Suikoden Utopian and Informational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Imperial Chronicles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milich Oppenheimer

La Rose Noire

175976 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Imperial Chronicles Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Volume 1

Oh, my nation, my Empire! Such a rich history we have, with wars all about All the world certainly should know of the battles that have come upon the Scarlet Moon Empire, for as a nation borne of war, they provide a glimpse into our being.

Our last great string of wars has come to fruition following a long period of peace between the nations of the world. I was comfortably governing my homeland, the towns of Bier Blanche, Premier L'Amour, and Lac Virginite, from my gorgeous castle at Scarleticia. Times were well, and the people under my governorship were all simply thrilled with their lives in their land. The time of peace, however, would not last. Our great Empress Rheo received word that our Empire was under attack on two fronts! Not only was the Kingdom of Highland attacking us by sea at the former bandit's hideout of Mt. Seifu, but the wretched miner pigrats of Tinto were invading our desert land Karakas from the northwest. At this time, most of the world was still peaceful. We had word that the tribes of the Grasslands had also come under attack from multiple sides, and in them we saw a mirror image of ourselves. A lone cohort in this world of aggressors. But not much time could be had dwelling on our friends in the world - we had to defend our borders and our seas!

Planning immediately commenced. Our war council, then consisting of our Empress Rheo, our strategist KoRnholio, Court Magician and Royal Guard Keriaku, and the generals Wiseman, TheAngelicSin, Locke, and Alkazar, decided on a plan. A total of 31,000 units were sent to defend the desert of Karakas, and 17,000 put on ships to protect the waters outside Seifu. You might ask, how would I know of this, not having participating in these wars? I must tell you, my secretary at the time was an important general of the world, and I managed to see all of his summons for military duty over time, and occasionally I would read his journals that told of the important battles of the day. Why, you ask? I feared he was seeking more power yet again. Growing weary of his strength, I took it upon myself to keep myself up to speed on his actions. Intrusion? Possibly, but my suspicions weren't unfounded, as you may find out later.

Here is an excerpt from his journal:

"At the desert of Karakas, our generals met their match. Our first three deployed generals, Alyoyo, Alkazar, and ladyapple, were soundly defeated by the Tinto forces. The Empress Rheo then made the decision to include her own unit in the next turn, to try and salvage a victory. After the defeat of another Imperial general, Tilo, Rheo's infantry soldiers made their way out to the battlefield and met her rival, the archer general iscalio, so-called the 'Mountain Fox' by nations who had tried to invade the land of Tinto. His regiment outnumbered Rheo's. However, the archers could not even harm Rheo's infantry, and were turned back quite easily. This stunning defeat of the enemy leader's personal unit proved to be in vain, however, as soon after, KoRnholio's archers were felled similarly by a Tinto infantry unit. Our forces were driven out of Karakas, and it was lost to the pigrats.

We had better prospects to defend Seifu, even though we had given far less forces to it. We even began with a win, when Samurai X narrowly prevailed over his enemy, which was regrettably followed by defeats of the units of Locke and Mercenary. Then my cavalry, who consisted of more than half the troops allocated to the battle, destroyed the archers we faced. himurokoken shocked everyone by defeating a unit more than eight times his size, just by keeping them out of range. Our filler unit, k3n5h1n, was destroyed, but that was expected. We had won the turn. Though it didn't matter, as our last two units, Wiseman and seraph, were defeated. We lost the naval superiority, and knew we would likely have to deal with them on the ground the next time we saw them."

This news filled the citizenry of my governorship (and the whole Empire, I'm told) with endless fear! We fought two battles and couldn't win either? Will we keep losing land to the north? Will our precious Kunan come under siege? Only the fortress of Moravia now stood between us and the pigrats!

It pained me to think about it, so I took a little vacation time to clear my head and travelled to the capital, Gregminster, to my home there. A duel contest was occurring in the square. What luck! I could see who in the Empire was going to be in the batch of next great leaders! I do not remember all the names of the winners, but I distinctly remember one had an affinity for red, which i found quite pleasing. I soon left, however, as I didn't want to risk being away from my palace when my secretary returned from battle. I needed to watch him.

At here I bid you goodbye, and hope to see you again when I complete my next volume of the chronicles!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Eike's Library All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: