Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Yun Question (Spoilers for S3 first-timers)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Yun Question (Spoilers for S3 first-timers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was Yun's death necessary? If Yun didn't die, would it have made a difference?

Cna someone explained to me how Yun's death made a difference and what would happen if she didn't die? THanx.
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Yun's death was to protect the True Water (or Fire, it was one of them) from Luc and the rest of them. I'm not really sure, maybe another member knows more about it. There's probably something about it in the info section.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that Luc would have been able to open the seal by himself, but that's Yun's death interrupted that and immediately opened the seal, stopping Luc and co from getting the power of the rune.

Correct me if I'm wrong?
King Jarrett

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yun died soo the seal couldnt be broken, and the seal left that area thats why luc and them went to the cyndar ruins to get the other seal, but then jimba died to protect it...

hahaha i think thats it well thats my theory..
correct me if im wrong
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, i think what you guys said was pretty much on the dot. Yun had a feeling that the Four Destroyers wanted to take the Seal of the True Water Rune, so that they could open that way in (remember that they couldn't get into those Sindarian Ruins in Hugo's Chapter 2). Yun sacrificed herself to protect that seal.

But it was open anyways since Jimba opened the seal. But why he did it, i don't know.

But there was something more about the sacrifice that was supposed to touch Chris in a way. i didn't really get that either.

In my philosophy, you can make a whole lot more of a difference alive than dead. You would deserved to be laughed at if you commit suicide, since life is made for you to put it to good use.

But i suppose that sacrifices are neccesary in certain cicumstances.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the point of her death was to show how different beliefs lead to different actions by people. Nash mentioned something like: "They curse us for cutting down trees for our roads, but look at what they do." The 'barbaric' grasslanders with their strange beliefs that lead to Yun's death.

I didn't understand why Yun had to die, but I think that was the point no? A lesson in perspective in my opinion.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that it was meant to show that people will go to great lengths even self sacrifice to protect the things that are important to them and their people no matter how futile an attempt it might be. Much like Holland or one of the other countries in that region in world war two when they decided to stick to their guns and protect their land in the face of insurmountable odds against the Germans. Hundreds of thousands of them died defending it and they didnt last very long but the simple fact that they stood their ground and fought anyway shows something about the sort of people they are. Similar things happened with Vietnam who fought losing millions of people against the Japanese and actually held them back in World War two. Maybe those are the messages they were trying to portray and it had nothing to really do with the storyline.

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When you play as Chirs you see Yun's soul in the rune thats the protection she gave it adds knew theorys about the soul of a true rune.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

luc wrote:
When you play as Chirs you see Yun's soul in the rune thats the protection she gave it adds knew theorys about the soul of a true rune.
hmm... :!: ...maybe it's something like the Star Dragon Sword. I guess that means that the Star Dragon Sword was actually a guy (or woman...you never know). Then there are the other True Runes. Do some of those have someone else's soul.

Sorry. I'm getting ahead of myself.

:!: But....this may also be relevant with the Rune of Punishment. After all, it consumed Brandeau and Glen, right?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luc

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

it consumed Brandeau and Glen, right?

How many people can be in one True rune after all if there are to many memories you'll go crazy.
red fang

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey, if true runes have the souls of their former bearers in them, then does that mean that the curent holder could tap into their memories and learn how to better handle their runes?

or, they could be overwhelmed by the memories, have the person that they belong to trie and take over thier mindes, and turn them scitsofrenic :)
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

hey, if true runes have the souls of their former bearers in them, then does that mean that the curent holder could tap into their memories and learn how to better handle their runes?

or, they could be overwhelmed by the memories, have the person that they belong to trie and take over thier mindes, and turn them scitsofrenic

It kind of explains it through Suikoden III, and I beleive that it's because of this that Luc has come to the decisions that he has.
luc

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I always thought that once Tir gets control over the soul deminion he could talk to Teo,Ted and Odessa.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy000's response is definately why the whole subplot was included in the game.

In a more pragmatic sense, though, how I understand it is that while it temporarily prevented Luc from getting the rune he eventually got his hands on it anyway, and so it didn't matter much, but when she did sacrifice herself they still thought it was needed. But still, it served to teach Chris many things about beliefs other than her own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: