Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A night out with members/Calling any Long Islanders
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only because people like you propagate such divisions between humanity with your semantics about 'location'.

Long Island is an island, the Isle of Man is an island, heck, all of Britain is an island, they're all islands. Your primitive views on distance are what I expect from someone without an advanced knowledge of relativity and time.

What, your island isn't long enough to be Long Island? Long Island not man enough to be the Isle of Man? Facist.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We also met Scarlet's girlfriend, who is a wonderful girl. Normally when you meet people and they brings their significant others, they kinda sit back and "let the boys talk," but she was very friendly and outgoing. Not that I can see Scarlet with someone who isn;t really cool, but I was very happy to meet her, too.

And about the service, this is an observation Trevoke made. I only wanted dessert, so I asked about ice cream. They only had vanilla, which is fine by me, so I asked if I could get a sundae with two scoops. The waiter looks at me puzzled for a second and then says "Two scoops? Like a sundae?" That was the waiter's most astute comment of the night. When I got my ice cream 20 minutes later (and Nailo had to work that night, so we were very rushed at that point) it was one scoop and it was served in a bowl that looked like an ashtray. Earthquake assured me that that was, indeed, and Applebee's ice cream bowl, but the waiter's math skills astound me. Maybe we should have brought a Muppet to explain the difference between one and two to him.

And the worst thing was that we got to Applebee's before 10 p.m. APPETIZERS WERE FULL PRICE!!!!! Oh the horror.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's exactly what I'm saying John. Long Island isn't Man enough to be the Isle of Man ;)

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But there's more actual men on Long Island while the Isle of Man implies a single man. The sheer ratio of Long Island men to Isle of Man... man renders your point moot.

These are the things you're supposed to learn in school.

Here's an even better query: Why are all the British and Irish users seemingly making plans to meet up in Long Island, USA, when they could bloody well meet up in, I don't know, ANYWHERE ON THE TWO NOT INSIGNIFICANT ISLANDS LYING OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN EUROPE?!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I can answer that question.

Britain and Ireland mostly consist of weeks of rain, weeks of mist, weeks of cold, and day of sun. The chances of accomplishing anything of note on anyone of those many weeks of bad weather is relatively low compared to the chances of doing something in large smoggy areas across the Atlantic. Plus the fact it's something to write home about.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wasn't aware the purpose of meeting up inside somewhere to eat and hang out required sunbathing weather.

Wusses. "wah wah its coooold outside i dunt wanna play mommy". It hasn't rained here since early December anyway.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

erm, what is sunlight? i dont think we get that here on the mainland. Dont tell me i have to go all the way to the isle of man to get it.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John, I know Mr.Axiose is a very manly man, surely he will make it up for all of the other men for your case :P.

Anyway, that's very nice Earthquake, I would love to meet up with members of my area, if only I had any that near.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In all fairness the resteraunt was packed. The service there is usually phenomenal, I don't know what was going on that night. I had a good time and my girlfriend ahd a good time, and that's what really couts. I wish Trinity had been able to make it but it was her father's birthday and she was stuck at home, plus she and my girlfriend don't get on too well. All I have to say is what a nice bunch of guys, Trevoke even drove me back to my house afterwards. However, Nailo's kindness wasn't really the aspect showing through when I rocked him at Soul Calibur 2. All in all it was a nice night and Ku, where in North Jersey do you live? If I remember correctly it's a bit of a drive to the city but it's doable from there.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Psssh, you mean to say you didn't even take a good illustrator as back-up?

WHAT KIND OF FORUM MEET-UP WAS THIS? XD

YAH NO KIDDING

I DIDN'T EVEN SEE A THREAD DECLARING A GENERAL MEETUP.

ITZ THAT SUIKODEN ELITISISM ISNT IT
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa, I don't show up for a week-end and I come back to this?

No, sorry, no cameras! I left mine by my keyboard, where it is, still, now. I suppose we're just gonna have to meet again, *sigh*.
:D We'll have pictures next time. Since we all enjoyed it (even Nailo. No, really, he exists. I think the problem is that the word filter destroys every sentence because every third word gets filtered), I see no reason to not do it again.

I'll agree with EQ on the fact that Sports Plus was fairly unlikable that night, but as I told you, "that guy is new". No one gives a crap about where you sit once they've been there for a while. What did his name tag say... "Director of recording" or something? "rec room broom-up-my-arse dude" ? And Applebee's was pretty bad, but it WAS incredibly packed, and our waiter was, indeed, eleven beers short of a twelve-pack. Okay, maybe 10.

I give Wataru the quote of the night with "And I'm the thin one!" ;-) Sorry, it's impossible to explain.

I'll cut the reminiscing short : it was a great night, it will happen again, and we'll have pictures :)
I'm sad that Earthquake didn't comment on my uber-mega-leet DDR skills, though. 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: