Suikoden United and Inspirational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Wintereenmas Holiday activity: 7 Games that have had an impact on you

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Wintereenmas Holiday activity: 7 Games that have had an impa Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Taking a cue from the webcomic that started the whole Wintereenmas tradition several years ago, I have started this thread for the sake expressing details of games that have had an effect on us. This could be games that caught your attention more than others, and you were there playing the game all the time with friends. It could be a game that you played for days on end, just because it caught your attention so much, you couldnt put the game down. This thread, is about listing the top 7 games that have grabbed you the most out of all the others you have played, and why. You might ask, why is this only about 7 games, rather than the usual 10, and a good question that is. You see considering that today is the first day of Wintereenmas Holiday week, so a week being 7 days thus it becomes 7 games. Personally I might just post one game that had an effect on me every single day, or if others dont join in too much, I might just post the rest of them all together. So I suppose that I should post the first game of the list that had an effect on me.

Day One - Metroid: Ahhh the original shoot em up, that brought the genre into it's own, and has since brought about many other games. For it's time, it was a far more complex game than those that came before it such as Super Mario Brothers. The map was somewhat complex to other games of it's time, and most people spent hours on end finding the hidden paths, missles, and all the other hidden powerups, and such. It was also somewhat difficult for it's time in comparison to quite a few others. The graphics for the time was amazing, and the gameplay was superb, however it would have been better as a two player game. Had it been, they could have added a whole new aspect to the game, however I guess it wasnt possible at the time. The sound was amazing, and the overall feel to the game added to the experience as a whole. However to be honest, the storyline to the entire game was severly lacking, but it was an early game, and the series later made up for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: