Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

King Says: "Suikoden translation has been good."
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: King Says: "Suikoden translation has been good." Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In his log updated today, King stated that fans in the USA must be very passionate about Suikoden because the translation is good.

Hey, everybody. Please go to his blog and leave comments; otherwise, we'll end up with more Roaring Brotherhoods and the dozen or so names for Nameless Lands.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, they have been pretty good about localizing (at least in Suikoden III and IV). But yes, the multiple names has been getting confusing and frustrating. I pray that Suikoden V will resolve the Syndar vs. Cyndar ordeal!

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a joke right?

He seriously thinks that the translations are good, does he speak ****ing English?

Eh, were can I find a link to his blog?

I'll give him a piece of my mind, eh as politely as possible of course...

*grumble* I'll show him passion... *grumble*
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We should start using our True Godspeed and True Holy Runes on him! Let's not forget our talking cats, and less we forget the traders that speak the tough called garble! (Or sing to him without a voice!)

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here:

http://www.blog.konami.jp/gs/genso_v/2006/01/000999.html#more

There's a text field to the bottom. The first field is your name, the second is your homepage address, and the third is where you leave comments. The button under the text field is "submit," so all you gotta do is press it after you're done.

Additions are not immediately reflected though.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know what happen with this guy.
Umm does he know that Suikoden is known for poor grammar and uncertain (what is the correct word?) translation like Sindar and Cyndar?

When a word translated to another often the taste of the word is missing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Done, a bit longer than I first thought, by I tried to contain my self...

It's a bit insulting in a way to claim that "we are passionate because of the translation"...

You will see what I posted there, no need to post it here it will surface eventually...
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly the translations are fun! It allows you to tell who has or hasn't really paid attention, and creates a lot discussion. And you can't tell me that seeing them mention the True Holy Rune in IV didn't make you laugh. I told him that while bad translations are a hall mark of the US version I would rather have bad translations than none at all (See SIII and PAL.)

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I think whenever I see Suikoden fans being very passionate, it's because of translation.

I mean how many times have you seen: "NO GOD DAMN IT! THE TRUE HOLY RUNE IS A MISTRANSLATION NOT A TRUE RUNE! AAAARRRRGGGGH!" "WHAT THE HELL IS THE ZEXEN RUNE?" "LEON DOESN'T FOLLOW THE GOD DAMN YOU STUPID TRANSLATORS!" "SINDAR CYNDAR SYNDAR CINAFSAFSFNONE I AM CONFLICTED!"

The fanbase wouldn't be nearly as exciting if he had consistent translations.

But oh my, it's the box art! I wonder what he says about that?

Oh, and the Steelers. I'm guessing these pictures are from North America then, and they've actually held that holy symbol in their hands.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I honestly don't know how King think the translation is good. THere's the whole Sindar/Cyndar thing, as well as the "SiaLEEDS" thing in the game. I'm sorry but that's not good translation.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What the hell? I posted a comment today and it was posted and now it's gone!
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

King's right about us American fans being passionate about Suikoden, but I have to agree with Arenegeth here... he probably doesn't speak English :shock:

And like poorguy171 said, I really do appreciate how quickly they localized and released Suikoden 3 and 4 here, but the translation, especially the consistency, could use some work.
I understand that meanings are often lost in translation, but... Glowing Hand Mirror? Come on, it has been Blinking Mirror for 3 Suikodens, how could they mistranslate it in Suikoden 4? :?

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that it is that bad of translations. The only problems I've really had with any translations is Cyndar/Sindar and Blue/Pale Gate Rune.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, apparently some dumbass magazine interviewer asked "Is GEORGE Prime the same GEORGE Prime from Suikoden 2?" Because of this King things that the US version of Suikoden actually calls him Geroge. Japanese fans replying to his blog are saying, "Wow, so they call him George in the USA."

Man.... *calms down self*

I need to go to the shooting range.
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So the game is going to have Georg named George??? Is King a new employee at Konami or did someone familar with the series not realize the feed up translations?

And I second the "Does King know English?" question because his blog is mostly in Japanese.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: