Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Rules for Maritime Territories and Naval Battles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You wrote that the development of each port allows you to build certain ships and not others, what will be the necessary development to build each ship?
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Naval Rules wrote:

When going on a voyage, a fleet must be put together. A fleet can be made of 1~3 combat vessels, and one of the captains of must be named as a commodore. Also, an unspecified number of cargo ships (maximum number will be the sum of the RNG of all ships within the fleet) will tag along. Each cargo ship can carry up to 5000 soldiers. A fleet must also choose a strategy, which will determine how the fleet fights the battles.

Okay so that answers that. But if only 1 ship is sent and they receive no resistance at the port, they are then allowed to fight on land for the claim of the entire region. With that said, can only the people placed on that one boat (Captain/Commodore and the Artillery and Marines) fight for that region or can you have more usable fighters as passengers aboard that vessel? Or would all other troops be aboard the Cargo Vessels?

What happens if a fleet loses its Commadore? Is the battle lost? Does the boat with the Commodore gain an added bonus? Can the Commodore be hidden on a Cargo Ship?

If a vessel is boarded and taken are the other nation's captains held as hostage or do they escape by way of lifeboats? I'm just covering all angles...

In the example of Zexen here, since they have control of that port, but not the region nor the PP to attack the region, can they build boats there and just live off the port there?

Is it possible to take Naval superiority of a region and not invade the following phase and still maintain control of the port or is that rule still in effect? If that rule is not in effect any longer is there a way for a region to seize control of its port if it is taken by another nation if they don't have another port to fight from?

In the example of Falena and Nameless Lands, they have ports sharing Naval superiority markers. If that superiority falls, can the nation that took it invade both regions the next phase?

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yes, good question. The answer is potch / 10000. This means the only region that can make Galleons at this moment is Arlus.

Methods to increase regional stats will be introduced next phase.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can ships be lended to other nations as allied units?

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So technically if I had the money I could buy a man-o-war right now only it would be useless since no nation could use it (due to not having an advanced enough port), but mercs can buy regardless of port since it depends to who we hire to?

Also until we hire we would be captains of our entire armada at the same time or some of our ships will be captain-less?

And I guess there is no limit in the number of vessels we can buy?

Can we go on a naval adventure?

And how will we gain those cool extra stuff like a rune cannon, it will be the same way as nations or mercenaries miss out of all that cool stuff?
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
So technically if I had the money I could buy a man-o-war right now only it would be useless since no nation could use it (due to not having an advanced enough port), but mercs can buy regardless of port since it depends to who we hire to

I believe they would be able to use a Man-o-War, the development thing only deals with building the ship. But that does raise a good question, how is the development stat established with mercenary units?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't think about this, but I just thought of it. I sill set the mercenary development stats at 25. This means the Xebec is the best a mercenary can buy.

Mercs who buy more than one ship can still only be a captain of one ship. It'll probably be a good idea to keep a record on which ship is yours.

Naval adventures? Of course!

gaining special extra stuff will likely be through adventures, or some other random reason I might come up with on some rainy day.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stat-wise are all vessels of the same type equal? Will all caravels for example have the same stats as Old Rum Barrel? I assume different specials will be gotten from explorations, like finding a washed up rune cannon or something.

How big a increase are we talking for increasing the stats of regions, will it only be limited by our potch or is their a max per phase?

And this one's purely superficial, will we get to name the ships we create?

EDIT: Are soldiers lost when a cargo ship is destroyed?
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We get to name ships.

Sars said that the attack power for one, depends on who is assigned to the ship.

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I take off my hat to you, Sars. This is an amazing addition to the War System. Hopefully, this will lead to even more growths in the system. :D
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To echo everyone else: These additions are intense. They're fricking cool, but I can't imagine the headaches keeping track of all this causes.

Anyway, I have a few pretty stupid questions, but I just want to be clear.

1) Do naval battles still take up an entire phase, or are they preludes to land battles?

2) If you put vessels on active patrol, can they still be used to fight a naval battle? And as a corollary, can you use their captains/marines/artillery officers in other battles?

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How do Boarding Battles occur? If Nation A boards a ship of Nation B and Nation B loses the battle, do they lose the ship or is the ship weakened?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:

Okay so that answers that. But if only 1 ship is sent and they receive no resistance at the port, they are then allowed to fight on land for the claim of the entire region. With that said, can only the people placed on that one boat (Captain/Commodore and the Artillery and Marines) fight for that region or can you have more usable fighters as passengers aboard that vessel? Or would all other troops be aboard the Cargo Vessels?

If you have only one combat vessel, and you want to carry other members, you can put them in cargo ships. However, cargo ships don't need any commanders.

Quote:

What happens if a fleet loses its Commadore? Is the battle lost? Does the boat with the Commodore gain an added bonus? Can the Commodore be hidden on a Cargo Ship?

Yes, if the commdore's ship (the flagship) is defeated, the fleet is defeated. Whomever is left would return to their port of origin. A commodore can not be in a cargo ship.

Quote:

If a vessel is boarded and taken are the other nation's captains held as hostage or do they escape by way of lifeboats? I'm just covering all angles...

They will escape somehow.

Quote:

In the example of Zexen here, since they have control of that port, but not the region nor the PP to attack the region, can they build boats there and just live off the port there?

They don't have control of the port. They simply have control of the sea around the port.

Quote:

Is it possible to take Naval superiority of a region and not invade the following phase and still maintain control of the port or is that rule still in effect? If that rule is not in effect any longer is there a way for a region to seize control of its port if it is taken by another nation if they don't have another port to fight from?

This rule is no longer in effect.

Quote:

In the example of Falena and Nameless Lands, they have ports sharing Naval superiority markers. If that superiority falls, can the nation that took it invade both regions the next phase?

Yes.

hawkthanatos wrote:
Stat-wise are all vessels of the same type equal? Will all caravels for example have the same stats as Old Rum Barrel? I assume different specials will be gotten from explorations, like finding a washed up rune cannon or something.

Each vessel class have same base stats, but there will be some variations. For example, Sigurdr the Black's Caravel has better stats than an average caravel.

Quote:

How big a increase are we talking for increasing the stats of regions, will it only be limited by our potch or is their a max per phase?

This will be revealed in phase 10.

Quote:

And this one's purely superficial, will we get to name the ships we create?

Yes

Quote:

EDIT: Are soldiers lost when a cargo ship is destroyed?

The same death rule applies.

Shrew wrote:

1) Do naval battles still take up an entire phase, or are they preludes to land battles?

They will still take the whole phase, but depending on the route you take, you may go throgh multiple battles.

Quote:

2) If you put vessels on active patrol, can they still be used to fight a naval battle? And as a corollary, can you use their captains/marines/artillery officers in other battles?

If they are in active patrol, that ship and it's crews (including the captain, artillery chief, and marines chief can not be used elsewhere). For this reason, you may want to keep patrol fleets small, while keeping a large fleet on standby so they could be sent to intercept the enemy.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Timbo wrote:
How do Boarding Battles occur? If Nation A boards a ship of Nation B and Nation B loses the battle, do they lose the ship or is the ship weakened?

They lose the ship, and the winner takes it as their prize.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: