Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Kingdom announced
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: New Kingdom announced Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rheo posted this in the story thread for SV, there will be minor spoilers:

Quote:
A new kingdom from the east, Faamesu, seized the chance to attack Falena....

Interesting. I'm sure JBL will get a kick out of this.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any word on whether it borders Falena by land or by sea? Can anyone also clean up the name a little? It seems to be a very rough translation.

Seeing as the Island Nations are said to be in the sea, I think we can discount it being north-east and most likely directly east or south-east of Falena. South-east may be the more probable location as it gives a reason why it was never mentioned before, it would simply be too far removed from almost every other nation to be important enough to warrant a reference.

It must be a nation of at least Toran or Dunan preporitions to risk an attack on a nation such as Falena, which may give it a considerable land area.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has there ever been a definite piece of info stating that Falena was on it's own island? Could this new nation share the same land mass? Wasn't the land of Falena an archipelago, so in a corner of that archipelago a nation could be located there?

The nation may not even need to be that large. They could be very opportunistic knowing the country is in turmoil and attempt some land grab and hope the Queendom cannot mount any kind of defense. I don't think they must be a large nation of the size of Dunan and Toran.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falena is said to be a conteinet so I doubt this "Faamesu" kingdom is on the same land-mass. And since it's said to be east of Falena, it can't be a kingdom on the west contininet so maybe it's on a smaller land-mass closer to Falena. Just a guess.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Falena is said to be a conteinet so I doubt this "Faamesu" kingdom is on the same land-mass. And since it's said to be east of Falena, it can't be a kingdom on the west contininet so maybe it's on a smaller land-mass closer to Falena. Just a guess.

Just because the continent is called Falena doesn't necesarily mean that the entire landmass belongs to the nation of Falena. For instance the United States of America, is on the American Continent and yet bears it's name. For all we know it was once all owned by the Sun Rune nation of Falena, now though perhaps this new Kingdom succeeded and became the independent state of Famesu. Konami is konwn for creativity and I wouldn't put anything past them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a reminder. This thread makes me nervous a little due it probably containing reference to Suikoden V at some point so people please be careful.

If there is new information on this Kingdom and it requires information on Suikoden V - simply state that it requires Suikoden V information and black it all out, even if you don't think it's a spoiler.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: New Kingdom announced Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Rheo posted this in the story thread for SV, there will be minor spoilers:

Quote:
A new kingdom from the east, Faamesu, seized the chance to attack Falena....

Interesting. I'm sure JBL will get a kick out of this.

Rheo discovered that she mistranslated Faamesu. Faamesu is really Armes (or Amas) as Username had already revealed in his Suikoden V Quick Reference topic awhile ago.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden V stuff! Possible minor plot spoilers.

Mark text below to see what i have to say:

Interesting, that shows how deep the plot in suiko5 is.

We have the hero against queen thing, the opposing nobles in falena and then another kingdom that is located on the continent falena.

that was suprising, i thought we would only see cnflicts between people from the queendom

Last edited by Leon Silverberg on Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might have to move or lock this thread as there are minor things being said (only tiny things about the plot) but that could still be considered as spoilers.

If there's no way to discuss this without Suikoden V info then I'll lock the thread as I'm sure there's already a thread about this in that forum (which I'm not checking anymore for spoiler reasons).

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No there won't be any way to talk about the new country without suiko5 infos when it is first shown in suiko5..

The only thing you can say about it is, it's on the same landmass/continent as falena..and that it is a kingdom..not a queendom
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there no way to inform of the ruling body without their relation to Suikoden V? Any information on it's history or geographical location?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm.. i guess not at this moment.. we haven't got enough informations about that..

We only know that it's on the same continent and that is is established 8 years before the Suiko5 Plot..and that it is ruled by a king.. not more..not now..
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well there is a map of the nation of Falena which doesn't go north all the way (cutting off at a mountain chain). Also the Amas Kingdom has to be east of the Falena Queendom because of where they invaded...

_Spoiler_

----------
Barows family advocates that Falena should maintain a good relationship with the nearby countries to become trading partners. The Barows family, which is located in the east side of Falena, suffered huge damage when the Amas Kingdom invaded eight years ago. Interestingly, the Barows family is now trading frequently and successfully with Amas.
----------

The invasion was repelled which means that they for the Barows family and the town I'm sure they govern had to have been in the close path of the invasion. The nation could border on more parts but some of the kingdom has to be east of the queendom.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm where can you see this map? i also heard of a falena map included in the LE Version, the only version i've seen of it was to dark to see anything on it.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://photobucket.com/albums/f210/krichan/?action=view¤t=005.jpg

It's kinda dark but you can make out a good bit!

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: