Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Suikoden V Dorimaga Scans
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: New Suikoden V Dorimaga Scans Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are some new scans from the latest issue of Dorimaga :D

http://nihon.kaisho.org/Abel/Suikoden%205%20Scan%2020.jpg
http://nihon.kaisho.org/Abel/Suikoden%205%20Scan%2021.jpg
http://nihon.kaisho.org/Abel/Suikoden%205%20Scan%2022.jpg
http://nihon.kaisho.org/Abel/Suikoden%205%20Scan%2023.jpg

As you can see there isn't really much new, but it references all the other previous games it seems, including the gaidens. However, the big kicker here is all the official japanese romanizations for the characters thus far are shown, and lookie here they match the American names perfectly ;) So to all the naysayers out there that the Suikoden V localization/translation is shoddy or bad might want to rethink their stances ;). Anyways I hope you like them and if there is any new info contained within please let us know. Enjoy!

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey that's big news! Apparently they translated a lot of the names to English. Looks like we'll have to forget about "Drezzara" now. (Probably butchered the spelling.)

"LUN"? Darn it all . . . I like the translation of Lan better.

Saved the images just in case the images die.

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great I can see the people are going to be complaining about the names again! I like 'em though. The English names are great!
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmnn, yeah I'm fine with most all of the translated names...Zerase isn't the best (I think I just thought the other way was a lot cooler looking. I guess this is a lot easier to say though).
Ferid also sounds kinda weird to me..not saying it's wrong, but they changed rionne to lyon and then kept the "r" for his name" But whatever--it doens't matter so much in the end. Thanks for sharing those scans, Pes!
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Killey? No Kitty? ;~;

The scans are good eye candy. :D In the fourth, is that a man Viki is bathing with? o_O

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I can finally give up trying to spell Dzeressa.

Lymsleia is different, but I like it better then Limslair (sounds more feminine then Limslair did).

Luserina is good in that it finally makes it easier not to get it confused with Lucretia (at least for me).

Fuwalawaffle (close enough) is even more confusing then Fwafwal (or whatever). I didn't know that the American version could have that many letters in it...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually they can't. Big words act of '56 outlawed such a large name. We might not see it stateside if the coppers see his name!

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank god no Lauren and kitty or whatever.

The other names I could care less about really.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hurray for the end of the Kitty and Lauren fiasco!

I really do like the name Fuwalafuwalu ( foo wala foo walu ) - its very fun to say IMO. Also I like that they made Rin Fa into Lin Fa, which is more chinese since they have a lot of 'L's that Japan can't pronounce.

Excellent stuff ( saved to HDD )

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uhhh...Is that an actual law? If so, then where has it been all my life...I just wish that I learned about it sooner... :mrgreen:

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Duncan Gallagher

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best names are still the german ones like Zweig ;)
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lymsleia brings up vague Star Wars memories... but that's just me. Sounds okay, though.

I won't even touch Fuwalafuwalu.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Limsleia is a great name.

Nothing new really aside from the names thing, but it's nice they're acknowledging past games.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That first scan shows the hero in the McDohl outfit... never seen that before. I hope I can get that item quickly (maybe a data transfer bonus?) because I don't want to walk around in that man-dress. Killey looks like batman with a pirate hat *shrug*

Is there any good information in the scans? Anything worth translating? Maybe someone could give it a cursory look over to see if anything new is said?

Great news about the name translations. They all look pretty good. The Queen's name still looks like asshat everytime I read it though. Zerase is definitely easier to type.

Thanks for sharing

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That outfit is pretty old news, but I guess some people may have missed it because the plethora of news updates the past month or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: