Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tales of Legendia - Anyone playing it?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Tales of Legendia - Anyone playing it? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking of getting this game on the weekend and was hoping to solicit some opinions on the game from my fellow suikox members.

Having never played a Tales game before, I'm curious if this one is true to the series. I know lots of people enjoy the Tales series, so I was curious if this one has lived up to the prior games.

I found these two reviews from the big companies:
Gamespot's Review
IGN's Review

While the factual data pulled from those two reviews has peaked my interest, I was hoping someone a bit more focused on RPGs in general would have a comment or two about the game.

So, is anyone playing Tales of Legendia? If so, care to share a little bit about it?

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard it's the weakest Tales game and pretty average..I'm hesitant.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno. I liked Symphonia and I like most RPGs. I'd probably like it.
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i don't know about the game sounds like it will a little above average but weak compared to the other Tales of games (kinda like Suikoden IV)

my brother is getting it (though he doesn't have a PS2 so i get to play it)

so when i start/finish it i will post a report

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

um no.... :no:

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got this yesterday and I must say it's a lot of fun. It takes a little bit to get going, but I think it's worth it. It's not as great as symphonia thus far, but it has a great cast of characters, a somewhat intriguing storyline, and fun, addictive gameplay (just like all of them)

I'd say if you like Tales games or just a good rpg in general, this one is worth playing. Of course i'm basing this off of about 8 or so hours of gameplay...so things could change, for better or worse.
shadowdragonknight

12727 Potch
1326 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mod Note: Please don't talk about pirating games on the forums, as it's illegal. Thanks. :)
pardon: sorry for the trouble i cause in the past because i was still a kid at that time but now i understand more and i am matured a little, so i want to regain the pride and honor that is rightfully mine...
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm hesitant too. From what I've heard though from my buddy who's a big Tales fan is that the wait was not worth it. I've found I no longer have the patience to struggle through a bad RPG anymore and would hate it if I got this. I was severely let down by WA4.

Thanks for the info guys, I think I'll wait another few weeks or so before deciding and maybe pick it up on Feb 23rd.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently Tales of the Abyss is the best Tales game ever, and Namco is planning to bring that over. If sales for Legendia are good they made do it, but then I don't want to support anymore disappointing rpgs.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think ToL is disappointing. I'm only about nine hours into it, but I'm having a lot of fun so far.

The music is pretty good and the story so far is alright (although I am expecting some random twists pretty soon, and they're starting to surface). I like a lot of the characters... all of them, pretty much. It's hard to pick a favorite, but Moses is definitely near number one. He's just an oddball... Moses happy dance! Wtf.

There's a lot of intrigue in it, that's for sure.
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like total Barf.. The graphics alone are a reason NOT to get this game.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Graphics are never a reason to not get a game. In my opinion, choosing not to by a game solely on the graphics of the game is the lamest thing you can do.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I am a big fan of the older Tales' series; so graphics are certainly not a problem for me. I have yet to purchase this game, but when Suikoden V is released, that will be when I make my next import order. Tales of Legendia will be on that list, which is a definite thing.)

The story does sound rather good, and from the music I have heard, that aspect of the game seems impressive too. You should get this game at some point as well, Everyone's Grudge. Either way, you will probably end up getting it before me, since I have to wait for the Falenian Chronicles... (Or Suikoden V, as it is more commonly known.)
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard mixed things about this before the release, but the reviews that I've seen so far have been pretty decent. Right now I'm stuck between wanting to get this, Grandia III when it comes out, or both. If history repeats itself in terms of my buying habits, I'll probably buy both.

From the reviews and opinions I've read, the characters seem really quite interesting and well done, despite being somewhat cliched, and the story is OK but not anything fantastic. Doesn't sound like it's a deal-breaker either though, and I can usually still enjoy games like that if there are other compelling elements.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Will reminds me of Raine from ToS. But other than that the rental has been worth it. True, it is so far kind of cliced RPG, but then again most are lately it seems. Though the whole go in whatever o'clock on the map to get to X location is new to me in a RPG.

Spoiler possibly, Celes, how far are you? I'm assuming Moses joins you, but when? I just got to the waterway before I had to go to work.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: