Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden III Oddity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Suikoden III Oddity Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm playing back through Suikoden III, and in an encouter with the Father Holly in Zexen Forest, the Holly, quite naturally, went berserk when his health was low. However, he was completely devoid of any red glow. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this just some strange quirk of the Father Holly?
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it may have happened to me, but I do not really pay much attention to the colors of the characters or anything. My eyes are glued to the numbers, menus, and words in battles.

However, I'd like to bring up something else. I might have mentioned it before, but once while I was fighting an army battle, the one in Chris's Chapter 1 where the party is supposed to retreat to be precise, one of the mounted Zexen knights walked up to attack, but then his head started spazzing out. It waggled through his shoulder back and forth at a rate two or three times faster than possible. It continued for about twenty seconds before stopping. It was rather amusing actually.
Kanes_Inferno

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden III Oddity Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus the Noble wrote:
I'm playing back through Suikoden III, and in an encouter with the Father Holly in Zexen Forest, the Holly, quite naturally, went berserk when his health was low. However, he was completely devoid of any red glow. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this just some strange quirk of the Father Holly?

I believe I've had something similiar happen, a few times actually. It seems like, at random times, they become 10x stronger...I know that sounds stupid but I've gone into the battle and owned them, then the very next battle it have what seems like infinite HP; I can kill it but it can take foreverrrrr...and it won't be glowing any colour. It's frustrating, but at the same time I kinda liked it. I'm not sure if it's some random thing to where they're stronger, or it's some things mixed..but it definitely happened, and at least ten times or so (each play through). Kinda reminds me of the boars in II, I've seem some crazy stuff happen in the battles with those; I've watched my friends get wiped out, after owning them countless battles in a row. Some crazy things can happen in the world of Suikoden.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I'm sure you would have noticed this but perhaps it was the boss for each dungeon that you go through. Sometimes when walking through the Zexen forest you can get into a fight against a really strong Father Holly. The music for the battle is different if I remember correctly and the Holly is a lot stronger like you said. You get a lot more expierience then you would fighting the regular one and it wouldn't turn red because it wouldn't be in beserk. That could of been what happened but when I get into that fight it is generally obvious to me I'm fighting the dungeon boss. It happens on the plains every now and then too but generally it will be a Salamander or Giant Rock Monster, something you generally don't see to much on the plains.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's certainly a possibility, but I think Camus here saw the berserk indicator. Otherwise, there would be no reason to believe that the thing actually was berserk. I'd be confused too if there was no red aura, but the thing was still marked berserk.

Hey, another possibility is that the thing is too big for the aura. Maybe the red aura is there, but it is hidden in the enemy's sprite somewhere.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ive noticed that the copper sun dungeon boss in cyndar ruins are much stronger than those in FlameChamp's hideout. So that may explain why you thought the FatherHolly you fought was stronger. To that no-red-glow thing, I dont have any possible hypothesis for that, but in my experience, Chief Dupa in my battle party sometimes does not emit that red glow, even if he had a Fury Rune. I dont think I was color-blinded because his partner, Chief Lucia (who happens to resemble my mom) also has Fury. I compared them and I found out Lucia had that red-glow, while Dupa has none.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: