Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V Japanese Tsutaya Trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By clan, he's talking about the Lovelle family.

Also, the rune that the hero seems to end up having (based on what he uses in the battles) is either the dawn or dusk rune, which is not a true rune.
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
By clan, he's talking about the Lovelle family.

Also, the rune that the hero seems to end up having (based on what he uses in the battles) is either the dawn or dusk rune, which is not a true rune.

Speaking of the Lovelle family, anyone can find out about them in Username's Suikoden V Quick Reference Guide.
Keiya

Deep Ground

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the translation, Sars. It's helped quite a lot.

And as of right now, I am thoroughly convinced that unless Konami makes a major screw-up, Suikoden V's gonna be an excellent game. As in, 8.5 to 9.5 out of 10 excellent.

I'm wondering though... I kinda like the 3D map of Suikoden IV to some extent, because it allows you to see the small details on the models (AKA I get to view Jeane up close!!!). Sinde Suikoden V is full 3D, with no pre-rendered backgrounds (I think), I hope they add that too. :D

|Your kind and gentle words can't heal me now. This body's only dedicated to the never ending fight.|
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It wasn't a great trailer, being that almost everything had been shown before but translations (Expecilly what Lucretia says) was cool!

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Duncan Gallagher

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well now its over. This video forced me to register myself here. Iam from germany and i wanted to say that i really really enjoy this game already seeing this videos.

Iam sure this game will be one of the best in the current console gen and cant wait to play it. :/ I really love the Suikoden series. One of the best i ever have played.
Kanes_Inferno

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
I finished translating it. Now I'm waiting for upload onto the suikox server to complete. I have enough bandwidth.

Edit: Okay, it's done.

AVI version (lighter):

http://suikox.com/movies/s5trans4.avi

Daaamn, that's an awesome video. Thanks for the translation, well done. That just got me wayyy more hyped about it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks Sars!
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm....I also have that death feeling from everyone and the kitchen sink. The most likely victims would be Lyon, Arshtat, and Limslair though.

The prince dying, that would be unpredictable...

Another thing is that in one of the minature battle scenes, you seem to be back at Falena Castle, but not with the same team that was with you before. One of the guys seems to have a blue outfit on (somewhat like that blue dragon rider dude).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
Another thing is that in one of the minature battle scenes, you seem to be back at Falena Castle, but not with the same team that was with you before. One of the guys seems to have a blue outfit on (somewhat like that blue dragon rider dude).

That is the Blue Dragonhorse Rider. He is standing next to the Red Dragonhorse Rider.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I figured that, but I wasn't certain...

I wonder what leads up to the return to Sol Falena and the castle. We'll find out in a little under three weeks. This game will have us guessing until someone plays it....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What Sars said about him seeing Lyon surrounded by light inspired me to check out this trailer and the 1st Official Trailer from Gamespot for easily missable details. By using Quick Time Player's frame-by-frame feature, I was able to notice the things listed below.

Tsutaya Trailer:

1:00-1:01 = Godwin Soldiers are being blown away by an explosion like rage dolls.

1:14 = Strange explosion that reminds me of the Blazing Camp combo spell. I wonder if this indeed the Blazing Camp combo?

2:09-2:10 = Behind Lan and Log's Unite Attack, you can see a "Red Capped Youth", Roy (formerly "Angry Dude" from Sars' Character List), and "Sword Dude B" (also from Sars' Character List) starting to perform what maybe the Pretty Boy Attack.

2:49 = During the brief flash of light in between scenes, you have the Queen using what appears to be the Sun Rune. This maybe from the scenes where the Assassins that come with the Godwin Soldiers attack the Queen in the Throne Room.

2:50 = Like Sars pointed out earlier in this thread, during another brief flash of light, Lyon can be seen smiling at something while surrounded by light.

1st Official Trailer from Gamespot:

0:18 = Gizel and Dolph are on the bridge in Sol Falena-like HQ. Zegai is below them and what appears to be Limslair (character with arms stretched out) is to their left-hand side on the same level as the bridge.

0:20 = You can see the Obel Soldiers located in the lower right-hand corner as pointed out a long time ago. In addition to the Obel Soldiers, underneath the Konami sign is Jeane with her staff as correctly speculated a while back.

6:14 = I just wanted to point out the "Fat Dude" (see the Sars' Character List) is wielding a giant metal fist rather than a large club.

8:42 = You have Sialeeds, Lelei (I think), Georg, the Prince, Lyon, and the Spear User located above Roy on the Official package art battling against a creature who looks similar to Kurt Zisa from Kingdom Hearts.

8:53 = You have Lyon, the Prince, Georg, Sialeeds, a Mage wielding a staff tipped with what looks similar to the Queen's crown, and an Obel Soldier (I believe this is "Girl C" from Sars' Character List as someone speculated in another thread) fighting against the gi-normous Fish monster.

9:57 - 10:07 = You can see a lot of interesting scenes that reveal a lot of the plot.

Last edited by Holy Paladin on Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps they want us to think that Lyon is going to die. Then they'll surprise us by keeping her alive or something.

Hmm...Perhaps they use Roy as a decoy or something like that as one of Lucretia's strategies...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Keiya

Deep Ground

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spear guy's name is Galleon. :lol: I think the inspiration for his weapon is the ro-chin and timbei, a short spear and shield type of fighting technique that came from Okinawa.

|Your kind and gentle words can't heal me now. This body's only dedicated to the never ending fight.|
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, Galleon is the old Queen's Knight. That's been know for months.
Keiya

Deep Ground

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, yeah, but still, the guy looked like Galleon. And yeah, I think I was right on when I said Galleon's style was taken from that OKinawan style of fighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: