Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How about adding some new smileys?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: How about adding some new smileys? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have one smiley I think should be added to the forums. Maybe you'll agree?

Off-Topic
No No
Cursin'

Sometimes I want to express me cursing (such as about Xenosaga 2's battle system ). Cause man, that game's strategical gameplay stinks. But I should stop now before I end up...

So what do you think? Can we get these three smiley's added to the forums?

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember a fourm when i was younger......There where cool suikoden smiles... How about bringing that back? :*laugh*:

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Adding new smileys is not a problem. In fact, I think any moderator can do that. If not, Axiose or Synchysi can do it. Just drip any of them a note.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh great news. I'll PM Axiose about it.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

- a cat

- mad mod

- a dancing bannana

- lurking

- shifty eyes

- rant

- duel

- spud

Add these and all will be good.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I cannot view any but the dancing banana. I don't understand why that would be useful at all.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, maybe it would be useful once in a person's entire lifetime.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Surely the off-topic smiley would be useful in member-modding situations.

Y'know, that thing we can't do. Of course, major animated smilies annoy me. Winking or twitching mouth? Fine. Dancing banana (???), no, no, no, no.

Besides, how about some continuity here? Most of the smilies are blue here, save for two. Don't break continuity!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Off-Topic one can be used without Member Modding. It's all about the tone in which you use it. If someone runs in going

OFF-TOPIC! LOSER! GET BACK ON TRACK!

It's against the rules.

But someone coming in going

Hey guys we're a little Off-Topic here. Anyway, as per the discussion...etc, etc

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I don't mind smiles they will certainly make things colorful around here, though I don't use them much, I might use the mad one to save me of using asterisks to censor my own words and comic book symbol swearing, some Suikoden ones would also be welcome.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's just test this

:damn:

:cursin:

:cursing:

:no:

:nono:

:off topic:

:offtopic:

Okaaay, all works now.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I predict that this day shall be known in future times as the beginning of 'The Fall'.

Random Asshat wrote:
:?: :?: :?: guys i hve a questin. dose ne1 els tink dat yuber is ebil and kool :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: LOL srry im offtopic :off topic: :off topic: but hes th bst & no1 shud say diffrently :no: :twisted:

One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was hilarious... (The whole topic, actually. Especially the part Sars put in.)

I guess on some sites, 'smiley abuse' could become a problem and run rampant, but it is severely frowned upon around here, and if anyone was caught posting material such as which you listed in your quote...well I don't think they would be around for too long to annoy everyone. (If they persisted, though.)

Well, now that I think about it, that Banana could replace those two-page length posts I sometimes make! Really, nothing could better express what I want to say sometimes, like a Banana could! Erm, now that is getting a little overboard. :off topic:

I rarely use smilies on any occasion, except my lazy version of a wink.) Like that. Some cool Suikoden 'smilies and animations' would be nice, if they didn't bog down the site too much... Heck, I am on dial-up anyway, so advancements to Suikox have never made a difference to the speed for me. Perhaps the limit for smiles/images in a post could be reduced to six? Or eight. Who in their right mind, even in a really long post, would need more than eight damn smilies? That could solve that problem. (Unless a person made a one sentence post and used 8 images.)

Seriously though, with the amount of active moderators around here, I don't see this as ever becoming a problem too hard to handle. Nice post again, John.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks Axiose!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg_Prime wrote:
I remember a fourm when i was younger......There where cool suikoden smiles... How about bringing that back? :*laugh*:

*cries*

That was SuikoCastle and I was admin there. I regret not saving those smilies! They were awesome! Instead of using some lame angry face, you could use Chibi Luca Blight. And instead of a loving face, you could use Chibi Vincent de Boule.

And they were animated too! I'd love to get my hands on them again, but unfortunately Clive Van Houten has been out of the Suikoden community for quite some time. If I can find them though...you can bet your grandma I'll force them here.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: