, but still... And you also fight the main character's previous form...

That's a bit hard, that was him, but...

*spoilers for Xenogears*
Another personality, so I don't know if that counts lol. Shion however was aware of what she was doing, and still went for it since she wanted to protect Kevin. Id was just fighting them since they were trying to get the old Fei back.
*end spoilers*

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just finished the first disc, I'm pretty surprised it took me under 20 hours since I did pretty much speak to every NPC and did try to get all the items visible(what the hell did that colored water fountain thing do anyways?), I guess there wasn't much backtracking and I missed quite a bit of the side quests by getting items and go back to a NPC.

I find some of the key events were handled kind of weird such as:
in kos-mos vs. t-los first battle no one help her and no one ran away...? do something, anything. just plenty of questionable voice acting while she was getting blasted.

what did the absent of kos-mos for that period of time after she lost to t-los really accomplish? all we learned was that kos-mos was developed before everyone thought, which makes no sense to what kevin the testament said, how kos-mos was created to save shion? since in the past when he designed kos-mos, he didn't give a ratsass about shion. and a big deal was made about kos-mos being completely destroyed but there were hardly any effort or time put in to fix her, yet all of a sudden she was revived from scrap and better than ever?

when the group was trying to escape from the church after the realians gone nuts, lets let shion be the only person to carry a big man while everyone else runs away and no one helps her...

I assume how shion was able to summon the gnosis will be explained later, I'll buy that somehow the group got transferred to a subconscious past by who knows what, and I'll even believe it was a planet/reality that appears and disappears in an instant with no one knowing why or how. But how exactly did the able's ark thing got triggered from the events in a created subconsciousness? if powers can be unleashed from a created world, why don't someone just recreate virtual reality pasts and manipulate key events in those worlds to unleash massive amount of power at any time?

and everything kevin said at the end of disc one was either not translated well or poorly written, in every sentence he would say "shion" at least once or twice. Not to mention the voice actor sounded like a robot reading something written by a six year old.

Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spoilers:
Quote:
I find some of the key events were handled kind of weird such as:

in kos-mos vs. t-los first battle no one help her and no one ran away...? do something, anything. just plenty of questionable voice acting while she was getting blasted.
I agree. I was yelling in my head at how stupid they were for watching, and not doing anything. KOS-MOS is sacrificing herself to buy them time, why aren't they taking her offer?

what did the absent of kos-mos for that period of time after she lost to t-los really accomplish? all we learned was that kos-mos was developed before everyone thought, which makes no sense to what kevin the testament said, how kos-mos was created to save shion? since in the past when he designed kos-mos, he didn't give a ratsass about shion. and a big deal was made about kos-mos being completely destroyed but there were hardly any effort or time put in to fix her, yet all of a sudden she was revived from scrap and better than ever?
This actually is explained. Shion was the first one to show Kevin some happiness, even when she was a little kid. However, KOS-MOS protecting Shion has nothing to with Kevin's programing. The reason why KOS-MOS protects Shion is because of Mary's will. In the past life, Shion was Mary's close friend, and possibly helped her when she lost Yeshua. Considering if they were close friends, then it'd be natural for KOS-MOS(the new Mary) to protect her friend. So even if Shion wasn't part of Vector, or knew Kevin, it's possible KOS-MOS would react the same just by meeting her.
The time without KOS-MOS is really just to show her being upgraded in becoming stronger.

when the group was trying to escape from the church after the realians gone nuts, lets let shion be the only person to carry a big man while everyone else runs away and no one helps her...
I'm assuming Shion took it upon herself to protect him, and the others were back up. Although, it would of made more sense if Ziggy carried him again.

I assume how shion was able to summon the gnosis will be explained later, I'll buy that somehow the group got transferred to a subconscious past by who knows what, and I'll even believe it was a planet/reality that appears and disappears in an instant with no one knowing why or how. But how exactly did the able's ark thing got triggered from the events in a created subconsciousness? if powers can be unleashed from a created world, why don't someone just recreate virtual reality pasts and manipulate key events in those worlds to unleash massive amount of power at any time?
Shion was always known as the key and had special abilities. Her calling out the Gnosis could just be the same way Abel contacted the Zohar in Xenogears.
We're not exactly sure how this allusion can be conducted. This seems similar to the dive they experienced with KOS-MOS' mind and MOMO's. Perhaps they didn't know how to activate it, or wanted to wait for KOS-MOS to get destroyed so she won't get in the way.

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the response and not including spoilers, so...

"So even if Shion wasn't part of Vector, or knew Kevin, it's possible KOS-MOS would react the same just by meeting her.
The time without KOS-MOS is really just to show her being upgraded in becoming stronger."

so it had nothing to do with him and he basically took credit for something he might have done which would have been already erased anyways?

still, everyone knows kos-mos was going to be revived sooner or later, I'd think the story writers would have used this one opportunity to show how she actually matters to the other characters. With all the talks of how she would be scrap forever, nobody really seem too concerned, and it took what? at most 2 days in the game world before she is completely fixed and upgraded? Plus, it took a brand new staff of only 3 people to upgrade her dramatically in a day's time, so what the hell did all those vector employees do for years and years working on her? talk about a waste of time and money...

"We're not exactly sure how this allusion can be conducted. This seems similar to the dive they experienced with KOS-MOS' mind and MOMO's."

yeah I mean I can see something triggering from within a powerful mind. but to double the effect of an event in a "fake" past and unleash that power in the present? why not just generate 2 sets of "pasts" at the same time right next to each other and get the same result? there just don't seem to be a reasonable explanation for that...

by the way, did anyone else knowledgeable enough who was around back then: jin, jr., chaos, cannon, and whoever else was on that planet at the time, know shion called the gnosis? if so, all of them just kept it to themselves and never dropped a hint? if not, why weren't they surprised at all?

Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More spoilers:

"so it had nothing to do with him and he basically took credit for something he might have done which would have been already erased anyways? "
He gave her a body, and was only using KOS-MOS as a trail run. In the same sense as the archtype, they were in the process of testing it, but made a new version after the incident of the first going on a killing spree. T-elos was going to replace KOS-MOS so Shion wouldn't die for being close to her. Plus T-elos was, at that time, a better fighter.

"still, everyone knows kos-mos was going to be revived sooner or later, I'd think the story writers would have used this one opportunity to show how she actually matters to the other characters. With all the talks of how she would be scrap forever, nobody really seem too concerned, and it took what? at most 2 days in the game world before she is completely fixed and upgraded? Plus, it took a brand new staff of only 3 people to upgrade her dramatically in a day's time, so what the hell did all those vector employees do for years and years working on her? talk about a waste of time and money..."
We have to keep in mind this is Shion and the Proffessor who made Erde Kaiser. So basically we're going have to assume they had the knowledge and resources to do it. Although I do wonder where those rescourses come from.
I agree though, they could of taken the time to make Shion know the others care for her. They did make an attempt with Jin and KOS-MOS comforting her though. Allen just didn't have the courage at the time to say he loves her. The others I would assume thought Shion needed a moment alone.

"yeah I mean I can see something triggering from within a powerful mind. but to double the effect of an event in a "fake" past and unleash that power in the present? why not just generate 2 sets of "pasts" at the same time right next to each other and get the same result? there just don't seem to be a reasonable explanation for that... "
I'm a bit confused by what you're asking, but I'll try to answer anyway.
They needed the real Shion, to cry out at the Zohar, instead of just using 2 little Shions. It's not really known if ittle Shion's the power counted in the dream, and it was Shion's full cry that called Abel's Ark. Little Shion summoned the Gnosis, but adult Shion finished the job.

"by the way, did anyone else knowledgeable enough who was around back then: jin, jr., chaos, cannon, and whoever else was on that planet at the time, know shion called the gnosis? if so, all of them just kept it to themselves and never dropped a hint? if not, why weren't they surprised at all?"
chaos most likely. You see chaos and Nephilim talking about Shion, and revealing the truth about her past. I assume they're talking about the Militia conflict and the Gnosis summoning. Jin may have known if he had time to go to the hospital to save little Shion, but considering the time-frame, and he's most likely battling Margulis(sp?) and then knocked out. It's possible he had time though, and saw everything. Jr. I doubt knew about it, unless he can actually feel Shion's soul/will connecting with the Zohar. I think him and the others were just watching Shion becoming unbalanced, and didn't know what to say to her. Canaan I seriously doubt. Like Jr, unless he has the abilit to observe, he can't do it. IIRC, Canaan wasn't there during the replay of Shion's past. He was on the Durandal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: