Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Travel to the Island Nations?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Travel to the Island Nations? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the first trailer we saw for Suikoden V, there was one short clip of the Prince running around in what appeared to be the Lime Shelf from Suikoden IV. At first, most of us disregarded it and called it coincidence. However, if you look at the posters that we've been looking at for a while now, we see a girl who appears to be wearing a hat like that of the Obel soldiers.

So, does this mean there's a possibility of limited travel to the Island Nations? We believe the Queendom of Falena to be just south of the islands, so it would make sense.

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...this shld be possible since the Queendom is so near to the Island Nations...
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that will be pretty cool. It might be like suikoden 2 having Tir in it.

But this time Lazlo will be in it. :) (hero4)

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dout you can George probly dosent go back to any where he has gone before and that was were he was born and people know him best. Although finding this out Sieleeds would probly presure you to go and tease him :*laugh*:

CLERKS
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose there is a possibility, but I would like to visit the mysterious and lazy Gaien more than the Island Nations again...
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arenegeth wrote:
I suppose there is a possibility, but I would like to visit the mysterious and lazy Gaien more than the Island Nations again...

I agree. The Island nations wasn't all that interesting of a place, so I would want to see at least one city of Gaien in this game.

Also, can anyone post a picture or link of the Obel girl? I have yet to see her...

EDIT: I found her. She's in the poster with Kyle, Georg, and the prince. It's strange that she has that large tan veil coming out of her helmet. And one of the Obel soldiers is girl c from the character list on the main page of this site. I have a feeling one of the soldiers is Obel Royalty, and Obel sends the soldiers to Falena to help the hero's party. That, or you can travel to Obel later in the game. It would be interesting to see how Obel has changed over 150 years..now that I think about it..

Last edited by Linnaeus on Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I dout you can George probly dosent go back to any where he has gone before and that was were he was born and people know him best.

When was it ever said that Georg was from the Island Nations, or even been there?

And you can't seriously think Zaj is Mike...
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Quote:

I dout you can George probly dosent go back to any where he has gone before and that was were he was born and people know him best.

When was it ever said that Georg was from the Island Nations, or even been there?

And you can't seriously think Zaj is Mike...

I think what he thought was that since Ferid came from the Island Nations, and he's known Georg for a long time, that Georg must have come from the Island Nations as well. It's a valid speculation, but I don't think so. Georg is too white to be from the tropics of the Suikoverse...

poorguy171 wrote:
We believe the Queendom of Falena to be just south of the islands, so it would make sense.

I always thought it was west of the Island Nations, very close to Gaien. At least, that's what's shown on the map on this site..
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone who has seen the Geographical Revelations Thread on the site should have seen the true location of Falena.

EDIT: I'm putting more detail into this.

People assumed when maps of the southern island region were revealed that the piece of land that was just about visible under Gaien was the tip of the Falenan continent. This would have placed Falena roughly to the south-west of the Island Nations as well as the main Suikoden continent.

However, video footage from a Suikoden V promotional video showed a very large map of the Suikoden world as revealed to us to date, which revealed that what we assumed was Falena was nothing more than a peculiar banana shaped island off the coast of Gaien, while the northern reaches of a, presumably, large continent was visible on the southern reaches of the map.

We now assume this continent to be Falena, placing the nation directly south of the Island Nations.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never saw that video. Which video was it? Can you link the page for the video here? Well, if it is at the southern edge of the Island Nations, then it would be somewhat closer to Obel than if Falena was at the south-western edge. That would mean easier access to the Kingdom of Obel, Na-Nal, and Nay. I also saw this:

Quote:
Falena is located far east of Dunan, across a vast ocean on a seperate landmass.

I got this at suikox's Geography index. It's just something I wanted to show, because that location would most likely have the easiest access to Obel. I wonder what sources the writer of this got this info from? In any case, in 10 days, it will be released in Japan, and we will most likely know much more about it then.

Last edited by Linnaeus on Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The video was for Suikoden V. I think it's still available for viewing or download on the official site.

The location of Falena that you quoted just now is from a very old source. Konami have since changed their minds, confirming that Falena is located somewhere far south around the time of the release of Suikoden II.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's quite possible...personally I'd like to go to Gaian..
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gaien, definitely. IV showed us the Island Nations and Tactics showed us Kooluk, but neither gave even a hint about the Gaien mainland.

The Obel soldiers already tell us that some outside countries will be involved in this affair, even if indirectly, so perhaps Gaien will attempt to capitalize on the internal strife in Falena. I'd like to see SOMETHING of the Gaien mainland, if not in V, then in some future Suikoden.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes it would be nice to see Gaien.
We now how big gaien is, how it looks on the worldmap but we never had the chance to see more of it.

Maybe it will be possible, but i think that the game will focus on falena alone
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://nigauri.sakura.ne.jp/src/up4262.jpg

If you look by the girl in the Obel hat (left side), there are two other characters wearing very similar clothes (one of which is a girl we saw in the original trailer). The fact that possibly 3 characters come from Obel/Island Nations makes travel there even more likely.

And I like the idea about traveling to Gaien (or perhaps that banana-shaped island). There'd be a good chance we'd run in to some Obel folks there, and perhaps they'd happen to join us.

Last edited by poorguy171 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: