Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Kingdom announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As for my personal opinion, yes the New Kingdom of Armes people wear cloths of middle eastern style, but I think people in Queendom of Falena's clothing style are more likely to be ancient Chinese, juz take the queen knights for example, the outfit is juz like the warrior or assassin from Zhou Dynasty, even the sword they used are the design from Zhou Dynasty. Besides that many of the building in Falena looks alot like oriental style. :o
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Other than the princess' Kimono and the knight's armor, everything else looks middle eastern. Even the buildings.
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you ever been to China? the Great Wall...the Castle...??? Juz wondering~
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only been to Italy. I'm just saying that a lot of the clothing and armor of the New Armes Kingdom and Falenans looks very middle eastern/ancient egyptian. I'm very fluent in speaking Chinese (but I can't read it worth crap), but I have never been there.

The only other thing I notice is that the people of Raftfleet's outfits look to be inspired by the Hmong clan of central and southeast asia. Their hats are much like it, and the colors are bright like it as well.
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OoH icic, btw u have ur point bro, some of the clothings do looks like middle eastern style, hmm...maybe a mixture of Egyptians and Chinese? :D
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Erm...bro? I'm a girl. :?

And yes, it seems to be a mixture. Though, the Japanese people who create these video games usually try to incorporate as many asian things as they can, to show national pride..or something. I'm sure any of us would do the same thing if we ever created a video game.
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

U are right Dzerassa, mixture of culture make them easily target their "fans" from the gaming market and earn more money!!!and ooh...sorry...shld say sis!!!haha~
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's normal for game developers do to something like that..and to mix influences.. We humans will ever take parts of our personal knowledge of environment and cultures to create a new one out of it, for videogames or movies
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Das is' ja mal ein intelligenter Satz... ;) klingt echt gut

It's something like in Final Fantasy X, you know, because there they've chosen, especially with the clothes, a good mixture of traditions of many different countries.
And therefore making up a whole new system of values, including clothes, architecture and many other things, is hard work, is mixing up two existing things a wee nit easier, I think.
And this is the point in this case. Man, this paragraph is really hard to understand, isn't it?

The Fool
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of new countries introduced in the game, Armes isn't the only one. There is another one to the south of Falena, known as the theocracy of Nagaa (it's religion-led, but isn't called the same as "Holy Kingdom" of Harmonia).

The game also confirms that the Dukedom of Gaien is still around during this era. Curious.
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
Speaking of new countries introduced in the game, Armes isn't the only one. There is another one to the south of Falena, known as the theocracy of Nagaa (it's religion-led, but isn't called the same as "Holy Kingdom" of Harmonia).

The game also confirms that the Dukedom of Gaien is still around during this era. Curious.

Is there any mention of Kooluk and/or (Tactics/Rhapsodia spoilers-highlight to view) the results of its breakup 150 years later?
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@Eden: ? War das ironisch gemeint? Hehe hab mir mühe gegeben..wollte es noch ausführlicher machen war dann aber doch zu faul...

Wow, the Konami Team is on their path of creativity..hehe

I mean, that's kinda cool to have another new state, that is lead by a religion like harmonia. It seems that there will be a lot of suikoden games in the future, and that the suikoden world is still growing
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@ Leon Silverberg
Nein, das war ernst gemeint. Der Satz klingt wirklich gut. Das könnte auch in einem Sachbuch stehen.

Argh! I am going crazy. Finally I have decided to play Suikoden 3 and now the next part is out. I can't stand it. Maybe I have to buy them all and play them whenever I have time to do so... Does something besides Suikoden exist in this world?

The Fool
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:

Thanks for the info. That is curious that Gaien is still around, meaning that they could be one of the countries that Falena has to defend from. And this Nagaa must be more of a neutral country, since it probably has more focus on relgion and not on military power. But we'll see when the game comes out.
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's good to see that in SV political situation would be more complicated. It may be fun if all four nations would be involved in the conflict. I imagine that it may end in some of the nations supporting other. For example: Falena would be supported by Obel(or Island Nations Federation if it still exists) and this Nagaa theocracy and Armes would be supported by Dukedom of Gaien.
Or maybe something like that: Nagaa theocracy is rather small nation and is interested in maintaining balance betwen it's two neighbours: Falena and Armes. So it is always helping weaker side to not allow it to fall.
(of course those are only my speculations)

I'm really curious now how the international situation looks like in SV and I'm wondering if there are characters from those other countries. For now we know that characters are from Falena, Armes and Obel so I'm curious if there is somebody from Gaien or Nagaa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: