Suikoden United and Inspirational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

xenosaga 2 : special DVD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: xenosaga 2 : special DVD Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So i just bought a copy of Xenosaga ep 2, and i popped the special DVD (the special DVD is what we got in the PAL regions to make up for episode 1 not being released, it basically contains all of the cut scenes form the first game)

so there i was innocently sitting down waiting to see some of main plot points that i missed, and what do i get!? hours and hours of seemingly made up nonsence with no explination, and just when one gets a jist of what is going on, it cuts away to something completly different, it angered me, it took me 3 sitting to get through the whole thing.

now im just wondering, am i alone? am i the only one who just didnt get parts of it at all? for most of the time i was just sitting drooling whenever KOS-MOS when into a crazy fight scene. serously though, this game has multi lingual subtitles, therefore it couldnt of taken too much to translate thhe spoken word into the main PAL languages also, so therefore this made it SO easy to just bring the game in its entirity to the region instead of this slap in the face that was the 'special DVD' - this angers me, what are your thoughts?
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't worry. The game itself didn't make much sense either.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was'int confused at all but then agian I'm albe to under stand Xenogearses story.

CLERKS
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xenogears isn't confusing at all really. XS isn't confusing either, it's just that the plot is horribly written. Or rather, monolithsoft edited the ORIGINAL XS plot so we have what we have today. Sucks.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I don't have the Xenosaga 2 Special DVD, but I have the Limited Edition Xenosaga DVD. It's the North American equivilant. xD I doubt there's much difference.

What I hate about what Namco did is that they gave you guys a cutscene DVD and you don't really get the time to absorb everything. I mean, I was kinda still confused at the end of Episode 1 and I had time to take it in and play out the game, but you didn't. But I wouldn't pause my DVD after every scene if I hadn't played Episode 1. xP

What I would've liked Namco to do would either be to release Episode 1(which is kinda late for that~), or not give the DVD. Meh. :| Just play Episode 2 and have fun. You'll get the story sooner or later. And Episode doesn't really add much to the whole story, anyway.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That DVD you got wasn't supposed to explain the story of XS1. It was just meant to be a collection of cut scenes.

And trust me...XS1 is ten times better than XS2. XS2 is one of the worst sequels ever made. By far.

^Actual quote!
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I beg to differ. I liked XS2 better. I haven't been that hot on the plot of both games, but it is slowly unraveling. Well, i haven't seen the end of it yet, but i like XS2 so far.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Blue Thunder. XS2 didn't even come close to the first one, in my opinion. The graphical style was horrible, they made Shion look like a street punk, and the worst thing of all...the battle system. XS2 has one of the worst battle systems I have ever seen. It's almost impossible to do any damage to the enemies. Random battles end up feeling like boss fights, and I found most of the party members to be useless. MOMO was my heaviest hitter...

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
I beg to differ. I liked XS2 better. I haven't been that hot on the plot of both games, but it is slowly unraveling. Well, i haven't seen the end of it yet, but i like XS2 so far.

Som..someone liked XS2 more than XS1? This is the first time I've seen this. That's pretty interesting.

Granted, I don't think any of the XS series is worth writing home about. XS1 to me was average, and XS2 was far below that. I don't know why I'll be buying XS3...I just don't know why. Probably because it's going to be the last one and I want resolution..also, I have an undying love for Xenogears.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Many people I've spoken with enjoyed Xenosaga 2 more than Xenosaga 1. It apparently had better pacing in the storyline, and many I know enjoyed the battle system, once they figured it out. The main complaint was that using the system made boss fights too long, but apparently it was a good display of strategy or reflectes, or something.

I'm of the opinion that Xenosaga is really not worth writing home about either. Xenogears was dear, but only the first time through; I couldn't stand playing the game a second time. It was much too painful and I hold on only to the nostalgia of experiencing the story for the first time.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

XS2 did not have better pacing. Half of the game is in the Encephalon.

And the battle system is nothing strategic because you HAVE to use one and only one way to vanquish enemies. That's not strategic, that's just horrible design, because after you've found out to kill that enemy, you can only use that type of attack on them to make attacks effective. Thus, it's pretty much the most repetitive battle system of all the rpgs I've played. It had potential with the moving around the battle field thing, but other than that it wasn't executed well.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm i kind of get what your saying about the battle system , im finding it really hard to beat the boss monster on the way to the beach in the encephalon, i just cant seem to get the damage. MOMO is also my best hitter, which i find very strange since ive been trying to set her up as a healer, shes good at that too. i tend to take Chaos, MOMO and jr. into this fight, does anyone have any tips on how to beat it? oh and can we please keep spoilers to a minimum please, i know there havent been any yet, but just in case.

back on topic, so your saying that this DVD isnt meant as a catch up for the series? and if it has been released in the US im guessing that its not a special addition either, PAL region screwed again? i think so, making us think were getting something extra, damn namco

as for shions new look, i like it, but i think its a bit odd how she never removed her glasses in ep 1 and now she can suddenly see perfectly without them. i however dont like chaos's new look, i prefer the Orange.

im begining to see a pattern, it seems that all of the characters are somehow inter-related through one event or another, as long as its not another 'we all went to the same orphanage' moment i dont mind that much.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Once you find out the element or whatever enemies are weak to the battles in 2 are easy, but tedious. If I remember correctly a certain wacko was weak to fire, just fill everyone's boost gauge full, use Ziggy and then put fire into the attacks of the other two. Time it out so just one person is in the turn window and start boosting or whatever it is so that the characters just start going one after the other and you'll soon get a damage multiplier to really hurt him.

And stealing 20 awakeanings from that lady with the 2 different color swords to pay off the debt was annoying, and time consuming but to me that was the easiest way to do it.

Spoiler

Lets see Shion and Citan, er Jin are sister and brother. Jr. and Momo are both connected by Mizrahi's daughter. Shion helped create KOS-MOS. Ziggy, well he's the one I'm stupmed on, well chaos also. But something tells me chaos isn't quite human.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's the connection with Abel dammit. That's what I wanna know. Stop teasing us Xenogears fans
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spoiler

From what I've seen so far, wait till episode 3. I've seen a pic from 3 with him in with Shion, at least I think its Shion.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: