Suikoden Unique and Illegal Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The spells for runes *please, no spoilers*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: The spells for runes *please, no spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone care to share the rune's spells and effects?

I hope that the wind rune has finally dropped that useless sleep level 1 spell and it gets a level 1 healing spell. I don't even mind the shredding at level 3, but man, I hate that level 1 spell.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"

Last edited by fuji on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

from a video looks like fire rune level 1 has a new spell.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I saw Wind of Sleep in an IGN video :( ... I hate it too, lol.

Deep Ground

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want the return of Revenge Earth. In Suikoden II, it was one of the best ways to trump Luca Blight's 3-hit normal attack.

And of course, Yell from the Resurrection Rune.

|Your kind and gentle words can't heal me now. This body's only dedicated to the never ending fight.|
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wanna see the effects from sun,dusk and dawn...
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: The spells for runes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy wrote:
Anyone care to share the rune's spells and effects?

I hope that the wind rune has finally dropped that useless sleep level 1 spell and it gets a level 1 healing spell. I don't even mind the shredding at level 3, but man, I hate that level 1 spell.

Unfortunately wind rune keeps that level 1 sleep spell. It was shown in one of those screenshots that Sialeeds had the wind rune attached and all the old exact same spells from the previous Suikodens are there.

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a very fitting spell for the Wind rune anyway. If you want cheap healing, that's what Water runes are for.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LaLaLaVinCE wrote:
I wanna see the effects from sun,dusk and dawn...

So far the Dawn rune has only one spell, though my Hero can use up till Lv.3 so it's either unlocks via story or needs the Dusk to be effective (like seen in the trailer).

The spell affects the whole party but doesn't do anything particular that I can see, suppose it might heal all adverse effects (eg. poison).

Edit; Yup, that's exactly what it does, heals all adverse effects for the whole party.

Spell 2 has come out as well, deals 400 dmg to one row of enemies.

Last edited by Raww Le Klueze on Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wind of Sleep is a great spell.

I for one want the Earth Rune to get better. I would love to see Voice of Earth from Suikoden 1 come back.

^Actual quote!
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found the Wind of Sleep to be helpfu in SIII because it put out all the zexens even though it barely effective i just want them to make it moreo effective. And then Earth rune is more of a defensive rune so i like it the way it is
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, but half the Earth RUne spells are useless in Suikoden 4. A spell that heals status for the party? Big deal. Never used it. Repel magic for one character? Barely used it.

^Actual quote!
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The spell affects the whole party but doesn't do anything particular that I can see, suppose it might heal all adverse effects (eg. poison).

Eh, True Runes should be a bit more... potent. That's really lame.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really mind the first lv. spell. The second lv. spell should be pretty effective throughout the game...I can't wait to see the third and fourth level spells...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The rune was better in the War parts, there it hurts the enemy plus heals your own unit.

Same goes for Wind rune, hurts the enemy and heals your unit.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm taking fire rune will probably hurt both and water most likely heals both and earth just strengthens defences?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: