Suikoden Unique and Illusional Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Imprisonment
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Suikoden games are infamous for becoming easier after each play-through. I mean, I thought it was a miracle when I beat Luca the first time, but now I purposely handicap myself in the battle to make it somewhat difficult.

This has been the same with the other two games, but the boss that seems to stay somewhat annoying would have to be Yuber in the large-scale battles. Be it in Greenhill during Suikoden II or outside Brass Castle in Suikoden III, Yuber did not want to give you that easy war battle win.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Must vote for Suikoden III, though II and I did have some powerful bosses.

In Suikoden III, we had to face many powerful bosses that seemed undefeatable.

Hugo's chapter:

Fighting Percival and Leo in Vinay del Zaxay was somewhat hard when you aren't prepared for it, I know there is an opportunity to run but I just can't stand running for battles.

Whipping the ground with Yuber's face in the Ancient Highway was a hard task because of Yuber's evasion skill, I was happy when I saw him on the ground.

Chris's chapter:

Fighting Yuber in the Alma Kinan Forest was hard and exciting, though it wasn't as hard as the one with Hugo.

The fight with the Masked Bishop, Sarah, and Yuber was insane, I can handle the two magicians alone very easily but adding Yuber with them was pretty nasty.

Geddeo's chapter:

Fighting Fake Chris in Geddeo's chapter was kinda tough if you didn't boost the power of your characters even so you face some kind of difficulty if she keeps using the spell Breath of Ice.

Twin Snake is also hard when you don't know how to defeat him or when he uses his special move, I think the best way to defeat him is to use the full power of Aila's Bright Shield Rune.

Fighting the Masked Bishop and Sarah in alter of the flame champion after we finished fighting Duke's team was hard because of the strong spells both magicians use.

Flame Champion's chapter:

Fighting the tri of hell with their ugly chimera creatures after we got off a fight with the True Fire Rune incarnation was mean and hard.

Fighting the Ice Dragon was long but not that hard. Fighting against Luc and Sarah when they try to steal the True Rune from Geddeo proved to be quite hard and challenging.

Fighting the hordes of the mirage Harmonians in front of Brass Castle with Hugo was tiring.

At the end, fighting Sarah for the True Water Rune and Fighting Yuber for the True Lightning Rune were hard but not that much, and lastly fighting the Wind Rune Incarnation was semi-hard if one don't know the most effective way to deal with it.

Suikoden II:

One of the two hard battles I faced in Suikoden II was the battle against the creepy looking monster Neclord summons in North Window Castle, I think it was named as he looked Abomination ^_^.

Fighting against Yuber's summoned Bone Dargon is hard when you don't know that he has a weekness toward lightning, and I just realized it was weird for him to summon a monster week toward lighting when Yuber himself excelled in lightning magic in Suikodren III, I think he was dumb at Greenhill ^,^.

Suikoden I:

It was fighting Sonya Shulen after we were coming from a fight with that dreadful seashell looking boss; she is only strong when we don't know how to defeat her.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From the reasoins already stated, I agree with Suikoden 3 having the hardest bosses. But I honestly think part of it is because of the useless buddy system that handicapped us all.

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Suikoden had some pretty hard bosses. Suikoden 3 had hard bosses (Luc, Sarah, and Yuber) if you were not prepared. I just remember the first Suikoden being quite challenging for me. Egh....Zombie Dragon.

On a side not this topic belongs in the Suikoden Discussion part of the boards so its being moved.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Once you know how suikoden works, 1 and 2's bosses are chicken feet. Of course, if you don't know how to fight properly, and isn't prepared, any boss can be hard.

But S3's bosses CAN be hard even if you know what is going on. For example, i particularly hated the True Water rune... Or whatever it's rincar's name was... That one was annoying as hell, and in my first play true, i very sorrily chose very wrong party members that couldn't handle it at all. Of course, i was too lazy to walk out to change party members, resulting me in dying three times, and still not close to beating it.

I was forced to walk out and switch party members...

Also, the first time i fought the stone golem boss in Moutain pass, i barely beat it with only Joker left standing after that annoying twit casted an explosion attack. Thankfully, one more hit was all that was needed to kill it.

So yeah, S3's bosses pose more of a challenge. The final bosses for all three suikoden also point to S3 being the hardest. Golden Hydra and Beast Rune were easy... I beat Beast rune with the five squirrels once... Wind Rincar almost killed me on several occasions, and i took 45 mins to kill it thanks to the annoying Mother Ocean. If it weren't for Sasarai and his flowing rune, i'd have lost.
kagematsuri

Cannon Fodder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with most everyone else, Suikoden 1 and 2 weren't difficult at all. There was maybe one hard boss in each game, but overall they were both pretty easy. Suikoden 3 has much tougher boss battles, they're still winnable, but not easily. In the first three chapters every battle against Luc, Sarah and/or Yuber is not easy, especially since Sarah likes to heal every freakin turn. Chapters 4 and 5 were easier since by then you have a choice in which characters to use and probably have most of their skills maxed. The Ceremonial Site bosses are all pretty easy, except for maybe Yuber since he does alot of x3 damage. He killed Geddoe in one hit....
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1-Sonya, Zombie Dragon, and Neclord. Barbossa was a joke.

Suikoden 2-Sewer rat, Lucia 3rd time, and Luca Blight. Neclord was easy in this one.

Suikoden 3-Just about everything except for tresure bossess. :o
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe I just thought the bosses in Suikoden 3 are easy because I always max out my characters skills really early in the game. Oh well giving the bosses a good whomping can be just as enjoyable as a good challenge. I've had plenty of both so no complaints here.
Solon Jhee

2031 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III was the hardest. The final boss was the hardest of the three for me personally.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II has the hardest and most annoying bosses!!
With the likes of luca blight, neclord, the bone dragon and the beast rune!

Luca Blight ha those powerful attacks that slashes through my party.

Neclord is just plain annoying...

The bone dragon has quite a destructive array of magic...

and the beast rune has that move that causes status effects!

Hoo hoo ha ha ha! :twisted:

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I- Haven't played the game...

Suikoden II-
-Luca blight because of his powerful attacks that cuts through my party
-Neclord is just plain annoying
-bone dragon is quite powerful and immune to lightning
-beast rune because of the status effects

Suikoden III
-Bosses in geddoe chapter
-sarah
-the dragon in the water rune site
-sarah again
-the final boss because of the elemental changes

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say that SuikodenIII had the hardest bosses. i had so much trouble on that dang rock golem on the mountain path. It took me atleast 7 tries to finally beat it. The sad part is I havent been able to even beat the final boss yet. Every time I think I get close to fially winning it just goes all out and destroys my party. :x
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III takes the cake.

Suikoden I
Zombie Dragon never gave me any trouble, Barbarossa never gave me any sass, it was all Neclord. That guy had some wicked hussle in Suikoden I that he mysteriously lost by the second installment. Good job, Neclord, making a Doppelganger that's more powerful than the original. And considerably less ugly, too. Superiorty complex coming through while making copies of yourself? Tsk. Vampires, eh?

Suikoden II
Neclord was hilariously weak this time around. Maybe it's because I had three Resurrection Runes, but hey, a lame boss is a lame boss. That's what he gets for having a weakness to exploit. Rowd was made of tougher stuff, of course, 'cuz you're not suuposed to be able to beat him even. Otherwise, most of the bosses in this installment don't bother me.

Suikoden III
A lot of the bosses were just plain mean. Luc and co. always trashed me, I didn't even know it was possible to beat them (to this day, I never have beaten them). The Ice Dragon made me his... er, "very good friend" several times in a row, until I eventually conjured the strategy "have Futch and Bright attack a lot, while someone heals and everyone else cowers defending in fear". The crew at the Ceremonial Site were also pretty cruel. Sarah especially had some attitude, coupled with a nasty habit of eliminating my entire party with two or three spells. Wid Rincar never really gave me any troubles, though. Took a while to fight, but beat it on my second try and was never really taken aback by it's power, or anything. Just took patience and power. And four True Runes X_x

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The bosses of Suikoden are not that hard if you know what you're doing. Only the Zombie Dragon (in Toran Castle) has given me difficulty in EVERY playthrough of the game. All the others bosses in Suikoden I were pretty easy because of the mighty combination of Pahn and Ronnie Bell. :P

Suikoden II: Abomination was hella easy the second time around. Viktor owned that beast with his Fury/Fire Lizard/Fire Sealing combination. The Bone Dragon in Greenhill was pretty hard for me because Riou was alone for that battle even though he was Level 90 (I wanted to get everyone to Level 99, including Nanami).

Suikoden III: The only boss battles I found difficult was the battle with Chris and 5 Zexen Infantries at the Great Hollow, because there's a luck factor there (on whether Chris casts Kindness Rain or Breath of Ice during the first turn). The other one is the battle with Yuber at the Ancient Highway, for obvious reasons. The other battles with the Destroyers was pretty easy, as long as you have a Wind Rune. Make Sarah and Luc sleep like babies.

Suikoden IV (spoilers): Angel Hairball, nuff said... though Jeane cleaned it up with her Level 4 Lightning spell during the fourth turn when the Alert Rune took effect. :mrgreen:
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think that suikoden 3 has the hardest bosses ever because well they are hard as hell as far as the final battle goes becausre it can take ages to so but the other fights with the destroyers were realativly easy as long as you are powerful enough so that you can deal some damage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: