Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Kingdom announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
and once again we shall see Viki and Jeane maybe the Dragon Knights make a glorious return

There probably won't be any Dragon Knights since we have the Dragonhorse Tamers. The DHT's do look like excellent replacements for them, though. I already want to use Roog, Rahal, and Craig in my party and Nick to a lesser extent.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd probably use Nick more then the other three...perhaps mainly to see if he'd be good in battle. He might be quite new to the Dragonhorse riding, which will make things quite interesting if you ever see him ride Ax...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LaLaLaVinCE wrote:
Guys, don't u all think the people from Armes Kingdom looks like Arabs? maybe they are from that region? :mrgreen:

I found it quite interesting...bcos General Kasim from S1 and Shin and Zamza from S2 might came from this Armes Kingdom...anyone, suggestion?

Nah, Shin and Kasim are from the Southlands, I'm not sure where Zamza is from, I dont think they ever say, so its a pretty good possible chance that he is from the Armes Kingdom, but Shin and Kasim Hazil are from the SouthLands.

I wonder if Craig will serve as theChris Lightfellow/ Kika Star? arent the Dragon Horse riders like Samurais or something? and if they are, I mean how cool is that, then we would have a unite attack called "Samurai Attack " :D
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But, for all we know, Falena and the Armes Kingdom could BE the southlands! They are the southern most nations on the map, so far.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay! New Kingdoms! That's exciting.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
But, for all we know, Falena and the Armes Kingdom could BE the southlands! They are the southern most nations on the map, so far.

Konami have stated that the term Southlands refers to basically any point to the south of the location of whomever referenced it.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So basically how many states are there in Suikoden V. You have the Falena Queendom and the Armes Kingdom. Any other state or city state? What exactly is the Crimson Bird Clan? Are they just a group or do they also have a city?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those are the only two countries, I do believe. Talk of that Crimson Bird culture has been surprinsgly non-existent, which leads me to believe the only member of that clan in the game is Killey. I haven't learned Killey's motivation for assisting in the assassination of the Queen, but it might have been in retaliation for some sort of wrongdoing to the clan. Perhaps it was wiped out during the war with the Armes.

And on a side note, are you a native english speaker? Very rarely do I hear the word "state" replace "nation" or "country" as often as I do with you.
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No I am not a native english speaker. But I think it isnt correct to speak about Nations, because it refers to nations-states which are a modern invention. Nation-states did not exist in the pre-industrial era nor would they fit into the world of Suikoden, just like a fighterjet woudnt fit in suikoden.

I could also use the word country, perhaps I should use it more often when mentioning rural or small states :D
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Possible spoilers. Highlight to read below.
Zweig, archeiologist of the Sindar's secrets, is also thought to be part of the Crimson Bird Clan, due to his red attire. However, this has not been officially stated. He seems to have the same purpose as Killey, and it seems like he knows him or works with him. Since this is the only game that Konami is placing in Falena, this will probably be our last chance to learn about the Crimson Bird Clan.

It is also speculated that the Crimson Bird Clan has something to do with the Sun Rune, and that the "crimson bird" is a phoenix, since the phoenix has something to do with the Sun in Ancient Egyptian mythology. Most likely, the clan is just a tribe, like the 6 tribes of the Grasslands.

End of possible spoilers.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Machiavellian wrote:
No I am not a native english speaker. But I think it isnt correct to speak about Nations, because it refers to nations-states which are a modern invention. Nation-states did not exist in the pre-industrial era nor would they fit into the world of Suikoden, just like a fighterjet woudnt fit in suikoden.

A nation is a group of people organized under a single government, or is in reference to a sovereign government itself. In order to get your concept of the "nation" you would have to explicity state "modern/contemporary concept of nation".

I mean, it doesn't matter either way since state is still appropriate in this context, but be aware it doesn't necessarily mean what you think it does. You'd have to clarify it as such.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:

But instead of it saying Killey and Lorelai are from Queendom of Falena, wouldnt it have said something like " Falena is near the Southlands or the Southlands are near the Queendom " I wouldnt say Falena could be the Southlands, seeing as they're 2 different nations, Armes kingdom could be revealed as the Southlands, yes we'll just have to wait and see, one of those guys I seen from Krichan's photobucket, lookslike he has one Egytcian/Arabic (sp?) armor on, but I always thought the Southlands were located somewhere beneath the Scarlet Moon Empire sowhere, same as Kanakan, thats where Belcoot is from, right?
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I've said before, most of the clothing from Falena and the New Armes Kingdom are Middle Eastern. The Queen's crown is middle eastern, Jeane's outfit is middle eastern, and two of the prince's outfits are middle eastern, along with many other aspects of Falena's culture. It seems that's just what that continent dresses like.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really wish the game would just center around an internal conflict in the nation of Falena. It would give it a more Suiko I feel, and I don't like how countries suddenly spring up out of nowhere with no prior references in previous games.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crono wrote:
I really wish the game would just center around an internal conflict in the nation of Falena. It would give it a more Suiko I feel, and I don't like how countries suddenly spring up out of nowhere with no prior references in previous games.

You should remember that in Suikoden I, not only was there an internal conflict within the SME, but the SME was attacked by Jowstone, a country that suddenly sprung up out of nowhere into the storyline. In this way, all Suikodens have had a outside country trying to take advantage of the internal conflicts with in a country; this is just one of the Suikoden Series' traditions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: