Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Pale Gate Rune?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Pale Gate Rune? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm Just asking this quick.. Does anyone know if The "Pale Gate Rune" Is in this game? If this question was already answered then. can I nice admin/mod delete this? or like pm me with an answer?

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not known if it'll be in the game or not. With the Shield Rune being in the game, there is that possiblity that the Pale Gate Rune would be in it, but since we haven't seen it yet...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it will. If it really was in the game there should be a Gate stat like the new Fire, Water, Darkness, and ect. Not to say I wouldn't weclome it being in this time I just think the odds are a bit low saddly.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would be the Blue Gate Rune. I think Pale Gate was just a poor translation. And I think it's stat would be Star if it's in the game.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that Pale Gate was the official translation :? Well, I'm officially confused...

The Blue/Pale Gate Rune has always been one of my favorite runes in the entire series. The only spell that I didn't like was the fourth level spell. If you used it with someone that was excellent with the rune, then it could kill everyone, friend or foe.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Blue Gate was the official translation since it was in the first 2. I too want to see the Blue Gate rune come back, but like someone else said we have'nt heard much about it so there's a low possiblity of it appearing again.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was Blue Gate in S2 and Pale Gate in S3. Blue Gate is correct, not only because it was first, but because it is actually called the BLUE Gate Rune in the Japanese version of both games.

No word on it yet.

^Actual quote!
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username wrote:
I don't think it will. If it really was in the game there should be a Gate stat like the new Fire, Water, Darkness, and ect. Not to say I wouldn't weclome it being in this time I just think the odds are a bit low saddly.

Indeed there certainly was a skill for it in GS3, I remember it most because Sarah had an S rank in Pale Gate magic, but a Flowing rune permi-attached to her head! Boy was that infuriating! XD

She actually uses the Pale Gate rune in the strategy battles too, she wiped out some of my strong units by catching me with that one ><

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Pale gate was like the Back Gte and Blue Gate was the Front Gate. I think it makes sence they have different spells or is it just thier affects?

CLERKS
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The runes were practically identical although the Blue Gate was better since it's final spell did 90 damage to teammates rather than 500 or whatever it was in SIII.

The skill system is one of the most interesting things in Suikoden V but it's the one that we've heard the least about. :( I would like the Blue Gate Rune to be in it but I'd rather have the ressurection rune.
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username wrote:

Well, we know the Shield rune is back, but I never saw any mention of a skill for it. And if the skill system is anything like III's, the skills you listed may be more "general" skills, whereas only a few characters may learn the Shield or Gate skills, so they're not listed.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't this team the same one that did Suikoden 3?

Forum Poster, brings up a valid point. We just haven't seen it yet, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In S3, it's last appearance, only certain people could use it, even fewer had skill in it and through a normal play-through the chances were you'd only receive one.

The skill system is also interesting and if done incorrectly (like XS2 :damn:) can hurt the game. What I've seen in the screenshots is that each character collects their own skill points, just like S3. I think we'll see a skill system that has evolved from S3 more so than Suikoden Tactics.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Taleria

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Each character gains there own skill points? I'm fairly certain it was said that there would be a pool for skill points just like in Rhapsodia.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe, but when I looked at one of the system screenshots, it showed a status screen with SP for each member in the party. I had assumed it stood for skill points. I hope it's like Tactics though, since I disliked how the main characters and their group (like Nash, Sgt. Joe, Geddoe's crew) ended up with so many skill points that I would've loved to have given to others.

The image in question is here:

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/V/system/index.html
- 1st main menu (blue background), 2nd in the submenu (white background)
- image in the top right.

There's a prince pose with status on the right, loot on the left and potch/sp gains on the bottom.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps you'll have sp that each character gets, and then a pool that you can use for others that just join and the like....?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: