Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Map of Falena
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sigh, wonder what kind of icon I can use for that.

Another request not directly aimed at Sars but which will no doubt be answered by him.

How big are these places? I mean, estimate wise. Villages, towns, large towns, cities? Yashuna, Laud and Lordlake seem to be squarely in the village category and I'm only assuming that Sable, Doraat, Gordius, Leluca, Lunas Estrise and Rainwall are small towns while for arbitrary reasons Spinaxe and Hershville are large towns while Sol Falena is the city.

Is that accurate?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm guessing Stormfist is a huge city as well.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't want to bog this down (but I will anyway by the looks of things) into technicalities but for the Suikoden world I consider a city any settlement with an estimated population of over 10,000.

So, for a city we're talking Gregminster, Graska, Muse (pre-Dunan Unification War), L'Renouille size.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same here, but the thing is, look at Stormfist's importance. The Barrow's family is based there and they seem to have many followers, also, Stormfist if the site of the Falena colliseum. Why put a colliseum in a back water town? ;)
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed?

Well until I have reason to believe otherwise then, I'll consider Stormfist to be a fully fledged city and will mark it as such on my maps.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Barrows family is based at Rainwall, not Stormfist.

Anyhow, here's something to help John:

Yashuna - Village (not ruled by any noble)
Beaver Lodge - Village (represents a race)
Dwarf Camp - Village (represents a race)
Haud - Village (under Rainwall's dominion)
Lordlake - City (Self-ruled)
Sable - City (Self-ruled)
Doraat - City (under Stormfist's dominion)
Gordius - Village (under Sauronix's dominion)
Leluca - City (Self-ruled)
Lunas - Village (no shops)
Estrise - City (Self-ruled)
Rainwall - City (self-ruled)
Spinaxe - Just a port with no city (under Sauronix's dominion)
Sauronix - City (Self-rule)
Hershville - City (under Stormfist's dominion)
Sol Falena - Capital
Nilba Isle - City (independent from Falena and Island Nations)
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sorry, I meant the Godwin's.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, I have an updated map up. Someone correct me if it's in error in terms of town/city size. Clicky here for that.

So are North and East Dock simply ports of some sort like Spinaxe? Also, Great Hole and Waterfall Basin, what the heck are they?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

North and East Docks are not even like Spinaxe, because they're basically just one-screen locations where you can ride boats from. Spinaxe has an item shop and a rune shop, along with many townsfolk.

Great Hold is a dungeon, as well as the Waterfall Basin.
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I'm tryin' to avoid all spoilers cause u can tell that this game is going to be good.

Just wanted to ask how long does it take to beat the game without mini games and other stuff, just following the story?

tnx in advance
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No idea, because I tend to get side-tracked and havn't done a "speed game" yet, but Konami says it's about 50 hours.
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OMG... 50 hours. :o
Suikoden 2 took about 20 h. I've beated it for about 30+ times (and still playin' it ),
If it's true, then Suikoden is definetly 'commin' home'
... jeeez, too bad....
I'm from Europe, It'll take years before it comes here... well what to say then, sweet sorrow....

I'll get Sciatica while waiting it :*laugh*:

BTW, tnx again, enyoy while beatin' SV ....
*envy*
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was told that you beat the games from 60-80 hours, depending on if you spend a lot of time leveling up. This is wonderful news...it's just not in the right place to discuss.

Thank you guys for making the maps of Falena! Can't wait to play it!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More questions from your friendly neighbourhood JBL.

Is Sable a border town?

And, to be more specific, where do the Falenan borders actually end? I'm assuming the Deep Dusk Forest forms part of its western border and Sable is very close to its eastern line.

Then, what nations lie on those borders? Or is it only one?
NervEtrenank

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry for bumping this thread up again, but this seems to be the best place for this -
Just to mention this for those that have played, In one of the rooms in Stormfist Castle there seems to be a map of Falena, The Island Nations and the Northern Continent that doesn't, at leats to me, mesh well with some of the other maps we have seen. Any opinions on this map?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: