Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Kingdom announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was it confirmed that the "Land of Lunas" is another nation, or just a part of Falena?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunas is a monastery northeast of Sol Falena. It is very much a part of the country.
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From Patapi(kachu) at GameFAQs concerning the Kingdom of New Armes. Spoilers!

Quote:
A country run by narcissists.

I propose that the next game should use it as its setting, hahaha.

Speaking of which, Shula's gender got me... damn.

Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I'll update some info on New Armes Kingdom since I haven't seen it posted anywhere. I got this info from one of the Old Books along with Taylor's news articles. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read ahead!

New Armes Kingdom is a tribal nation consisting of 5 main tribes. One leader chosen among the tribes serves as King. I'm not sure what all 5 tribes are called, but I was able to find 3 of them.

1- Darja - Maha Sparna hails from this tribe
2- Madra - Shula Valya and *SPOILER WARNING* Josephine (aka "Yuma") */SPOILER* are from here
3- Ishvaak - King Jalat, the ruler of all Armes, is from here

I'm not sure where Nakula or Gavaya are from, but I haven't had Oboro check on their profiles yet. I'm also not sure where Jidan Guisu is from, but I'm assuming he's from Darja.

New Armes Kingdom is a source of much political turmoil as each clan fights for power. Some of the tribes, particularly the Darja tribe, were quite aggressive in conquering a part of Falena during the internal discord of Suikoden V, but other tribes, particularly the Madra tribe, were not keen on the idea. There is also a negative, long-standing relationship between Armes and the Island Nations Federation, but I'm not entirely sure what the root of the feud is about.

Simply put, New Armes Kingdom looks like a perfect location for a future game in the series with all the tribal differences, however it would be hard to make a new game in Armes that DIDN'T closely mirror Suikoden 2 or 5.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why would it be hard to NOT mirror Suikoden II or V? II had a pseudo-federation (as was what resulted from IV), while V was a really a glorified monarchy which reminds me of Scarlet Moon Empire the most.

The Armes' political system is definitely worth detailing in a proper game. I wonder if I would actually enjoy the Falena-derived division between the tribes though.
Rhett

Trumpeter Ducks

2462 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it was mentioned in here yet, but there's also the Zelant Kingdom. I don't know exactly where geographically it is, but they are a manufacturer of some of the best armor in the world. They do trading with Falena and Logg helps steal some of it from Hershville Naval Base to bring back to the castle as supplies. That's all I remember about them, there may be a few other things about them said in the game that I may have left out.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
Why would it be hard to NOT mirror Suikoden II or V? II had a pseudo-federation (as was what resulted from IV), while V was a really a glorified monarchy which reminds me of Scarlet Moon Empire the most.

I just mean that Armes resembles Jowston's city-states, and it also resembles Falena's political structure (a figurehead leader with several powerful political factions). Fans can only play the same game so many times before it gets old, is all I'm saying. If they could introduce something else as it related to Armes that allowed it to stand apart from the other plotlines, then the setting would work.

Suikoman444 wrote:
I don't think it was mentioned in here yet, but there's also the Zelant Kingdom. I don't know exactly where geographically it is, but they are a manufacturer of some of the best armor in the world. They do trading with Falena and Logg helps steal some of it from Hershville Naval Base to bring back to the castle as supplies. That's all I remember about them, there may be a few other things about them said in the game that I may have left out.

Also, Norma and Ernst are from there, and that was where Ernst acquired the derivative Beast Rune. Zelant is west from Falena, but I'm not sure if it's its own continent or if it shares a border with Falena. I think the fact that most trade goes through a port at Hershville points to it being its own land-mass.

I also suspect that Zelant is the mystery "western continent" referred to in Suikoden 3. If this is true, then it could possibly bridge the gap between the first batch of Suikodens (1, 2, and 3) with the "new batch" (4, Tactics, and 5).

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're 3 countries that i know of but won't reveal to avoid possible spoilers in the game, The game will reveal their names as you go along the first is early in the game.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolfblade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Their Star.com updated their map and Zelant Kingdom has been moved ,so it's now west of Gaien.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: