Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The PAL fact and rumour mill
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: The PAL fact and rumour mill Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought us PAL gamers could band together and share news and rumours about games coming/rumoured to be coming to our region.

First off some release dates:
Suikoden Tactics - 24/2/06
Shadow of the collossus - 17/2/06
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana - (has been delayed) 17/3/06
Final Fantasy XII - 31/3/06
Suikoden V - 1/9/06

some Rumours.

Japanesse mafia game ryu go gokuko is to make a western release, but under a different name.

disgiea 2 will be released for the PS2 and not PS3 as others have claimed, the first Nippon Ichi game penciled for the PS3 is actually 'Makai Wars' as sequel to Makai Kingdoms.

thats all for now, but i'll keep an ear to the ground.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF12 is hitting PAL in March 31st this year? They have north america listed in june 2006 on IGN.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 23/03/06
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows - 28/02/06
Aeon Flux - 28/02/06
Sword Of Etheria - 28/02/06

Rumour

Squeenix are still wishy washy with releasing Radiata Stories, thus far its looking at no release at all for PAL nations or a release with 1 year+ on the NTSC date.

Xbox360 release delayed for Aus/NZ, was apparantly pushed back 3 weeks from its original release date, there was speculation at first that this was ahoax by a zealous retailer but has since been backed up by almost every retail chain who would be stocking the 360, they blame the persistent 'supply problems'. According to those retailers this will then increase the amount of launch titles available when the 360 is finally released.

If history repeats itself as far as releasing goes the PS3 is rumoured to have a winter release for AUS/NZ and summer release for europeans, of course this will be subject to change as E3 rolls aorund as many things are. Sony have also somewhat leaked linking with the psp and some form of iTunes like system linked to their online efforts.

Last rumour for now. UT2007 may or may not actually appear on pc first as it is also being linked to being a release title for the ps3, though chances are they will be and this is all a publiciity stunt some of epics staff have stated that while they are big supporters of the ps3 they dont have plans for being a launch title, though some hournos and company seem to think its all a ploy.

Dates are what were released to the aussie public so there may be a 1-2 day discrepency + whenever stores want to finish preplaying and bragging about it (mumbles some curses in their direction) Theres a fair few releases dated for the feb-march time period on all consoles i just noted the ones that may be the headliners as far as people are concerned.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Final Fantasy XII is coming to Europe (I saw that release date in Play.com other than here) before the US, we are getting the same treatment the US got last time (FFX), basically a lesser version, though I doubt it, I don't really take that release for granted will wait and see.

Oblivion will probably be released when mentioned, Also the X-Box 360 collector's edition has been announced for Europe, don't know if there's a Collector's edition for the PC though.

OZ (Over Zenith) Will be released within February on the PS2 for PAL under the Name Sword of Etheria, or something, hehe.

Keep in mind that some Suikoden III Characters get a guest star appearance in that game (as skins).

I already have the Japanese version but I was waiting for PAL to do the sidequests, the Game will skip the US.
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden Tactics and The Sword of Etheria(OZ) actually get released on the 23rd.

My list'll consist of games that interest me and most probably interest the lot of you too (to put a some sort of a limit to it) so this post can be also mostly considered as the same as I would've posted in the "Games of 2006, which ones are you looking foward to?" thread.

Sony:
Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King: April (yes, they've dropped the VIII. It's like FF in America all over again)
Magna Carta: February
Stella Deus: March
Drakengard 2: 3.3.
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga: 30.6.

Shadow of the Colossus will have a cardboard box print much like ICO (which is going to have a re-release hand in hand with SotC) and it will include some extras on the disc like ICO, but not quite in the same sense.

Nintendo:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: 06
Nintendo Revolution: 06
Tales of Phantasia 31. 3. 2006
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 31. 3. 2006

and last but not least: FINAL FANTASY VII Advent Children DVD and UMD April 24th

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

thank god someone finnaly found the date for ff:advent children, its been driving me mad, and its also very good news that we can now sample the dragon quest series.

and are you sure about tactics? play.com have it down for next friday.

Im so glad i started this thread, just waiting for the confirmation of Shadow Hearts 3 and i'll be one very happy boy.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I have seen it in 'Game' for Pre-Order already. I wonder if will be any good or just alot of eye candy.
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aydas_arrow wrote:
thank god someone finnaly found the date for ff:advent children, its been driving me mad, and its also very good news that we can now sample the dragon quest series.

and are you sure about tactics? play.com have it down for next friday.

Im so glad i started this thread, just waiting for the confirmation of Shadow Hearts 3 and i'll be one very happy boy.
Well I did link to Konami's own site and one would think that it would be more reliable than play.com. And I don't think play.com had it for the 17th.

Goldmember wrote:
Quote:

I have seen it in 'Game' for Pre-Order already. I wonder if will be any good or just alot of eye candy.
Well judging from ICO and the reviews for SotC, it'll be a must have. Oh, and the release seems to be on 15.2. now.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah Zaj is right i was getting tactics confused with a different game, also ICO is being re-released at the same time as SotC, just incase anyone didnt know.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry for double post, but no one would see otherwise.

Tomb raider: Legends : 7/4/06 - This in the eyes of many is LaraS last chance to shine, the series became scrutinied for being too samey, then again for going to far away from the origional, for Ms Croft, this game is everything.

Dragon Quest: Journey of the cursed King 13/04/06 - Finnaly a PAL Dragon Quest game, personally i can't wait!

Final Fantasy XII 28/04/06 - Another push back for the date of this game, though the date still doesn't sit right , and will probably be subject to much more change.

Kingdom Hearts 2 : 28/04/06 - A very quick PAL conversion, about 5 months between this and Suikoden 5's release date, i not sure about this game, but then again i haven't complete Kingdom Hearts 1 yet.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

14th April 2006 Suikoden Tactics
- pushed back for what is currently the 3rd date (24-30-14)

30th March 2006 Aeon Flux
31st March 2006 Sword of Etheria
- also pushed back, by a month form its original release date, my my my all these delays

At leats the 360 console actually made it after the first delay.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:

Actually it's the fourth, Playstation.com.au still has it listed as coming out March 3 (they don't update that list very often).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

goodbye wrote:
eXistence of Fly wrote:

Actually it's the fourth, Playstation.com.au still has it listed as coming out March 3 (they don't update that list very often).

bah, it was never gonna come out March 3, that was wishful thinking in anyones thoguhts. That woulda been what 3 and a bit months after the NTSC release and no non mainline game series (of which suikoden isnt regarded as) comes out within 5.

Gamefaqs have the europe release listed as the 24th of feb, so im quite curious as to what the actual delay is if thats he case, maybe they forgot there was a southern hemisphere.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh i didn't realise that you guys downunder hadn't gotten the game yet. That sucks doods.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aydas_arrow wrote:
Oh i didn't realise that you guys downunder hadn't gotten the game yet. That sucks doods.

Some of Oceania i believe, not just Australia. One can understand why NTSC regions such as Japan and the USA get delays due to the language barrier. Though one can think that the language barriers in PAL nations only appear in the European nations and it would seem the distance as the problem. (Since most PAL distributer companies are based in Europe with only a few in Aus)

Still, at least we're not completely shunted which i cant complain about. I just dont see a reason for the mass delays considering Atari is living proof that there is quite a big market and its quite easy to release games simultaneously in PAL nations.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: