Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Xenosaga Episode III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's pretty much official that Xenogears/Saga are NOT officially related, except for a few common themes, some character cameos, etc. However, after spoiling myself rotten and watching III's ending, I dare say they left it wide open for Xenogears-Saga connections. It will be a biggg stretch to relate the 2 games, but I think it's as far as they can legally go without Square suing them.

JUST ONE WEEK LEFT FOR THE RELEASE OF EP. III :)

124798 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xenosaga is out now in North America...
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll definitely play Xenosaga III at some point. I sure didn't labour my way through the first two games just to give up on the story now. I just hope it's not quite so antiseptic as the others. Sure, one expects that kind of thing from most science fiction. I'd just like to spend a little time in an interior enviroment which doesn't remind me of the Enterprise-D in the sense that you could probably eat off the floors and wall panels. After a few hours of that, my eyes demand something a little more natural.
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I waited a looong time before playing II, I've got III coming out to me via 2nd day. Not sure why I'm actually enthusiastic about this one. Might be because it hasn't gotten as much bad press, but I think a lot of it is because I still really like the concept as it was originally intended. Guess I'm a sucker for the ambition of it all...maybe it comes from my theatre background. ^_^
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alluminitti wrote:
Xenosaga is out now in North America...

Actually, it shipped on the 29th. It's out on the 30th, according to an automated call from EB Games (who STILL couldn't pronounce Xeno if their lives depended on it, yeesh).
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's out now, but I have to wait to play it. I really need to rush though if I want to play before my classes start.

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I surprisingly actually got my copy today via UPS. It was supposed to go via 2day, but it looks like it came in anyway. So yay. Though it does leave me with getting both Disgaea 2 and this today, so I think I'll split my time tonight to check them both out. ^_^
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

got the artbook myself, it's rather small and short but not bad, love the drawn character artworks included. I was told my area got screwed on the game shipment today and I couldn't even get my copy as the reserves didn't even come in for the store I preordered at, which is a good thing since I only preordered to get the artbook and is looking for a way to get out of paying for it, since I can rent it at blockbuster and "play" it(HDL, hey it's no suikoden so I'd rather save some money).

the game just got a 8.0 from gamespot, and is averaging about 75-85% on most reviews which is weird since everywhere is saying this is the best one of the three, yet didn't Episode I got like 85-95% from most sources while II even got around 80%, well I'm sure the game will be good but the ratings seems quite low for "the best game of the series".
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So far so good. Everything seems well polished, the voice acting is superb. There are lots and lots of cutscenes which is a good thing to some people (myself included), or a bad thing to others. The database is freaking huge!!!

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow so all those chest up character portrait exchanges are voiced? I know the japanese version is but didn't think in less than 2 month time the english version could finish all that, if it is then great. Same cast from last game?

Another review just came in, ign gave it a 8.0 too, .8 lower than I and only .1 higher than II(I don't mind that since I liked II) just .4 better than enchanted arms which is said to have very bad voice acting, boring story and very generic battle system(those seems to be 3 aspect xenosaga was suppose to be very good at too) was just reviewed today as well. Once again it's said in the review this is the best game of the series...
Equus

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gotta agree that I wish the artbook was a wee bit bigger, but what is there is pretty nice. Got mine through the mail, so the spine is a little bent but it's not like I'm worried about "collector value" or anything, so it doesn't bother me too much. The stores near me tend to reek when it comes to properly distributing the freebie stuff, so if I actually want it (like I did with this artbook), I end up just ordering it online to avoid the stellar employees at the local game store.

As far as I can remember, some of the "portrait" shots aren't voiced, but those are pretty rare and are usually stuff like Shion talking to herself or something. I could be mistaken though, since it was something like 10 at night that I started playing and only after a few drinks and playing Disgaea 2. >.< That being said, I was pretty surprised that there was as much voice acting as I have run across (in 2 or 2.5 hours of playing), and the quality is pretty good...that's coming from someone who is unabashedly a snob when it comes to voice acting.

So far, my impression is pretty good. The graphics and overall package isn't mind-blowing or anything, but they're definitely solid and the faces used on the dialogue boxes help ease the transitions in my head between the in-game and the cut scenes.

And you should know by now jjrs to read the comments in those reviews rather than even worry about the score. ^_^ I swear sometimes that those reviewers are about as consistent as tapioca pudding. They'd probably eat eggs one morning and give it a 9 and eat the same meal the next week and give it an 8 or something because their dog is looking at them funny.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I ordered Xenosaga Episode III from GameStop.
Currently waiting for it to be shipped over now!
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was a lot people who didn't get their games today and had ordered from gamespot/EB, so you're not alone on this.

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got it today. I must say, I'm impressed with how good it is. I'm about 2-3 hours in right now. I'm loving the E.S. battles. They feel so much like Xenogears. And the database is awesome. The amount of information in there is staggering. The character battles are a bit bland, though. Granted, they're infinitely better than Xenosaga II. I just really miss the first game's battle system.

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I "got" mine too, just about to start it after a test run for freezes and it seems to check out. I stopped at about the part shortly after the first sight of telos in the japanese version so I guess it will be a few hours of catch up for me. with this and eM in session disgaea will have to wait, and after two weeks sports games will kick in while VP:S and FFXII are the next two big rpgs, then the PS3 launch... man it's good to be in gaming season.

voice wise, I don't like the new cannon, the new guy sound old and mean while he used to be calm and cool. I think allen's voice is also new, I know helmer's is and he sounds bad too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: