Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A night out with members/Calling any Long Islanders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: A night out with members/Calling any Long Islanders Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had the very fortunate opertunity to meet with a couple of the other boards members last night. Nailo, Scarlet Assassin(his g/f), Trevoke, Wataru, and I all got together to finally meet,and have some fun outside the board. We met at a local Arcade called Sports Plus, which I will probably never step foot into again, for reasons I'll get into later. I think we all had a great time we laughed alot, played a few games, and went out to eat at a local Applebees. Almost got into a couple of fights. Which is strange for me, very strange actually. The worst part is we, or atleast I almost wanted to throw down with the staff at Sports Plus, and Applebees.

Sports Plus has some very strange policies, 1 being to charge a $10.00 door cover to people under 18. I understand they don't want loitering, so it's okay. The only problem is that someone in the group forgot their id and was forced to pay. Okay, he should have remembered but fine. Then several times we were asked to move from different areas. This happened no less then 3 times. That wouldn't have bothered me, but when other people congrated in those same areas, with the same staff around nothing was said. Okay fine. We step out for air, the guard watches us all leave. When we return, we are asked for id. Now as some of you know I am saddened by the fact that I am one of the oldest people on the board. I am 31. I have a scruffy goatee, 6 feet tall, and am the size a small country. I also don't think I look so young any more. So after most of the group shows id, I am asked for mine. My reply was a stunned "What????" I don't even get asked for id when I buy beer. "I told him, "Look I am 31." Most of the group started laughing,m and instead of him being like sorry it's jusy my job or something humble like that. I get "Well I AM older then you."

Well enough about that Michael Bolton place. We decide we are hungry, and want to eat. We were seated relatively quickly, and our waiter comes and takes my drink order, I order alcohol, no problem/no id asked for. Our drinks come everything is fine, my drink is gone in about 20 seconds. We order bout 4 appetizers, I order a meal, having not eaten diner at this point. 1 appetizer comes, then 20 minuted later. The rest of the food comes. That should have been a warning. So we are eating, spilling board secrets to each other. Just kidding, but you get the idea. Half hour after the meal comes our plates are removed, and I get dessert with my meal, and someone ordered a brownie. We should be done soon I am thinking, well be leaving soon. Anoter 20 minutes went by. Now I orderd cheesecake, and a brownie was ordered. Granted they have icecream, and whip cream on them, it should not take 20 minutes to make, unless you are milking the cow, and whipping by hand. Where is our waiter, he's coming with some plates that look like ours, but nope, he then disspears. 10 minutes later, 2 plates are brought out. Both with brownies. "Uh, this isn't what I orderd, I asked for cheesecake." Now if you really now me. I don't like to make waves, so I am thinking, and believe I say "Let's just get the bill and go." We would have BUT our waiter once again is no where in sight. My cake is brought out by the manager, and he tells us there will be no charge for the brownie, we ask for the bill. THAT came promptly. So all in all, we had fun but will probably go somewhere else next time we get toghter.

So after all that ranting, and raving I was wondering if there are any other member in the area, 1 would they like to meet up with us when we get together again, and 2 what to do. So if you're interested give me your opinion.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahah..that really sounded like a "interesting" time...sorry though buddy...I only live in Western Wisconsin :-/. It'd be quite a drive...in a way though I am quite jealous you got to meet some of the members atleast at a very unpersonal setting..sounded like it was a pretty good time!

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it was fun. Not to mention that Sportsd Plus had the original Simpsons Arcade game, which, along with X-Men and Ninja Turtles, forms the Holy Trinity of old school four-player arcade gaming. Scarlet and I did a little two-player action, but the four-player Simpsons bonanza avoided us since Homer and Marge didn't work. Well, I always knew Scarlet was cool, but I actually got to meet Trevoke, who is really a great guy, too.

Although its funny, when I mentioned to people I work with that I was going to meet some people I knew online IRL, every single person said "Are you sure that's safe?"

And I got carded at the arcade, too, just so Earthquake doesn't feel too bad. Also, Scarlet can now validate that Nailo (EQ and my mysterious third roommate who is a part-time member here) is in fact a real person!

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ralph wrote:
Also, Scarlet can now validate that Nailo (EQ and my mysterious third roommate who is a part-time member here) is in fact a real person!

I don't believe you. Nailo is a story made up by SARS to scare double posters.

Eric wrote:
So after all that ranting, and raving I was wondering if there are any other member in the area, 1 would they like to meet up with us when we get together again, and 2 what to do. So if you're interested give me your opinion.

I live relatively close to Long Island. It's only a couple of hundred miles or so, give or take a thousand or so.

Francis wrote:
I live on the other side of the state.

Sorry guys. Red can't hook up with you either. Not until Summer anyway.

I however, have learned about Sean's pants, which may seem off topic here, but in fact, are not. I can't describe how great they sound because I lack the mental imaging to convey them. However, I'm sure EQ will gladly tell you all what he was wearing.

*Points out all the times he had an oppotunity to use people's real names*

Last edited by Ley on Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, When you were in the Nameless Lands, I mentioned that I will be in the area over the summer so if a meeting could be coordinated at that point, I'd be very appreciative. Originally I just wanted to meet Scarlet, You, Watau and Nailo but now that I know Trevoke is in the area, I'm willing to hang out with him as well. My problem is though that I will be with at least two other people (My girlfriend and one of my good friends and possibly her boyfriend). The only one from the area is my friend's boyfriend and he might be able to provide help in the "what to do" field, but I personally am of no help. Being not from the area, you could technically show me the most mundane of things that I, up in Buffalo, have not seen or done. It would be like me going to a Sabres game or to the Niagara Falls. For me it is a blah thing to do, but for out of towners its wicked awesome.

Also, on my way down there I'm trying to persuade my travelmates to swing into Northern New Jersey to see Kuwaizair. She's a fun person and I speak with her relaitively frequently on AIM. Maybe if things get coordinated well she might be able to tag along also, but that would entirely depend on her and her schedule. Since we will have several months to plan this excursion, I thing we might be able to come up with a decent itinerary.

I used to work at my local Applebee's and I am absolutely appauled that service was that horrendous. I think if you were at my Applebee's our manager would have given you more than the Brownie for free. Also, if I'm with you and anything like that happens, I'm not taking any slack because I am the one who is paying for the food and the timely service whan I do not get what I am paying for I either do not pay or make themgrovel at my feet. I don't take any crap from people who work at a restaurant for a living.

I think if we go into the Big City and get to a decent part of town, we can have a load of fun. I've never done anything there so I'll be quite amused, as will my companions. Its entertaining you locals that will be the challenge. But again, we can plan that in advance. As soon as I get a date from Maxx (my friend) I'll PM Quake and Wataru about it and we can start coordinating this event. I'm already saving for this trip and have been since December. It will be a lot of fun and I can't wait to go and meet you all! Now I'm all excited.. Yipee!

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pics, please.

What? You have to have pics for these kinds of meetups.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't drink and LI is a "drive" away. But Maybe somthing one day could be done....but what? I'm no fun for some of you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess it takes a waiter to tell the difference between a teenage boy and a thirty-something man. D: Anyway, I'm glad you guys had fun, despite some of those little problems. But too bad. xD

Unfourtunately, I live nowhere near Long Island. I don't even know where it is! :D But I hope you have fun if you ever go out with the board members again.

And yes~ I wanna see pictures. Someone must've brought a camera, right? xD

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds like fun. Maybe I'll go you know, I'm in Brazil right know and I'm 16. So amybe when I have 18 and more money we can plan something. You will just have to wait half year. But serioulsy, maybe someday we will have the chance.

Anyway. It must have been cool. I only know Trevoke and Quake and they are both cool dudes, Scarlet and wataru mus be cool too at least for what Quake and Ley say.

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
Pics, please.

What? You have to have pics for these kinds of meetups.

Scarlet forgor his camera. So sorry Guys, and gals. No pics.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Psssh, you mean to say you didn't even take a good illustrator as back-up?

WHAT KIND OF FORUM MEET-UP WAS THIS? XD

(Just kiddin'. It sounds pretty awesome you guys were able to get together like this. XD)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey the next time i am over in the States we have to meet up!

Although it will not be this year.......going to Thailand instead!

But we hope to do a couple of stops in America next summer.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, like Ley, live nowhere near Long Island - though I am planning a trip to meet some old friends in a few years it won't be any time soon.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You live on an island of some description, so logically you can't be too far away.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We're not in one big allied nation of sorts...

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: