Suikoden Unique and Informational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Imprisonment
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sotherby the Jailer

Escaped Prisoners

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Imprisonment Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I sit behind bars in the dankest of blocks.
A captive young eagle, the king of the hawks,
My sorry companion here, lifting his wings,
Pecks bloody food by the sill, pecks and flings,

And looks out the window, away, away off,
As if he, with me, fell to thinking one thought.
He summons me now with his look and his cry,
And wants to speak plainly, aloud: "Let us fly!

"We're free birds in truth; it is time, brother, time!
To go, where o'er clouds, the high mountains are white,
To go, where the sea realm's as blue as the sky,
To go, where the wind alone wanders... and I!"
Mekou

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll have to say Suikoden II, since I haven't played III yet. o_0

Many of the boss battles were annoying since I would die many times before actually deafeating the boss. (And I was always at a pretty high level for most bosses). But I had this..unlucky streak of runes backfiring or the boss would simply attack too often.>_< Arg!
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On Suikoden 1 most bosses can really be a major threat if you aren't prepared enough. I remember the assault on Shasarazade, where you are forced to fight Sonya on the way out after beating another tough boss. Ouch.
Also, Barbarossa cannot be overlooked.

On Suikoden 2, I got to L'Renouille in 12 hours without leveling at all because of the Clive subquest, so go figure. No challenge here.

Now about Suikoden 3, it can be very hard when you are at a low level, but later on your attacking capabilities are so high that any boss goes down in 1-2 turns. Wind Rincar is tough still, and in some battles with the Destroyers you lose if you don't hit fast and hard, that's about it.

To put them in difficulty order, it would be 1-3-2 for me.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say that if you are not prepared to fight in the style of Suikoden 3 then all battles will be rather difficult for you. Once you get it going for yourself then you will be fine. However either way much like Suikoden 1 if you are not prepared for some of the battles you will have a lot of trouble and combine it with the new system in Suikoden 3 and you have the tougher boss battles.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say Suikoden III has the hardests bosses and monsters, because

Suikoden I, never finished the game but I dont think I ever had any trouble playing the game.

Suikoden II, Well this whole game was pretty easy the only semi hard boss was that three headed thing Neclord makes you fight. And the beast rune (last boss) was very disappointing heck my Viktor could kill it by his self :lol:

Suikoden III, Well as of right now I am at the very end of the game, just have to go *spoiler* fight/find Luc. So I dont know how hard he/whatever he makes you fight will be. But whenever you have to fight Yuber, Sarah, or Luc is always a little bit of a Challenge. Especially if Luc/Sarah gets some magic off! And in Thomas chapter those bees are hard! And smart cause they always hit Thomas. I died a ton on them :lol: and that wild boar is challenging too. But sometimes Area Bosses can be hard, if you are not healed and dont have any magic left. Also the Stone Golem on the moutain pass when you go past with Geddoe is hard. Well maybe just for me because I never level up with Geddoe or Hugo. Or may it is hard because if you use Jokers Fire Rune you know Queen wont get out of the way and she will die (sometimes along with Ace) :D Also those azz...azzado...no, the azodeo.....oh screw it :roll: The Harpys are hard, especially the group of four you encounter in the final dungeon. They can get there magic off very fast for a monster and they do some good Lightning spells.

Well thats what I think, thanks

NoFlyZone
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III IMO is definently the most challenging out of the three so far. The only hard bosses in S1 are Neclord and the Zombie Dragon (If you screwed up and lost the fire rune Leknaat gives you to poor programing :roll: .) And the only thing that was remotly hard in S2 was Neclord's Abomination. And for some reason on my first playthrough I kept dieing on the Sewer Rat :( .

If I was to rate them in order how challenging they were, it would go: 3 - 1 - 2.

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I got up to Neclord in Suikoden I before my data was deleted. I got owned by him so many times in battle that I've decided he was quite a hard boss. ;P When I'm back in the city this December I'm going to play through the game and find a way to kick his sorry butt... But otherwise the most challenging boss I've encountered was him for whatever reason, at least in Suikoden I. Since I was killed so many times by him I'd probably say this one was the hardest for me since I did have some problems along the way, although where I don't remember since I haven't played the game since last summer (Don't know exact date, just that it was a day or two after the NYC blackout).

Suikoden II I also never got to complete because of - hey guess what! - my memory card being erased. But I was up to the final battles so it's not like I didn't get far in the game. :? I don't remember any boss being particularly hard. The Abomination sent by Neclord was a pain in the butt though.

Suikoden III - SARAH!! Sarah was the hardest boss in my opinion. The monsters around her had quite good defenses so it took some time to take them down; not to mention her using magic to heal them. I tried a "Silent Lake" strategy the second time around (first being lost) but that didn't work too well after killing the monsters (at this point I was healing with items). Even with "Silent Lake" it was hard to beat her because she'd always dodge. It got to the point where I was wishing I had Landis and his S-class Freeze ability in my party - so I could possibly find another win similar to the Yuber unit battle. I also didn't care for the treasure boss on the mountain pass when you're travelling with Geddoe's party (the two-headed snake or whatever it was). :P

Now that I think about it... I never used a Sacrificial Jizo. Hmn.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1: Just the Zombie Dragon

Suikoden 2: Abomination and Harpy

Suikoden 3: The last Sarah fight...grrr...she owned me repeatedly! The Wind Rincar is by far the hardest of the rune incarnations...I didn't even break a sweat for the Sovereign Rune or Beast Rune
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definately Suikoden III, especially if you include all the bosses that you don't have to fight, but can.

In Suikoden I, it is very tough to make your party into a super-party, so you can't make any bosses really easy unless they were made really easy. But, none of them were too hard. Zombie Dragon the first time you get to it, and maybe Neclord were kind of tough. I didn't lose to the Golden Hydra until I just brought Tir, Viktor and Flik.

In Suikoden II, there were definately some hard bosses. Luca of course took me a few tries. Harpy I lost to a couple times(although not the first time), Abomination I lost to once, and I lost to the Beast Rune once. Oh yeah, and I lost to the Zombie Dragon in Greenhill once.

Suikoden III had some hella-hard bosses. All those optional ones(Hugo vs. Leo/Percival, Geddoe Ch.1 vs. the fake Chris and Knights, any time you face Yuber, etc) I tried to make a point of beating to see if I could get anything cool from beating them. Geddoe ch. 1 vs the Twin Snake, all three of the final fights, there was probably in total 10 bosses that I had to reset to beat the first time I played through.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 3 hands down.

Suikoden 1 had a couple of problematic bosses, and Suikoden 2 had none, but Suikoden 3 had quite a few difficult.
The first time through the game I was beaten in every Yuber and Sarah fight in the game. Even Azzodess is tough.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III definitely had the toughest bosses, the final boss in particular. If you took the wrong combination of people, even if they are great fighters themselves, you could end up being used to wipe the floor.

Yuber and Sarah were definitely pains to fight against, but the True Wind Rincar was definitely a tough battle, which required the proper strategy in order to have even a fighting chance. If I remember correctly, eliminating the True Water Rune first is as essential as it can get, due to it's healing abilities, I remember it restoring the components I defeated in my first time around, then the True Earth Rune.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to agree with everyone who said that Suikoden 3's bosses or monsters were the hardest in all of the Suikoden games but what I think is that they weren't that hard because if you know the most effective way or tactic to kill them it won't be that much of a challenge.

In any case finding the most effective way for killing the foe didn't help me that much because without knowing the enemy including with some preparedness of the characters I didn't even had the chance to survive the battle with any strong enemy.

Anyway, speaking about the only hard battle I had in Suikoden 3, it would be the one with that Twin Head (really hate it ) in the Caleria mountain path, I don't know why it seemed somewhat difficult but maybe because it kept on using it's special attack in every round, which made it really impossible to defeat.

Something I noticed while playing Suikoden 3 (might be wrong) is that the bosses increase in power whenever I level up. I really noticed that when I fought the final boss in Suikoden 3 because he did inflect the same amount of damage before and after I leveled up my character, not like the final bosses or any bosses in the previous Suikoden games.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
Suikoden III definitely had the toughest bosses, the final boss in particular. If you took the wrong combination of people, even if they are great fighters themselves, you could end up being used to wipe the floor.

Yuber and Sarah were definitely pains to fight against, but the True Wind Rincar was definitely a tough battle, which required the proper strategy in order to have even a fighting chance. If I remember correctly, eliminating the True Water Rune first is as essential as it can get, due to it's healing abilities, I remember it restoring the components I defeated in my first time around, then the True Earth Rune.

Yeah, especially since the water rune can only be taken out by magic or archers, so you just cant take it out with attacks, which makes it extra annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skye Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say Suikoden III. The bosses on Geddoe's chapters were hard. I've never played Suikoden II. The Zombie Dragon on Suikoden I was hard too.
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd definitely say Suikoden III the same as most other people. Sarah wasn't exactly hard, but you just needed the right team. And for people like me that wanted to take Chris with her full team of knights, the lack of magic just made it really painful. The Wind Re-Incarnation was hard, I knew from the start to take out the Water Rune, that is always the most important part in such boss battles, but even so it took me a few times with the right team to kill it (especially since Sasarai's Earth Rune is such a useless piece of crap with 2 of its spells ineffective).

As Kornholio says the optional bosses in Suikoden III can prove difficult, but similarly in Suikoden II the battle with Rowd is practically impossible.

I didn't find either Suikoden I or Suikoden II MUCH of a challenge except when you were caught unaware (Sonya after the clam, Neclord after the Golem, etc) although Luca was a little tricky he was just plain fun to take down, too. The pain parts that were difficult in the first two games where when you'd have to take on a boss without being able to go to an inn first so you'd already wasted half your spells or was already weakened. In Suikoden III I thought even after going to an inn you could still get your behind absolutely thrashed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: