Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Map of Falena
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Map of Falena Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The actual image is courtesy of the guy uploading the art scans onto that krichan photobucket page. I've just taken the liberty of brightening the picture and rehosting it.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally.

Edit: Thanks, Leb!

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One wonders how Falena fits into that other world map from the trailer.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/himurokoken/svmap.jpg

I posted this in my country topic in the geography forum

Also, Falena is the southern most continent.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am of the opinion that that shouldn't even be allowed outside of this forum, but it appears Axiose has already made a decision on the matter.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I had to move it in the end as there was nothing coming into that thread but Suikoden V information.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's strange though... How there's another landmass above Falena. Another continent perhaps? But i think, this may not be the appropriate place for this... But i just can't help being curious about that one long line of mountains above Falena....

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I deleted my old post to avoid a whole double-posting situation. Fear my love of the rules of the board!

I've made a patched-up version of a basic two colour world map with added Falena information.

Here's the map.

Wow, look at this site, it's reallly neat! Plug plug plug!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Luther

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On this site (http://www9.atwiki.jp/gensouv/pages/1.html), some japanese players have done this map of Falena:

http://www9.atwiki.jp/gensouv/?cmd=upload&act=open&pageid=49&file=wmap. jpg
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Japan, I really do, but they can screw off this time. Mine is better and offers a better sense of scale to the rest of the Suikoden world. Looks like Japan can't handle my superiority for once and have tried to come gunning for ol' JBL, eh?

Actually, it does help slightly with the rivers and such but what are the dark green lines supposed to be if the blue lines are actual rivers?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Judging from my own looking at it and the game map, they are rivers as well, but probably ones that aren't filled all the time... maybe through floods and stuff? Now, I can't say that for sure, but judging by where they stem from, and where they go, they look like potentially rivers if a flood should ever occur...

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You two, those maps are excellent. I'm not sure if I agree with the amount of land that exists north of Falena, but let's leave it for another topic.

Those thick green lines are cliffs that you can't cross on the world map. Like the great rivers, they provide natural boundaries between regions as well.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, that clears a lot of things up. Alkazar and I were working on his theory of them being some sort of water-trench which would've certainly have kept with Falena's water theme.

I fear our lack of spoiler-indulging shined through in spectacular fashion.

Can anyone help tell me which locations are which for my map?
Dahgaba

Wandering Swords

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey guys, i was hopeing you could re-do the link to the japan site. it soesnt work for me.

"Join us at the best Final Fantasy Forum around!" www.ffplatform.com
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I uploaded the map onto my own space - I noticed the original Japanese site is very unreliable when it comes to connecting. For anyone interested, I'm currently in the process of translating the names, though I'm not exactly the best at it.

http://www.thevederate.com/suikoden/suikov/japan-map.jpg

Right now, I can tell you this much - Sol Falena is located in that diamond shaped lake, the big one, in the north, and Lordlake is located down in that orangey circle. That's all I've actually converted from romaji yet, except for the town on the far east, near the water, which I've translated as East Rain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: