Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden III's "Stairs"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Suikoden III's "Stairs" Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As you know, the stairs in the inns of Radat in Suikoden II and the Great Forest in Suikoden are the most notorious elements of the games. However, Suikoden III has not been regarded as having an equivalent. Until now.

In the inn of the Great Hollow, if you run past the Lizardman and head toward the back of the cave, he stops you, saying, "Hey you there! Don't go any further!"

I don't know if anyone has noticed this before, but I've seen it posted many a time that Suikoden III doesn't have an equivalent of the Radat and Great Forest staircases. However, unlike Radat at least, it seems that the Great Hollow Secret Chamber has no significance; it appears to simply be an easter egg Konami put there to amuse fans.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see any significance in that particular part of Suikoden III. There are several places like that in Great Hollow, and there's also the knight in Vinay Del Zexay who won't let you into the Guild Hall if you are any character but Chris. Heck, you could say the same thing about Karaya Village, as you can't go into the village after it is burned. There's also the teleporing circle that no longer works in Flame Champion Hideaway.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The significance lies in that it is a forbidden area in an inn. Just like the areas in Radat and the Great Forest.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh! Okay now I get it. Sorry about that. I had forgotten that those were in inns. That makes a lot more sense. Good find. Good find. I didn't even make that connection.

Do you know of a place in Suikoden IV where this happens? I can't think of any from memory. That would be cool to find out too.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
There's also the teleporing circle that no longer works in Flame Champion Hideaway.

It's been a while, but I think it actually does still work. I remember going back in there after chapter 3 with my FC and looking around. I think Sana even hangs out there from time to time.

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
Oh! Okay now I get it. Sorry about that. I had forgotten that those were in inns. That makes a lot more sense. Good find. Good find. I didn't even make that connection.

Do you know of a place in Suikoden IV where this happens? I can't think of any from memory. That would be cool to find out too.

Middleport Inn, I think, but I don't remember if it was due to some physical obstruction or because the innkeeper didn't want you going there.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, unless there's somthing I didn't do, the teleporting circle didn't work. I walked on it and it didn't do anything, but I could be missing something.

In the Middleport Inn, there's some sort of sign or notice board on the staircase, so I guess that would qualify I guess, though I don't remember the innkeeper saying anything.
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^physical obstruction blocks the staircase in that inn. a sign or something like that blocks the stairs.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How lazy on Konami's part. They couldn't even get a random NPC to stand in your way and spout character slurs at you until you back away.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe you have to use the Blinking Mirror a kazillion times to get into the back!

And then once you do, you'll find a few potions and a Sunbeam rune!
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is something i tried. In Suikoden III when i trained i never got back there andi would alaways teleport back and forth from trease cheast.

Amd in Suikoden IV i would lways go to the Deserted island or any island Via Blinking Mirror and never missed a place unless getting sent back to HQ counts for both of them
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the stairs in the middleport inn where probably some gag that is realted to the rumors of stairs in inns of suiko games that you can't pass..hehehe..
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember that in Suikoden 2 the treasure was full of super good equipment and I believe a rune and a food item was among them as well. Problem is I don't remember for certain because time of the Suikoden 2 playthrough before last was like 2003 or something. But I did get in that room during two playthrus of S2.

Never got into the one in the first game... and I've played that game countless times.

I thought the "forbidden zone" in Suikoden 3 was like the road to Harmonia or something... seeing how that's the direction Luc came from. Right? The area behind the great hollow. When Geddoe and company go there, they get their asses kicked (unless you OVERLEVELLED YOUR ASS OFF!!). Someone told me it's possible to win that fight, but to this day I still haven't bothered.

The other place (Zexen building), if I remember right, is pretty much just "vault" and a "bojustsu master" that only Chris can use, right?

I didn't like Suikoden 4 enough to look for most of the extras... I don't think I ever did beat it. I did get around to trying that treasure hunting crap, it pissed me off though... most of the things I got were not worth the ten minutes of wandering in a circle clicking to get it.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i believe you can't get into the one in s1.and the treasure in the s2 one is some of the mole armor,i believe a blue gate rune i think and some potch.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In na nal there is a door right next to either an item shop or armor shop and if you try to enter the shop owner says you cannot go in there.
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Radat stairs were in an item shop... I just finished another playthrough of 2 yesterday, so I'm pretty sure of it.

Coketastic, it is possible to defeat Chris and company as I've done it. You either have to be really careful in battle or get everyone's skill levels really high by repeated random battles in the area and visits to the bujutsu trainer. I had Joker's fire skill maxed before going to Great Hollow (Which was 2 hours ago...) and simply casted the strongest area skills I could while having everyone pick off the soldiers. You must keep at least one person concentrationg on Chris to interrupt chanting for healing and such. Once you have all the knights gone, you have basically won.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: