Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V King & Sakiyama Interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden VI anticipation is already high is what you mean? :)
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he means the inclusion of every character in a next-generation Suikoden game. You know, THAT particular fanboy dream. :roll:

Of course, if Konami even attempted it, I'd turn my back on the damn series like that.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I understood what he meant. I was being sarcastic.

I don't think I'd like every character in Suikoden VI either, but I'm pretty sure it was just a translation error. Either that, or all the Suikoden characters for that specific new game, not the whole series. There are over 400 characters in the Suikoden world and putting every character in a game would not only be a daunting task, it would be redundant and unecessary.

But..why would you turn your back on the series like that? Surely you wouldn't want to see how they implement such a thing?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Without completely destroying any illusion of continuity and a coherent plot? Every Star of Destiny in the series has their own motivation for doing what they do, they all join their respective movement for their own reasons.

That balance of fate and free-will that is the underlining story of the series would be completely undermined if all the characters turned up to battle some ULTIMATE EVIL!

Tir McDohl doesn't want to fight anymore, Riou and Jowy only want to travel and see the world, Hugo is a clan chief, Chris is a Zexen Knight, Geddoe still a merecenary, Thomas still a meek young man in charge of a crumbling castle, Lazlo is some shmuck with a rune trust unto him.

What possible non-continuity shreading reason could that bunch of misfits have for teaming up against a common foe?

First, they'd all have to be on the same side. This, of course, would destroy the Suikoden strand that is the different perspectives idea. Then, they'd all have to be in the same region. I'm sure there's a non-idiotic reason why all these people would end up in the same place to battle the same foe.

And then, because they're returning True Rune bearers (save for Thomas) you'd have a bunch of True Rune beares almost from the moment you started the game!

I follow the series for it's grounded world that contains a sprinkling of fantasy elements. Everyone knows my area is grounded in politics and geography rather than runes and 'cool' characters. I can accept that within the laws of the in-universe world.

However, such a garish manic fanboy dream could not possibly be forced onto the seires without extremely damaging credibility and so I'd be done with it.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer the politics as well, but alas, that statement doesn't mean much. He could have simply meant "every Suikoden character in Suikoden VI".

Also, what do you think the ending of Suikoden will be based off what we learned from Suikoden III? It seems to me we will be fighting some "ultimate evil" by the tme the series concludes. Whether it's Hikusaak or some entity embodying order (or chaos) to allow the world to continue progressing.

Last edited by Himuro on Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think is a translation error, that's why I didn't pay any attention to it, is incoherent, plot wise, making the Tenkai of the past and the exceptions of III come together at a final moment of truth, that could happen, I can think many ways to implement that, but all the characters?

What for?

And how?

Most characters from IV are long dead in the time of III, he probably just meant the entire continent and basically all the characters alive at that time present, if Cleo was alive 3 years after III for example and VI took place in the Nameless lands, when you travel in Toran you could see her there, and Hai Yo in Black Dragon Island and so on...

But after Kitty I wouldn't be surprised if he meant something else entirely...
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exactly Arengeth. Don't overreact form that statement JBL, I too thought it was possibly some translatoin error because of the...Kitty and...Lauren thing.
Keiya

Deep Ground

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THe finale of Suikoden? Most likely.

And... Kitty. GOD that will be the punch line of many jokes in the future about Suikoden. :lol:

|Your kind and gentle words can't heal me now. This body's only dedicated to the never ending fight.|
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Exactly Arengeth. Don't overreact form that statement JBL, I too thought it was possibly some translatoin error because of the...Kitty and...Lauren thing.

I'm not annoyed at the article, that line is too vauge to mean anything. I merely responded to your question, is all.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh. Well, even if we do have to fight some necessary evil at the end of the Suikoden series, I'm sure it'll be presented in such a non cliche' way that it doesn't seem like your everyday save the world plot.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kitty and Lauren? What was going on at GI headquarters?

Well, I don't mind the length all that much. I tend to stretch games out for as long as possible.

He might've been talking about the length it would've taken to just breeze through the game and not recruit any optional characters.

A game with all Suikoden characters, that would be interesting...of course, it would be quite rough explaining how the Suikoden IV characters are with everyone else...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thy just came with some mistakes.....let's forgive GI ! Ameen.... :D
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The 40 hrs thing means that this game will most likely be like III except you won't go over the same parts of the plot over and over with the Trinity System. It also means with me it will take 70-80 hrs like III with all the extra and character gathering. Which is more than plenty. I get sick of a game after 70 or 80 hrs. That's about perfect.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If all the charecters are going to be in the last Suiko than it would be where the world starts to turn gray like in Luc's vision and you would probly go from perspective to perspective killing things like thoughs eyes and bosses like The Fog Ship Captin till you all come to gether.
After that you either pick who you want to be or each has thier own missions. Once you fight anough Sword and Shield will appear along with Yuber and Pesmerga. Some people are with Pesmerga sheild (Drama) and some with Yuber sword (Choas). Also in Luc's vision Drama was the bad guy.

This is how the last one would post likly go. But we need not concern our selfs with that now.(Line sotlen from Leknaat in S4 :wink: )

Any way I think the extra charecters they were talking about are non-star people like the ones you invited on your ship in S4 but never did any thing in this one they can fight.

CLERKS
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kitty and Lauren? Is there a person at GI who played Suikoden? For God's Sake.
I think end of Suikoden's story can be happen when all true rune revealed and Jeane, Pes, Yuber's secret also revealed. I don't want Suikoden prolonged to jusy for good sell number and sacrifice the story part.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: