Suikoden Unique and Irenic Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikox Chat?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Suikox Chat? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't time for suikox to have a chat? I have grown to love this place and I think a chat would make an excellent addition to suikox

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The strain on the system would be intense and the programming would be confusing, unless theres one at our disposal already. I would really like this idea but if it's like I think Georg Prime means than I'd say that I'd rather it not be docked on the bottom of the screen. It would be neat to see if you could apply them to individual forums. We could have Tinto chat, which would save alot of time since I see several of us there simultaneously at times and we get confused with the double posting and editing and, well you know.

I am in favor of the suggestion, though there are things I'd rather see first(SoD :D )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wouldn't need to be hosted here.

Move it onto IRC... Lots of networks that are free. There are web-based IRC web pages (or java applets) that allow you to connect to. Really wouldn't take much set up time as all you'd have to do is login to IRC and then /join the channel.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy wrote:
Wouldn't need to be hosted here.

Move it onto IRC... Lots of networks that are free. There are web-based IRC web pages (or java applets) that allow you to connect to. Really wouldn't take much set up time as all you'd have to do is login to IRC and then /join the channel.

I wonder if it would be possible to make a only member nation in the chat section. I think it would be helpful to other nations when discussing their strategy.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pretty sure you can have private chat rooms on IRC, though it's been a loooong time since I've used that.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm i think a suikox chat room would get pretty crowded really quickly.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You would need a bot that sets a password on an IRC channel. They're available all over the Internet. Many networks can set them up for you so you can restrict entry to members who know the password.

If you want to create nation chatrooms, you'd need to create one channel for each nation.

As far as bandwidth goes, IRC is actually very low-bandwidth. It transfers less text than most HTML, for sure.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aydas_arrow wrote:
hmm i think a suikox chat room would get pretty crowded really quickly.

I don't know about that. it's not like theres ever a huge number of people on the fourms at one time (well most of the time.) I don't like Chats though (prefer fourms myself, not as hetic)
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

especially for those of us who really need to proof read what they type before posting, chat doesnt reall intrest me, but if highland wants one i will of course visit it and be the life and soul of the party
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wouldn't need the bot, just choose a network that has chanserv and possibly nickserv. That means Efnet is out of course... you need a botnet to protect your chan there though...

hehe double A in real-time, might be a bit much for us :D

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not something I'm against, but I know nothing about this type of technology. If people wanna do it, my answer is "go ahead."
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the way to do it is to start one up. When it becomes successful (read: there's at least five or six people on the channel at all hours of the day) then tell SARS and he'll probably consider posting a link up to it.

Don't look at me, though.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to be in on this.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hope someone know how to do this. yeah put it on irc. it would be nice to have our own chatroom.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's easy. Just use mIRC. Create a new chatroom, it's not hard, then just make it a permanent room. Set some mods. Then there you go.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: