Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Moving Falena

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Moving Falena Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I alot of people have been confused recently about Falena being South of the Island Nations and not west of Toran and I got thinking was moving it a good idea. It even clashes with Morga's story he was a gladiator in Falena when he won to much they took his eyes he still won so they sold him to the Island Nations. But he got to Toran because a storm hit and he washed up and found his way to Qlon. Back when they made the story Falena and Toran were close together but now the Isand Nations seperate them and there is no way for Morga's story to have happened.

Is there somthing so important about moving Falena that they would riun a charecters story? I oftin thought that what we have seen is just one side of a globe and there is more Contents. Do you think they are planning to expand the Suiko world or just messed up for apperntly no reason?

CLERKS
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Morgan's story still sticks rather well, if not as well as it did previously.

Firstly, ignore the map on this site. It's outdated for now. Reference this one instead: http://www.theirstar.com/images/worldmapattempt.jpg

Second, remember that Morgan was sold to the Island Nations and was presumably on board the vessel when it sunk within the region of the Island Nations. However, nothing states in what area of the Island Nations the ship was destroyed at. So, for the purposes of this discussion, we'll say it was the far north.

Now, thirdly, there's nothing stopping Morgan from drifting north at this point. So let us imagine that he drifted quite a bit up the Dunan River. The Dunan River, by the way, is the one located just to left of Kooluk.

Also, we must take into consideration the events of Suikoden Tactics. I shall black out the spoilers, highlight them to read. Following the collapse of the Kooluk Empire at the end of the game, Scarlet Moon managed to take a large chunk of Kooluk territory, going quite aways south of the old Small Border Village. This means that Morgan only has to drift a small distance upstream before being in the Toran region.

So, from there, he makes landfall in Toran, eventually gets to Qlon where he awaits you in Suikoden I.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Morgan was being sold to Harmonia, not Island Nations.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this another one of those facts that was uncovered by yourself, mentioned on boards and quickly submerged by the sheer quantity of posts until it was lost for all time, or at least, until now?

But the idea that he was sold to the Island Nations seems pretty established. Is this an error rising from the ship sinking in that region, leading people to believe that was his destination originally?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, there was en error in the character list on this site, as well as on Suikosource. The Encyclopedia says that he was sold to Harmonia, so I have no idea how that error ended up on the character list. Sorry folks.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So his ship merely sunk at some point between Falena and Harmonia?
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On this site it says Island Nations? Although there are some small typos like on the "Tabelt of Stars" Landis is Randis. You should make a sticky for people to post mistakes they find.

CLERKS
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People are always free post something in the "content development" forum. That way content development staff can fix it. I personally don't have the time to fix errors.
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Morgan was sold to Harmonia. I've never heard of any slave trading in the Island Nations. The only places with real slaves are Harmonia and Falena. Unless gladiators aren't slaves, but i'm pretty sure that they didn't try to change history.

But i believe that if Toran was west of Falena, there would be a lot more complications with people's stories.

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow this is interesting stuff people, say Sars it's great to read your fact finds it's amazing i see you've added a vessel list above on this site and other stuff that's cool too. I'm looking forward to part 5's release. I'm killing time since finishing suikoden tactics, i'm messing around on dragonquest 8 right now waiting for suikoden 5's release here in Canada. Good to see you and JBL, both give us your wise opinions here, i've read JBL's stuff on other topics on this site it's also cool. I hope to read more of your guys stuff(Sars and JBL) it's incredible to learn so much from you two, thank you.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, let me take everything back. I just made sure to double check with the encyclopedia, along with every other book I have. I can't find one single reference on where Morgan was being carried away to. All it says is that Morgan was being "hauled on a ship." I wonder where the "Harmonia" thing came from... Oh yes, I know. The Suikosource character list originally came from a quasi role-play community called "Castle of Kain." The character list there included RP-specific stuff, which was not from the game. I do recall there were some details that were not completely caught in the early days of Suikosource, but Morgan's profile was apparently not caught as a fluke until.... 6 years after the original profile was made, it seems. Again, my apologioes. When I get time, I better comb through the character list...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: