Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Partial list of changes for Phase 9
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Partial list of changes for Phase 9 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whilst Sars is busy finishing off some things for phase 9 - here are a few of the changes that will be made for Phase 9. Rejoice in jubilation warriors! Rejoice!

1. Bonus potch gained a victorious defending nation.
The victorious defending nation sells the armor and weapons of the dead soldiers and receives 50 x the total dead soldiers. So Magenta is defending against Cyan and between them they lose 100,000 soldiers meaning 25,000 soldiers permanently lay face down on the battle field. Magenta successfully defends its region from Cyan and therefore sells the armor and weapons of the dead and gains 1,250,000 potch.

2. 1 Extra PP for the next phase per victory of defensive battle.
For every region successfully defended against Cyan, Magenta receives 1 extra political point for the next phase due to the high morale of the populace working that much harder to triumph again. These cannot be carried over for further phases and can only be used in the subsequent phase.

3. Temporary immunity for a region
If the same region of Magenta is invaded by either Cyan or Orange for three consecutive phases and Magenta successfully defends against the invaders, the region will be considered cursed to invaders and no nation can invade that region for the next phase.

4. Removal of the Most Victorious Unit award
Due to victory counts not reflecting the true amount of victories that unit has actually won (due to inactive victory counts) the admins have decided that this award isn't a true measure of victory anymore.

There are further changes to be made so stay tuned for those!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]

Last edited by Axiose on Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Partial list of changes for Phase 9 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
1. Bonus potch gained a victorious defending nation.
The victorious defending nation sells the armor and weapons of the dead soldiers and receives 50 x the total dead soldiers. So Magenta is defending against Cyan and between them they lose 100,000 soldiers meaning 25,000 soldiers permanently lay face down on the battle field. Magenta successfully defends its region from Cyan and therefore sells the armor and weapons of the dead and gains 2,500,000 potch.

50 X 25,000 = 2,500,000 potch?

I think you're looking for 1,250,000 potch, pup. Unless of course my elementary school teachers lied to me.

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question:
About 3rd point.

First thing: Does this thing work from now on or does it work even if some province was attacked f.e. in phases 6,7,8?

Second thing: does provinces attacked from sea count? You know you may lost battles concering maritime superiority but you could defend port region for 3 phases?

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KKG wrote:
First thing: Does this thing work from now on or does it work even if some province was attacked f.e. in phases 6,7,8?

It'll work from now. I don't want to have to start working back through phases to find which regions were defended in 6, 7 and 8.

KKG wrote:
Second thing: does provinces attacked from sea count? You know you may lost battles concering maritime superiority but you could defend port region for 3 phases?

If you defend a port region from maritime superiority for three phases that nobody can invade that region (that goes for maritime superiority as well).

Ced The Lad wrote:
I think you're looking for 1,250,000 potch, pup. Unless of course my elementary school teachers lied to me.

Hahaha, it was initially 100 x the number of deaths but I felt that was far too much as it would give the defending nation the exact amount of potential soldiers that died for the whole battle. Just forgot to change the number...my bad ^_^

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question on changes #2. Is this in effect counting the defense of the areas in Phase 8? Jowston defended uhmmm ... 2 areas in Phase 8. Do we get 2 extra PP for Phase 9?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Point 3. that i like cause it will give your opponent problems since if they are concentrating on a region and you have defended it thrice they would need to find another way or another region to attack. more brains is needed in this one i think.

Point 2. that's a good way for the defenders to earn their victory. *whispers* we deserved it. :D

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sadly no, the effects will start from Phase 9.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will there be any benefit for sucessfully defending against a raid?
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably just not losing 500,000+ gil and possibly have a governor kidnapped and ransomed.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...that will help out nations that are on the ropes quite a bit I'd say...especially since nations eventually get to the point where they can't even counterattack due to lack of PP...lots of help for nations on the defensive.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose, sadly indeed. T____T *watches 2 PP flew away from his palm*

And yeah, like Timbo, I'd also like to know if this works on defending a raid or not. I don't it would (as raid is different than battles), but who knows. Just would like a confirmation on that.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These additions certainly are a boon for those nations on the defensive. I like that it keeps them in the game, giving them a fighting chance to keep going. Those extra potch are especially helpful. I like that it gives some sort of reward for a succesful defense (well, other than the obvious of not losing your territory :P). This might make nations think twice about forefeiting battles to, since a succesful defence is worth so much more now.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'd assume by all logic that if people die in your region, whether they die during a battle or die during a raid, you can still take their equiptment and sell it. I really can't Imagine any sitting there and going....

Well guys, we just got raided, there's a load of dead bodies just lying around, they have some quite good gear on them, so I'm thinking about chucking them all in the sea. All for, say Aye.....*chorus of Aye's*
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well being attacked does not look so bad now that we can actually win something from it. (besides gaining survial :) )

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm glad for these changes. It give's a fighting chance for those nations who prefer to defend their territory than being offensive. It's a good call! ^_^

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: