Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: True Runes and Rockstars
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

R&B was just coined as a musical marketing term. It described the mix of Blues and Jazz often (but not exclusively) played by black musicians at the time. The 60's and 70's weren't exactly known for their amazing free rights records, so as a result, R&B wasn't overly popular. The Who popularized the style before Led Zeppelin, and while seeing evidence of the blues in their music is easy, jazz as always is a little harder to find (hint: Try the walking bassline for Pinball Wizard, for example). The Who weren't the first, nor were they the last R&B act in the history of music, but the way they popularized the genre is one of the big reasons it is one of the biggest genres of music today.
Anton Misri

Mages of Cups

165978 Potch
6363 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Do you like to see more articles like this that make outlandish claims?

Yes, this type of dissertation is very entertaining and I like it very much.

2. What did you like/dislike about the article?

I think it was very funny. I do not know very many things avout rock & roll, but the tone of the dissertation was humorous.

3. Did the article make you laugh? why/why not?

Yes, it was very funny!

Crossfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i only have one thing to say, that Axl Rose after pic is not Axl Rose, its just some lookalike.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erven wrote:
i only have one thing to say, that Axl Rose after pic is not Axl Rose, its just some lookalike.

I think that was supposed to be a joke, relating to how Axl may have "stagnated" with comparison to Harmonia with the effect of the Circle Rune. Obviously I can't speak for the author but that seems like the best best. :lol:

I think that the article was a bit too vague and kind of made assumptions with no evidence for doing so, but was a nice read, thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: