Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Travel to the Island Nations?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting to note that the Obel military uniform has become the standard equipment for all Island Nations Federation soldiers. It would suggest that Obel, with its size and importance, quickly became the overbearing cultural influence for the alliance as a whole.

The notes about newly developed islands would make sense considering the nature of the area. Most of the islands in the area were very small and could only have ever supported a limited population anyway. Only Obel, Middleport and possibly Razril could have comfortably supported more than one settlement so this is a nice, logical, progression.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Razril is actually northwest in the Island Nations, one of the few islands in the north, besides Iluya, Nay, Na Nal, and Middleport.

I highly doubt Lazlo would just be killed,he's too good for that, is it even for certain that Kyril is still alive around Suikoven V? its weird how when Ted first got the rune from his grandfather, society hasnt changed since then, if it was 300 years or so back, shouldnt their style of dressing and what not be different? like people wearing glasses way back in Suikoden IV, on another note, there wasnt anyone in control of the stone tablet in Suikoden IV, was it? they didnt even have one, it was just a roster, and Desmond was in control of that?
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where is this new island in relation to the others?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only Island Nation folks you get to meet are from Obel, which is possibly why the only uniform you see are Obel uniforms. The leader of the Island Nations forces you encounter is related to Obel royalty, as well.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought those uniforms became ISland nations official army uniforms.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forum Poster wrote:

It's the deserted island, which is in the middle of the island nations. We've seen it in suikoden IV.

Quote:
if it was 300 years or so back, shouldnt their style of dressing and what not be different?

It was 150 years, not 300. and yes, the clothing has changed, but I'm sure they would want to keep some things traditional. for instance, the kimono has been around since the 5th century China, and then it was carried on in Japan up till now, where they still wear them for festivals and such. I'm sure that Obel wants to use their uniforms for soldiers because it shows "Obel pride" from centuries past. The clothing of the soldiers has changed much, and you can tell that the citizens' clothing is changed, too.
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
Forum Poster wrote:

It's the deserted island, which is in the middle of the island nations. We've seen it in suikoden IV.

Oh, so the new island is in fact one of the old ones?
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it's the deserted island we saw in IV, where we found Lilin and the other mermaids.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa, I actually met more or less during Ted's time, when you see him in that flashback in Suikoden 1? but yeah I met 150 years too, thanks, I wonder if the Island will be named "Chiepoo's Island" or (depending what you named Lazlo in Suikoden IV)
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zahak wrote:
Dzerassa, I actually met more or less during Ted's time, when you see him in that flashback in Suikoden 1? but yeah I met 150 years too, thanks, I wonder if the Island will be named "Chiepoo's Island" or (depending what you named Lazlo in Suikoden IV)

The island's name is "nihala" or something like that. I can't quite remember. And how would the game know what you named the hero of Suikoden IV if there's no upload data?
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because that's the name given tol the mermaid's Deserted Island in Rhapsodia. Suikoden V doesn't need to know that.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't wait to see how it's changed over the 130+ years between the two games...

Are there any Nekobolds seen?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any word on an Island Nations flag?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, that island is not the Deserted Island from Suikoden 4. The island is located in between Falena and the Island Nations.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, here's another question. Is Falena still confirmed to be due south of the Island Nations Federation?

New maps have uncovered an eastern landmass and I'd like to clear up any niggling theories as quickly as possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: